Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, striker said:

I get that Barnsley do well from developing and selling players, but breaking up a promotion winning team before a ball is kicked the the championship is s risk, potentially lose momentum from promotion. 

They've sold 3 or 4 already?

Not sure whether it's Brentford or the dingles but isnt part of their investment group the person from moneyball?

1 minute ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Not sure whether it's Brentford or the dingles but isnt part of their investment group the person from moneyball?

Brentford use a “money ball” type system, so its said. 

2 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Brentford definitely was/is, not sure about Barnsley. Could be, seems a similar model.

6 minutes ago, RedDragonOwl said:

Barnsley , and Nice also in same group. Revived Balotelli's career.

Billy Bean's the guy, played by Brad Pitt in the movie, coached Oakland A's baseball team (think Leicester job).  

Brentford are the gambler's team , Matthew Benham. Also owns a club in Denmark. Again, stats - based buying polocy.

Edited by fred mciver

2 minutes ago, striker said:

Brentford definitely was/is, not sure about Barnsley. Could be, seems a similar model.

Brentford only used his ideas. 

The guy from Moneyball is actually involved in Barnsley in some way. 

• Thanks 1

Definition of irony is fans on here laughing at United and their transfer policy. In the last few years we’ve probably spent £100m more than them, and ended up getting overtaken. Work that one out. 

2 minutes ago, vulva said:

Definition of irony is fans on here laughing at United and their transfer policy. In the last few years we’ve probably spent £100m more than them, and ended up getting overtaken. Work that one out. 

They've spent £12m in 3 years, we've spent £21m. It's not quite the £100m gulf you're suggesting. 

And remember that without a dodgy loan from the Bin Laden family they would have gone under a couple of years back

• Like 1

Just now, Minton said:

They've spent £12m in 3 years, we've spent £21m. It's not quite the £100m gulf you're suggesting. 

And remember that without a dodgy loan from the Bin Laden family they would have gone under a couple of years back

What about wages?

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

What about wages?

I don't know their wages exactly, we are certainly spending more than they are, but I doubt we're spending more than £3-4m more than them 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, Minton said:

I don't know their wages exactly, we are certainly spending more than they are, but I doubt we're spending more than £3-4m more than them 

Give over, we spent that alone on David Jones. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

Give over, we spent that alone on David Jones. 

I obviously had to exclude David Jones from the calculations as his £400k pw somewhat skewed the figures

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Minton said:

You suggesting our wage bill is only £3m more than theirs??? Wouldn’t surprise me if it was double. 

54 minutes ago, Minton said:

49 minutes ago, vulva said:

You suggesting our wage bill is only £3m more than theirs??? Wouldn’t surprise me if it was double. 

According to accounts published, our wage bill for 2017 was £26M, pigs was £19M.

• Thanks 2