Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest domSWFC
33 minutes ago, Mycroft said:

I think he'd be a decent signing. I can't see any of the other clubs beating us to him, but I think he'd be at the expense of Hector. So it could be either him offered a here, or we negotiate a decent price for Hector 

Looks like we’re being linked with a number of centre halves......

Sheffield Wednesday have joined Middlesbrough in the race to sign Crystal Palace defender Papa Souare, Football Insider can reveal.

Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has turned his attention to the Senegal international, 29, after learning that the player could be persuaded to drop down to the Championship next season.

Just now, domSWFC said:

I think he'd be a decent signing. I can't see any of the other clubs beating us to him, but I think he'd be at the expense of Hector. So it could be either him offered a here, or we negotiate a decent price for Hector 

Looking at Coventry's forum most think he can make the step up to the Championship but not so sure if can make the grade in a top six side.

Guest wilyfox
4 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

Sheffield Wednesday have joined Middlesbrough in the race to sign Crystal Palace defender Papa Souare, Football Insider can reveal.

Wednesday manager Steve Bruce has turned his attention to the Senegal international, 29, after learning that the player could be persuaded to drop down to the Championship next season.

He's a left-back.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
2 hours ago, Guesswhosback said:

Harris flying back today to sign for QPR 

I doubt it but nothing would surprise me. Why are we not being told anything? Why is the embargo not. Wing lifted?

3 hours ago, Rogerwyldesmullet said:

Like the guy but this relationship has turned out like a bird you really fancied, were really pleased to hook up with but who in the end was not quite what you expected, made your life complicated and was definitely someone you couldn’t afford.

You couldn’t have described my ex mrs any better :tango:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

He was really impressive when he initially signed for Crystal Palace.

Then I seem to remember he had a really bad car crash, and he's struggled to get back from the injuries he sustained.

As a result, he fell down the pecking the order. 

2 hours ago, Minton said:

The made up one that certain posters who don't like Chansiri keep telling us about. Despite the official site having a new piece of news added almost every day for the last 3 weeks

I'm confused,are the club not commenting on the made up embargo you describe or the ongoing court case involving the embargo that's made up by certain posters on here.

Agree there is nothing we can do about it either way.

6 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

I'm confused,are the club not commenting on the made up embargo you describe or the ongoing court case involving the embargo that's made up by certain posters on here.

Which ongoing court case?

• Like 1

All these defensive links along with the couple of defensive signings already agreed, as well as our continued interest in top target Hector. Makes you wonder if we're going to sacrifice a few or are we simply keeping all bases covered incase we miss out on Hector or other targets? Potentially we could have a very solid beast of a defensive back line. Last season I was impressed with how much our defence improved after Jos left, not only did we look more defensively solid but we got attacks going better from those areas too.

11 minutes ago, teddybeararmy said:

I said nothing about a court case.

And if you agree that we can't do anything about it, why does the club need to make a statement until the matter is resolved?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Think he was a beast before his car crash accident. I'm excited by the defensive beasts Bruce as brought in or trying to bring in. The likes of Iorfa and Moses, in particular are beasts, as well as the others we've been linked with. It's very promising and exciting to me about the forthcoming season and the future. Because a solid formidable back line, should allow the likes of Bannan and others to pick their passes more confidently and allow them to create more chaos going forward?