Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Signing any one of Jedinak, Clattermole, Austin or Matthews would be a mistake imo. Like Abdi, Jones etc all over again.

Odubajo and maybe Powell are the 2 freebies that look somewhat appealing. 

If we spend any money it should definitely be on Hector. 

Then, as guru says, we should be looking at the loan market to add that energy and quality we need in other areas. 

For a dynamic option in midfield, Joe Aribo at Charlton looks to be a player who could play at a higher level.

22 years old, and has been playing as the attacking impetus in Charlton's diamond midfield this season.

He's by no means the finished article, but good feet, composure on the ball and a great energy, 

If Charlton don't go up, he could be a player who could be worth a lot of money in a season or two's time.

He'd definitely bring something to our midfield that we don't currently have. 

Kyristian Bielik, the Polish giant, on loan from Arsenal, is another player who'll be playing somewhere in the Championship next season. Has thrived in the holding role at the base of the diamond. Defensively very adept as he's a natural centre half, but with a coolness and quality on the ball. If we're looking for a Hutchinson alternative...Bielik could be a very shrewd acquisition. 

Surprised Payne got let go at Huddersfield. He always looked quite lively and a threat when I've seen him play. I would have thought them dropping into the Championship would have seen him play more. 

Probably not what we're looking for but wouldn't surprise me if he gets picked up by a lower end Championship team and makes an impact.

14 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

For a dynamic option in midfield, Joe Aribo at Charlton looks to be a player who could play at a higher level.

22 years old, and has been playing as the attacking impetus in Charlton's diamond midfield this season.

He's by no means the finished article, but good feet, composure on the ball and a great energy, 

If Charlton don't go up, he could be a player who could be worth a lot of money in a season or two's time.

Kyristian Bielik, the Polish giant, on loan from Arsenal, is another player who'll be playing somewhere in the Championship next season. Has thrived in the holding role at the base of the diamond. Defensively very adept as he's a natural centre half, but with a coolness and quality on the ball. If we're looking for a Hutchinson alternative...Bielik could be a very shrewd acquisition. 

There are good players and interesting names in Leagues One and Two.

We need to improve our central midfield, and AFC Wimbledon's Anthony Hartigan certainly should be looked  at.

19 years old already made 40+ starts for Wimbledon and played key role in helping them survive in League One this season.

Clever on the ball, with great touch and passing range could prove as a long term replacement for Barry Bannan (although he is still far of that level).

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, IstillhateSteveBould said:

Signing any one of Jedinak, Clattermole, Austin or Matthews would be a mistake imo. Like Abdi, Jones etc all over again.

Odubajo and maybe Powell are the 2 freebies that look somewhat appealing. 

If we spend any money it should definitely be on Hector. 

Then, as guru says, we should be looking at the loan market to add that energy and quality we need in other areas. 

I'll go along with that, just add that Willis to the list from Coventry. Good strong young player with ambition and drive to make it to the top, just what we need in the squad. 

3 hours ago, gurujuan said:

If Winnall or Rhodes are anywhere near our starting eleven, it’s midfield obscurity here we come

Personally I still think both could offer us something but the thing we are really missing is some pace upfront which I feel we will have to sacrifice Rhodes or Winnall to bring one in. To be honest the only striker I would want us to keep would be Fletcher, wouldn’t be to upset if any of the others went. 

1 hour ago, frastheowl said:

Arsenal and Man U already after the happy world of Aribo.

Bielik looks good too, if Forster Caskey came back from injury ok I’d look at him too. Playmaker 

12 hours ago, Owls77 said:

Any chance Leeds will want to get shut of Mallik Wilks, had a good game tonight and will get better!

I found him very frustrating, you can see he's got quality but he constantly did the wrong thing, holding the ball when he should pass, turning the wrong way into trouble etc

The one time he did turn the right way, he created a goal

Definitely one to keep an eye on, probably needs to play alongside better players

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

1 hour ago, Minton said:

Leroy Fer and Luciano Narsingh have been released by Swansea, reckon either of them would be a decent signing, Fer in particular would be a huge upgrade on Pelupessy

I saw that but they dont play many games between them and i think Narsingh was with the reserves for some reason. If that arent fit enough or good enough for Swansea then they probably arent for us. 

1 hour ago, malek said:

There are good players and interesting names in Leagues One and Two.

We need to improve our central midfield, and AFC Wimbledon's Anthony Hartigan certainly should be looked  at.

19 years old already made 40+ starts for Wimbledon and played key role in helping them survive in League One this season.

Clever on the ball, with great touch and passing range could prove as a long term replacement for Barry Bannan (although he is still far of that level).

I don't know much about him, but I think it's certainly an area that we've criminally ignored in the past. 

Of course, there's always a element of risk, but then again no signing comes with 100% guaranteed success. I think the way current make up of the squad...i.e. a lot of players who have been there but just fell short...there's certainly room to instil a couple of players from League's One and Two with potential within our squad. 

I'm not saying we chuck them in and watch them sink or swim (like Luhukay perhaps did to an extent)...but as squad options, there could be some value to be had. 

22 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Arsenal and Man U already after the happy world of Aribo.

Bielik looks good too, if Forster Caskey came back from injury ok I’d look at him too. Playmaker 

Didn't realise he was on a free transfer. Even more reason to explore the option of signing him.

I think if a Championship came in for Aribo, up against offers from Arsenal and Man Utd, they might stand a good chance. He'll want to continue to play football. He's a young lad that's played in non-league and now took his chance with Charlton. 

The option of regular first team football in the Championship might be favourable to spending a few years playing in the Under 23's league (especially considering the limitations regarding Premier League sides loaning players out from next season). 

Re. Forster Caskey...he was a decent prospect, but having missed the entire season through injury, not so sure he's worth taking the risk for. 

Ipswich interested in signing 6ft 9 Gillingham keeper Tomas Holy on a free 

If Dawson or Wildsmith are loaned out, maybe this guy can fill our bench? 

I've no idea if he's any good ... but 6'9" :duntmatter:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

Will fill bench alreet at that size

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, camffiti said:

No proven correlation between size & skill.................................Dave ??

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, twolaptops said:

No proven correlation between size & skill.................................Dave ??

Yes but there's more chance of hitting him rather than scoring. It would be even better if he's a lard ass.

• Haha 2