Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, S36 OWL said:

The Norwood lad at Tranmere interests me. Playmaker who scores a lot of goals.

Seems a bit raw, but is aggressive, strikes the ball really well and winds up the opposition. Perhaps lacks a bit of pace and precision as some of his shots in the playoffs were wide of the target but he clearly has something. Would be a gamble but if he did well next season he’d be harder to get. 

Would be rubbish in a Carlos or luhukay side but if we are simply getting the ball into the box or feeding on little flicks he could be decent.

1 hour ago, King_Monkey said:

Norwood is useless. He’s a 28yr old lower league jouneyman who has an average of 1 goal in 4. Our sights should be far higher.

hes also supposedly agreed terms with Ipswich.

Didnt realise he’d signed for them but 30 odd goals this season isn’t 1 in 4.

So going through this thread the team looks like this for next season....

Westwood

Iorfa            Hector         Borner

Odubajo        Lee          Diame         Bannnan       Reach

Austin          Forestieiri

take that, #HMSPTL

8 minutes ago, Fuzzy logics said:

So going through this thread the team looks like this for next season....

Westwood

Iorfa            Hector         Borner

Odubajo        Lee          Diame         Bannnan       Reach

Austin          Forestieiri

take that, #HMSPTL

It’s good, but still need some younger legs and pace 

I was having a look through some of the top Premier League development squads, and players who have been out on loan. Looks like we are going to patch up the defence with frees, so I imagine the loans Bruce has spoken about, will be utilised further forward. If we wanted a pacy front man, of the type Bruce usually favours to operate as a lone front man, the list is pretty spartan. We won’t get the likes of Abraham, as they’re not going to be loaned to a championship club.

The one I thought Bruce might be interested in, indeed I think he mentioned it at Villa, was Brewster at Liverpool. He now looks a no go, as Klopp want him involved with the first team squad now. Nketia at Arsenal, but he likes to play off a striker, as opposed to leading the line. I also think Arsenal will want to send him to a Premier League side (Maybe Palace) 

Brown at Chelsea, and Woodburn at Liverpool, have both been on loan at championship clubs, but without much recent success Neither of them could operate as a single striker though. Two who do fit the bill, Greenwood at Man Utd, and Simms at Everton, but both are very young, and have no real experience at first team level. Of course there may be others I haven’t heard of, but then presumably they would find being the main striker at a championship club, a step too far at the moment.

Edited by gurujuan

1 hour ago, Groundhopping Owl said:

My only memory is seeing him score this ridiculous belter in a pre-season game at Sheffield FC. Think it finished 4-2 to them, it was a cracking game.

Vaguely remember saying to my mate at full time that Rafa Floro looked destined to make the breakthrough in a matter of weeks :wacko:

Cheers

Remember Floro playing early season against Burnley. Had a shocker, taken off at half time and never seen again.

6 hours ago, frastheowl said:

I don't know much about him, but I think it's certainly an area that we've criminally ignored in the past. 

Of course, there's always a element of risk, but then again no signing comes with 100% guaranteed success. I think the way current make up of the squad...i.e. a lot of players who have been there but just fell short...there's certainly room to instil a couple of players from League's One and Two with potential within our squad. 

I'm not saying we chuck them in and watch them sink or swim (like Luhukay perhaps did to an extent)...but as squad options, there could be some value to be had. 

Didn't realise he was on a free transfer. Even more reason to explore the option of signing him.

I think if a Championship came in for Aribo, up against offers from Arsenal and Man Utd, they might stand a good chance. He'll want to continue to play football. He's a young lad that's played in non-league and now took his chance with Charlton. 

The option of regular first team football in the Championship might be favourable to spending a few years playing in the Under 23's league (especially considering the limitations regarding Premier League sides loaning players out from next season). 

Re. Forster Caskey...he was a decent prospect, but having missed the entire season through injury, not so sure he's worth taking the risk for. 

Doesn’t look like there is much that should interest us, amongst the league one strikers Can’t see the point in signing journeymen like Collins or Marquis, neither are better than what we have, or are likely to offer anything different. As a few on here have mentioned, Jamal Lowe might be interesting. Quick, bright and a decent finisher, and young enough to improve, he may already be beyond us price wise

Edited by gurujuan

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

Doesn’t look like there is much that should interest us, amongst the league one strikers Can’t see the point in signing journeymen like Collins or Marquis, neither are better than what we have, or are likely to offer anything different. As a few on here have mentioned, Jamal Lowe might be interesting. Quick, bright and a decent finisher, and young enough to improve, he may already be beyond us price wise

League two, Des’s lad might be worth a punt if Forest don’t want him

8 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

League two, Des’s lad might be worth a punt if Forest don’t want him

Was dreadful at Bolton last season, honestly can't see how a spell in League 2 would have improved him enough to be anywhere useful for a side who want promotion.

8 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bristol City already generating £13M by selling Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth. 

Last summer they sold Bobby Reid for £10M, Aden Flint £7M, Joe Bryan £6M and generated in total £26.5M in transfer fees. 

Will struggle next season 

Just now, marcx666 said:

Was dreadful at Bolton last season, honestly can't see how a spell in League 2 would have improved him enough to be anywhere useful for a side who want promotion.

Yes I’m not convinced myself, but there’s a few pundits who think he could step up

46 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bristol City already generating £13M by selling Lloyd Kelly to Bournemouth. 

Last summer they sold Bobby Reid for £10M, Aden Flint £7M, Joe Bryan £6M and generated in total £26.5M in transfer fees. 

Yep, cashing in on players and making sure they don't fall foul of FFP and P&S. could be the way to go.

37 minutes ago, bladeshater said:

Will struggle next season 

Not financially. Why struggle next season when they've only sold a single player so far this Summer? It didn't affect them last season after selling Reid, Flint and Bryan. Biggest loss for them would be Lee Johnson.