Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, TheEnchanter said:

Jordan Willis would be a great pick up on a free. 

Souare would have been too good for us before his car accident. If hes anything like he was before he'd be great. 

I can't imagine we'll be after two more centre halves. With Lees, Thorniley, Borner and Iorfa who can play there, surely there's only room for one more. 

Hector is clearly first choice, but it's likely we might have to play the long game in that pursuit. Is Willis going to wait patiently by on the off chance we fail to agree a deal for Hector? Very unlikely. I suspect Willis will agree a deal with another Championship club whilst we're still pursuing Hector. 

Agree about Souare though. He was a top performer for Palace before his car accident. If he could rediscover that form, he'd be a top player in the Championship. 

12 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

While quoting someone mentioning the news being the embargo.. apologies if I misinterpreted what you were trying to say 

Do you personally think we are under some form of embargo?

We are, I believe, under a soft embargo until the EFL ratify our late accounts.  

1 hour ago, jack whitham said:

Kieran Maguire just told me that there has been no official announcement from anyone to suggest we are even under a soft embargo.

He is a guest on Biggs show on Thursday. Surely we have to be under some sort of embargo though, we would have announced the signings if we weren’t? 

35 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hence the supposed ground sale.

There is absolutely no proof of this.

Chansiri has said himself we are in trouble. Sooner people wake up the better. The three players we’ve ‘signed’ aren’t ours until the EFL sanction them.

Just now, SallyCinnamon said:

Chansiri has said himself we are in trouble. Sooner people wake up the better. The three players we’ve ‘signed’ aren’t ours until the EFL sanction them.

Not having it. 

We aren't in trouble - Bruce wouldn't come here if we were in trouble.

Scaremongering at it's finest. 

2 minutes ago, SallyCinnamon said:

I've read in a few places that the ground has been sold.

Do you really think these players would train and turn up to public events without signing a contract? Stop flouncing.

48 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Hence the supposed ground sale.

7 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

I've read in a few places that the ground has been sold.

Do you really think these players would train and turn up to public events without signing a contract? Stop flouncing.

Where has it been mentioned that we have sold the ground, anywhere credible?

31 minutes ago, frastheowl said:

I can't imagine we'll be after two more centre halves. With Lees, Thorniley, Borner and Iorfa who can play there, surely there's only room for one more. 

Hector is clearly first choice, but it's likely we might have to play the long game in that pursuit. Is Willis going to wait patiently by on the off chance we fail to agree a deal for Hector? Very unlikely. I suspect Willis will agree a deal with another Championship club whilst we're still pursuing Hector. 

Agree about Souare though. He was a top performer for Palace before his car accident. If he could rediscover that form, he'd be a top player in the Championship. 

Van Aken is on the training pics from Portugal too. Another CB.

Lees, Borner, Iorfa, Thorniley, Van Aken, possibly Hector or Willis, Hutchinson and Fox who have covered there in emergencies.  3 at the back coming this season? Or, are we going to start doing some business shifting players out?

I find it strange we signed Iorfa. He clearly prefers Palmer and we signed Odubajo and he’s never had a look in at Centre half  here or even Wolves for that matter. Palmer did a good job filling in at left back but you can’t put that on the lad. We need a left back desperately. Unless Bruce saw something in Penney at Villa Park that he thinks he could get out of him every week. 

Edited by Woodie
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I find it strange we signed Iorfa. He clearly prefers Palmer and we signed Odubajo and he’s never had a look in at Centre half  here or even Wolves for that matter. Palmer did a good job filling in at left back but you can’t put that on the lad. We need a left back desperately. Unless Bruce saw something in Penney at Villa Park that he thinks he could get out of him every week. 

I didn't get the impression he prefers Palmer in the slightest.  Iorfa wasn't selected initially because he'd hardly been playing but once he was up to speed I felt that he preferred Iorfa.

14 minutes ago, Woodie said:

Because we managed to get him for £250k when clearly he's worth far more than that.