Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

25 minutes ago, swfc1983 said:

Radio Sheffield interview on Sunday he was asked about Rhodes said the ball was in Norwich’s court but that his squad is top heavy and he needs some out so he can address the balance or words to that effect.

I don’t think he said I’m desperate to get shut !!!   UTO 

2 hours ago, vulva said:

40% more to finish 25 points behind then. 

I wish we were signing Ravel Morrison. 

I think you'l find if you could, instead of being clever bugger, do a few seconds of research, discover that they finished 20 places below us in 2016/17.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Has rhodes gone to portugal with the team

Yes Dom Howson confirmed this. 

As for Norwich they know we are struggling to raise income and are trying to mug us off for a player while they get £170 million if they finish dead last. 

It always happens with us. People say why do we let players go so cheap? Because past regimes have had to cos we were skint. DC has money but he’s not allowed to spend it. He needs to raise income from player sales or other revenue streams. 

Bruce knows this and has asked us to lower price. That’s fair and well but let’s not get mugged off by a PL team who think we should accept 500k and a jar of Coleman’s mustard. 

36 minutes ago, Sham67 said:

I think you'l find if you could, instead of being clever bugger, do a few seconds of research, discover that they finished 20 places below us in 2016/17.

Soz Dad

• Haha 3

Guest Kagoshimaowl
52 minutes ago, kevtheowl said:

To be honest Jordan said he really didn’t know what will happen next season, but he thanked me for the comments and said he would be happy if it did happened. UTO 

I’d have preferred it if you’d said Jordan lad hurry up and go back to Norwich. He’s total bobbar!! 3 years past his prime!

5 minutes ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

I’d have preferred it if you’d said Jordan lad hurry up and go back to Norwich. He’s total bobbar!! 3 years past his prime!

Well obviously that’s the difference between me and you isn’t it.  UTO 

One thing i’ll say about the Rhodes situation is Norwich can get them selfs rodded if they think they can take him for next to nowt, I’m more than open to selling the lad but not for pennies 

why on Earth should we bend over for a club that’s just come into millions with promotion to the PL, nah not a chance 

3 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

One thing i’ll say about the Rhodes situation is Norwich can get them selfs rodded if they think they can take him for next to nowt, I’m more than open to selling the lad but not for pennies 

why on Earth should we bend over for a club that’s just come into millions with promotion to the PL, nah not a chance 

Because we are desperate to get rid

• Like 1

1 minute ago, gurujuan said:

Because we are desperate to get rid

Not having it, if we let him go for a nominal fee which is probably all they’re willing to offer what’s the point ??  We lose out regardless .. cus we’ll be paying Middlesborough what we owe em maybe save a few quid on wages but not groundbreaking is it ?  

Id rather keep him in the squad and take chance on Bruce been able to get something out of him 

10 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Not having it, if we let him go for a nominal fee which is probably all they’re willing to offer what’s the point ??  We lose out regardless .. cus we’ll be paying Middlesborough what we owe em maybe save a few quid on wages but not groundbreaking is it ?  

Id rather keep him in the squad and take chance on Bruce been able to get something out of him 

I share the same view as this, nobody did us any favours when were chasing our top targets so...

1 hour ago, Sonny said:

Barnsley too though. Billy Beane is part owner.

Not denying that...could be a good way to go to smaller clubs. 

Brentford have bought small sold big for a while now. But never sustained a good run to reach the play offs, much like Beanes baseball team. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Royal_D said:

Problem is, he’s getting older, playing less, and his value is going down by the month. What do we do, pay his wages for the rest of his contract or cut our losses. 

It’s like selling a house and you have a price in mind that you won’t budge on, because your neighbour sold for that 2 years.  Unfortunately the neighbours house was better and the market prices are not what they were 2 years ago.  

We we can only sell for what people will pay.