Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

37 minutes ago, Hookowl said:

According to accounts published, our wage bill for 2017 was £26M, pigs was £19M.

40% more to finish 25 points behind then. 

I wish we were signing Ravel Morrison. 

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

Dom gets a lot of stick on here. But, I can't imagine anything worse than sitting in the boiling sunshine just watching a load of blokes run around. He deserves a lot of praise for that.

• Haha 3

14 minutes ago, Hitcat said:

Dom gets a lot of stick on here. But, I can't imagine anything worse than sitting in the boiling sunshine just watching a load of blokes run around. He deserves a lot of praise for that.

tenor.gif.8b27eee8186d2c353be7d3ab5c5295c4.gif

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TodwickOwl said:

Apparently it’s just been on SSN that Norwich have ended interest in Rhodes due to price being too much?

That's big news

It would mean Rhodes staying with us as a striker as part of the squad as can't see any other clubs being interested

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

That's big news

It would mean Rhodes staying with us as a striker as part of the squad as can't see any other clubs being interested

Also reduces Bruce's options in the transfer market if he was relying on incoming funds to strengthen the squad in other areas.  Might mean he has to consider selling the likes of Forestieri or Joao.

1 minute ago, mogbad said:

Also reduces Bruce's options in the transfer market if he was relying on incoming funds to strengthen the squad in other areas.  Might mean he has to consider selling the likes of Forestieri or Joao.

Can't see that we would get that much for them, so would be better off keeping them.

Rhodes is wanted by Norwich in the Premier league to probably play the supersub role again. They say the price is too high so if we have to keep him surely we can use him in the same role. Bring him on after 65/70 mins, give Fletch a rest and with more pace on the wings it really could work for us. Its a great problem to have and I know he's costing us a lot but he may pinch us 5 or so games which could be critical. 

• Like 1

Norwich keep crying to the media when they don’t get their way. Absolutely no need to go to sky if they are truly out the running in my view.

This time last season they pulled out the deal and it was off and he signed a couple of days later.

2 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

Norwich keep crying to the media when they don’t get their way. Absolutely no need to go to sky if they are truly out the running in my view.

This time last season they pulled out the deal and it was off and he signed a couple of days later.

Exactly this they are just trying to drive down the price. If we were in a different position I’d say we should tell them where to go but we are desperate to get shut. If not Rhodes then others.

3 minutes ago, Bluesteel said:

They are clearly telling us then to lower our asking price. Perhaps we should listen.

Just now, pazowl55 said:

They are clearly telling us then to lower our asking price. Perhaps we should listen.

Depends what the actual asking price is. They ain’t skint but we need to be realistic. 

Edited by Bluesteel

Just now, Bluesteel said:

Depends what the actual asking price is. They ain’t skint but we need to be realistic. 

We know its clearly more than they are willing to pay. We need to be careful here. Cant have a player sitting in the stands every week on 35/40k.

1 minute ago, swfc1983 said:

Exactly this they are just trying to drive down the price. If we were in a different position I’d say we should tell them where to go but we are desperate to get shut. If not Rhodes then others.

Are we desperate to get shut ?  I know for a fact we are not desperate to get rid of nobody.    UTO 

• Haha 1