• Bannan
    • Fletcher
    • Forestieri
    • Arrons
    • Boyd
    • Nuhiu

Westwood - 7: 

Iorfa - 5: needs to sharpen up

Lees - 9: Hector had a more visible battle, but where was the league’s top goalscorer?

Hector - 8

Madine - 7: stopped the attacks well

Palmer - 8

Reach - 6

Bannan - 7

Aarons - 7

Hutchinson - 8

FF - 6

Fletcher - 6

• Haha 4

24 minutes ago, WatfordOwl said:

I'm going against the Sky choice and say Palmer.

Our most improved player this season, filled in the left back slot tonight and looked like his natural position. He's really come on this season after most of us felt the 2 full backs needed replacing in the summer.

Hector was very solid and grew as the game went on. 

Middle of the park was steady, but unspectacular.

Losing Nando at HT cost us our outlet and invited pressure on us late in the game. 

Not a bad performance from the lads against what is a team chasing promotion, I just felt if we'd gone for it a little more we'd have been rewarded for it. 

Bruce has got the lads working hard, not many adjustments to make this a top 6 side again and 1 defeat in 13 since just before Christmas - who'd have thought that? 

Have a feeling the Blades will come up short against Norwich and Leeds to lose out on the top 2. 

So we'll have our end of season chuckle about them in the playoffs.

I actually thought Lees made hardly a mistake and was calm in a maelstrom

5 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood - 7: 

Lees - 9: Hector had a more visible battle, but where was the league’s top goalscorer?

Hector - 8

Palmer - 8

Reach - 6

Bannan - 7

Aarons - 7

Hutchinson - 8

FF - 6

Fletcher - 6

I was also a bit miffed at the amount of times Iorfa got into decent positions and then turned round and passed the ball backwards. Maybe Reach would have been more involved in the game working in tandem with Palmer.

1 minute ago, victorturner said:

I actually thought Lees made hardly a mistake and was calm in a maelstrom

Yeah I'd say it was probably his best game since he came back from injury.

Having Hector alongside him helps a lot, very similar to his partnership with Loovens.

Like I say, all had decent games, but the backline was pretty impressive. 

18 minutes ago, Tom Thumb said:

Westwood 7

Iorfa 7

Palmer 8.5

Lees 7.5

Hector 7.5

Hutch 7.5

Bannan 6

Aarons 5.5

Reach 5

Forestieri 6

Fletcher 6

Boyd 3

Incredibly generous.

Palmer, Hector, Hutch and Fletcher had good games. Westwood made a decent stop, the rest were poor.

Giving Boyd anything more than 0.5 is absurd.

1 minute ago, The Dukeries Owl said:

I was also a bit miffed at the amount of times Iorfa got into decent positions and then turned round and passed the ball backwards. Maybe Reach would have been more involved in the game working in tandem with Palmer.

I wasn’t too concerned about that. More just that he had a first touch like Tudgay

MOM Palmer or Hector. Westwood commanding. Arrons looked good at times. Wanted Iorfa to hit the spaces more. Often get going back inside when there were open spaces in front. Rest of team did OK. I was disappointed with Bannan. Needed someone to press higher and with authority. Would be looking at another midfielder or two, if we can. Often woeful there. Just mostly a defensive display. Yes Palmer and Hector need signing up to longer deals. Lees and Hector very good as a partnership. 

12 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Westwood - 7: 

Hector - 8

Palmer - 8

Reach - 6

Bannan - 7

Aarons - 7

Hutchinson - 8

FF - 6

Fletcher - 6

Not sure why Madine is in our line up although for his effectiveness he might as well have been!

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, sternlad said:

Thought Hector was very solid, Palmer did really well he looks a lot more assured and positionally more aware. Bannan not influential enough, Reach doesn’t suit these tight games he needs a bit more room. Forestieri and Aarons should have gone straight at them into the box as I’m sure they would have been upended. Hutch could have won it but settle for them not having a chance in the second half to speak of. Onwards and upwards from here. They (the scrubbers) are a difficult side to play against...very energetic and fit but not all that creative, Sharpe does nothing but foul people (little man syndrome), Madine hasn’t improved with age and Basham  does just that. We are still better than them man for man, but we always look so tired and lack lustre.

Good Post, probably sums up the current situation very well. 

PALMER....

And yes im shouting here.

Ive shouted enough this season as to his inabilities at R/B so now im loving to be proved wrong.

He played out of position for most of the game and looked very good.

He bossed Madine in the first half, they targeted him and he stood strong.

Hector & Hutch were imense,

Iorfa Banan & Arrons were very disapointing for me.

Well done Liam.

Westwood   -   7    -     Couple of good saves , flapped at a few crosses

Iorfa   -    6.5    -    Did OK in what was a difficult full debut

Lees   -   7.5   -   Had a good game

Hector   -   8   -   Some wild distribution but defended very well

Palmer   -   8    -   Not a fan but by god keep this form up lad …..fair play

Hutchinson    -    8    -    Nullified one of the best midfield 3,s in the division...…………..and if only !!!!!!!

Bannan   -   5    -   Needed to get on the ball much more than he did, set pieces too floaty , and don't get me started on the one he tried to knock short

Reach   -   5    -    So wasteful in posession

Forestieri   -   6.5   -   Was doing pretty well and keeping their back line on their toes

Fletcher  -   6    Grafted as always but it never stuck tonight which meant we could rarely build momentum

Aarons   -   5.5    -   One good run and one peach of a cross, other than that looked a bit too lethargic for me.

Boyd    -    1    -   Not even nuisance value...……...hopefully SB sees the light with this guy as he is finished.