Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 hours ago, Royal_D said:

One thing i’ll say about the Rhodes situation is Norwich can get them selfs rodded if they think they can take him for next to nowt, I’m more than open to selling the lad but not for pennies 

why on Earth should we bend over for a club that’s just come into millions with promotion to the PL, nah not a chance 

It doesn’t matter how much money they have, ultimately they know he ain’t worth millions.....so they won’t spend that 

Got to love Jordan Rhodes on OT

10,000 pages about buying him

10,000 pages about selling him

in between

2,000 about how best to play him

2,000 about a penalty he didn’t take 

Like the guy but this relationship has turned out like a bird you really fancied, were really pleased to hook up with but who in the end was not quite what you expected, made your life complicated and was definitely someone you couldn’t afford.

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

Guest wilyfox
6 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Perhaps we will end up loaning Rhodes again? Cover his wages and part of this years payment to Boro.

That's what I think'll happen, possibly near deadline when clubs scrounge for strikers. But it means waiting all summer which may hinder ourselves. Was really hoping Norwich would take him, because there's nothing been said to imply Rhodes even wants to turn things around here. 

Norwich really boil my pi$$! They think he’s good enough to play in the prem, but want to pay peanuts for him. I can totally understand Chansiri’s stance here, loads of Wednesday fans saying sell him for next to nothing but it’s him who stands to lose millions not them. Tell em it’s £5m or wedge it! East Anglian carrot crunching, turnip tugging tvvats!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, A12owl said:

Has anybody said anything about Rhodes except on OT.

Rhodes might be happy to stay . He might be happy to go.

With the current News Embargo nobody says anything. 

When Bruce stands in front of a microphone at oitp and says we're waiting for Norwich to make an offer, that does not imply there's a mutual desire to reintegrate and get him firing here. It suggests best for all parties if Rhodes moves on. 

38 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

It doesn’t matter how much money they have, ultimately they know he ain’t worth millions.....so they won’t spend that 

True and while someone is only ever worth what someone is willing to pay, the fact that we still owe Boro c£4m means Rhodes has a minimum value derived from the stupid FFP rules, rather than DC being skint or stubborn. 

I think the £7m was last years figure, Norwich using this as an excuse. Reading between the lines, Bruce has made him available perhaps explaining along the lines of the above and they haven't yet made an offer. 

8 hours ago, Rogers said:

Problem is, he’s getting older, playing less, and his value is going down by the month. What do we do, pay his wages for the rest of his contract or cut our losses. 

It’s like selling a house and you have a price in mind that you won’t budge on, because your neighbour sold for that 2 years.  Unfortunately the neighbours house was better and the market prices are not what they were 2 years ago.  

We we can only sell for what people will pay. 

Still a long way to go before the transfer window closes, plenty of time for interest to arise. Using the same analogy of housing, you don't have to take the first offer.

24 minutes ago, goonan8 said:

Norwich really boil my pi$$! They think he’s good enough to play in the prem, but want to pay peanuts for him. I can totally understand Chansiri’s stance here, loads of Wednesday fans saying sell him for next to nothing but it’s him who stands to lose millions not them. Tell em it’s £5m or wedge it! East Anglian carrot crunching, turnip tugging tvvats!!

DC had already lost mlllions refusing good offers for players in the past. Its his hobby.

58 minutes ago, A12owl said:

Has anybody said anything about Rhodes except on OT.

Rhodes might be happy to stay . He might be happy to go.

With the current News Embargo nobody says anything. 

What news embargo?

4 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

What news embargo?

The made up one that certain posters who don't like Chansiri keep telling us about. Despite the official site having a new piece of news added almost every day for the last 3 weeks

• Thanks 1