Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Under our financial situation. I think you will continue to be dissatisfied.

Quite possibly yes, but looked at another way, it’s then more important that we don’t make the same mistakes that we made before. 

12 minutes ago, modboy said:

Sheff United miss out on Lee Gregory to Stoke.  I'd be seriously worried if that's the calibre of player we chased if we're ever promoted, never mind in the championship

It also indicates that United aren't prepared to pay huge wages. This will seriously hamper recruitment for the Premier League.

Edited by Beauchief Owl

24 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Quite possibly yes, but looked at another way, it’s then more important that we don’t make the same mistakes that we made before. 

We’ve already made it clear we want younger and more energetic players so I don’t think we will.

5 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

We’ve already made it clear we want younger and more energetic players so I don’t think we will.

I suppose that is why it’s the rumours I am disturbed by, and not the clubs stated aims, which I am right behind. We have seen our recruitment vere away from what was needed quite a lot recently though

Edited by gurujuan

15 minutes ago, Beauchief Owl said:

It also indicates that United aren't prepared to pay huge wages. This will seriously hamper recruitment for the Premier League.

They don't need to pay huge wages. They've got Pashun in abundance and Allah on their side

• Haha 2

Guest gizowl
57 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Under our financial situation. I think you will continue to be dissatisfied.

Really, can't be any more dissatisfied than the big money signings we've made over the last couple of seasons, I'm sure under SB most signings will be far better value for money. 

Guest gizowl
1 hour ago, s29wfc said:

I wonder if the Norwich and pigs fans were saying the same last pre season when they were linked with names like Buendia, Stieperman, Hernandez, Pukki, Egan, Norwood and Mcgoldrick?

Bang on mate. 

21 minutes ago, gizowl said:

Really, can't be any more dissatisfied than the big money signings we've made over the last couple of seasons, I'm sure under SB most signings will be far better value for money. 

I don’t disagree, but getting much better than those we have been linked (odubajo, hector, Willis, Cattermole, powell) with whilst on a budget would seem unlikely.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

I don’t disagree, but getting much better than those we have been linked (odubajo, hector, Willis, Cattermole, powell) with whilst on a budget would seem unlikely.

Hector is a good player, and has already proven his worth to us, the rest, are they any better than what we have

Guest gizowl
7 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

The cattermole one I'm not too keen on, but the others I think will be an improvement on what we've got, with a good winger and left full back, we'll have the making of a side that should be looking at the top 6.

1 hour ago, modboy said:

Sheff United miss out on Lee Gregory to Stoke.  I'd be seriously worried if that's the calibre of player we chased if we're ever promoted, never mind in the championship

Pigs want Jarrod Bowen

Edited by BRUCE LEE

27 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Hector is a good player, and has already proven his worth to us, the rest, are they any better than what we have

They are different to what we already have. The issue previously was that we had too many players who were the same and we couldn’t change anything.

14 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

They are different to what we already have. The issue previously was that we had too many players who were the same and we couldn’t change anything.

Again, I have to agree with you, we certainly need different options, and duplicating was a huge mistake. I’m a great believer in using the loan market to, not only fill the gaps, but to upgrade the quality, as we did with Hector. Derby were a club who used the system well, as did Huddersfield, when they went up. We proved that we have the quality to get us to the play offs, we just need to add a little extra Wholesale changes are not needed. 

7 minutes ago, sheriwozgod said:

Odubajo and Powell would be a big improvement on Palmer and Pelupessy IMHO.

Palmer is the best right back we have, and as a right back, is better than Odubajo and Matthews Playing further forward, Odubajo and Iorfa offer more Do we really need to be tinkering with one of the positions where we have several decent options. 

If money is as limited as some say, then surely we should be prioritising positions where we are short? Exactly what we should have done post Wembley, but we didn’t  Just don’t want us to make those mistakes again

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Palmer is the best right back we have, and as a right back, is better than Odubajo and Matthews Playing further forward,

Say what now?! In half a season, Iorfa has gotten more goals and assists than Palmer has gotten in his entire career! He's a solid defender, but his attacking play is about as effective as a cat flap in an elephant house 

Edited by Minton

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Say what now?! In half a season, Iorfa has gotten more goals and assists than Palmer has gotten in his entire career! He's a solid defender, but his attacking play is about as effective as a cat flap in an elephant house 

His attacking play is better than Iorfa’s defending