Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

38 minutes ago, Sgt Wednesday said:

Jake Bidwell, released by QPR, not a rumour, more of a 'could he do a job'.

Doesn't sound like he's the best character to have around the dressing room when things aren't going well. “Obviously it’s been horrible - you don’t enjoy your life when you are losing every week and are just constantly thinking about it.” 

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/bidwell-i-can-t-escape-our-poor-form/

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

As has previously been explained in this thread, at the current stage of the transfer window, the only players available for ultra cheap/frees are those that have been released by their respective clubs. As has previously been explained, players that get released by their club either do so for personal reasons or are surplus to requirements. As has previously been explained, a player that is surplus to requirements is going to be someone that their now former club believes isn't going to develop to be any better than they currently are. This is a trait that typically is associated with older players (like, over 25), ones that have largely finished their development. It's not rocket science.

You're literally complaining that we're going for what is currently available. It's like going into HMV and complaining that the most recent Pixies album they have is Head Carrier

"Excuse me, you don't have their newest album"

"But sir, it isn't available until September?"

"Yes, but I want it NOW"

Calm down Veruca Salt. 

ffs :Sid:

No I understand why those players have been released, what I don’t understand, is why we are supposedly after them.

43 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

No I understand why those players have been released, what I don’t understand, is why we are supposedly after them.

Pot to pee in comes to mind.

41 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

You have been hammering the same line for ages tho.

We can all see what's needed..18 U23 world beaters..on loan from Barcelona who can run in behind and won't trouble FFP...lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, GerOwl said:

Pot to pee in comes to mind.

It’ll cost us less to borrow better Why bother signing a load of players, who aren’t any better than what we already have, and who we will likely be stuck with for 3 years? Seriously, haven’t we been here before

6 minutes ago, Costello 77 said:

You have been hammering the same line for ages tho.

We can all see what's needed..18 U23 world beaters..on loan from Barcelona who can run in behind and won't trouble FFP...lol

I have yes, and you can see where not doing it has got us

I can't say it's bothering me too much over who we're being linked with TBH.

Odubajo - makes sense. Available on a free. Quick and has experience of being successful at this level before. Worked with Bruce before too.

Borner - Don't know much about him but players have come from Bundesliga 2 and had success in the championship before. Again on a free so comes with little risk.

Cattermole - The type of experienced player that Bruce has an history of going for. I think if he was to arrive, he'd do a better job than a lot on here think?

Matthews - Again a player I don't know much about. Did he play for Cardiff and Celtic? Again it's a signing that wouldn't get the pulses racing but he'd probably come in and do a steady job.

On the whole I expect recruitment to be very similar to the summer of 2011 under Megson. Players coming in on Frees, Loans and Modest Fees that in truth won't excite but will come in and add to the collective and push us in the right direction and who knows maybe promotion? lolgarymegson

21 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

It’ll cost us less to borrow better Why bother signing a load of players, who aren’t any better than what we already have, and who we will likely be stuck with for 3 years? Seriously, haven’t we been here before

We’ve done some good business over the years with frees and loans to be fair.

2 hours ago, Minton said:

Doesn't sound like he's the best character to have around the dressing room when things aren't going well. “Obviously it’s been horrible - you don’t enjoy your life when you are losing every week and are just constantly thinking about it.” 

https://www.qpr.co.uk/news/club-news/bidwell-i-can-t-escape-our-poor-form/

Good job he weren't playing under Jos then, he'd have had a mental breakdown 

• Haha 1

52 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

I can't say it's bothering me too much over who we're being linked with TBH.

Odubajo - makes sense. Available on a free. Quick and has experience of being successful at this level before. Worked with Bruce before too.

Borner - Don't know much about him but players have come from Bundesliga 2 and had success in the championship before. Again on a free so comes with little risk.

Cattermole - The type of experienced player that Bruce has an history of going for. I think if he was to arrive, he'd do a better job than a lot on here think?

Matthews - Again a player I don't know much about. Did he play for Cardiff and Celtic? Again it's a signing that wouldn't get the pulses racing but he'd probably come in and do a steady job.

On the whole I expect recruitment to be very similar to the summer of 2011 under Megson. Players coming in on Frees, Loans and Modest Fees that in truth won't excite but will come in and add to the collective and push us in the right direction and who knows maybe promotion? lolgarymegson

Agree with this. Cattermole looked decent early last season in my opinion. Had a good game at Hillsborough and there aren’t many who truly do what Hutchinson does when he can’t play. He’s grown up a lot and is a leader on the pitch and played with Bruce at Wigan I think. My only concern is that he would be quite expensive wage wise with little or no resale value.

He didn’t look great last night but it was a scrappy game generally.

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

This could be true depending on who we loan and from whom, but to claim that some of the frees aren't better than we already have is very debatable. 

5 hours ago, gurujuan said:

So that’s 8 players we’ve been heavily linked with, and none are under 25 

We need some experienced heads . Fill a team with kids and you are in trouble. Jos proved that .

Guest wilyfox
5 minutes ago, basegreenowl said:

Liam Bridcutt or Lee Cattermole or neither? 

Bridcutt was someone I wanted years ago. Not now. It's a no to Cattermole.