Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Long hard season. Got a feeling Palmer showing his versatility, alongside good performances last year, is the reason his contract got extended. He’s proven himself more than capable cover for both full back positions. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, The only way is S6 said:

Van Aken is on the training pics from Portugal too. Another CB.

Oh aye, forgot about him. Easily done.

He'll be gone. Back to Holland on a season long loan I reckon. Can't any future for him whatsoever. 

19 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I find it strange we signed Iorfa. He clearly prefers Palmer and we signed Odubajo and he’s never had a look in at Centre half  here or even Wolves for that matter. Palmer did a good job filling in at left back but you can’t put that on the lad. We need a left back desperately. Unless Bruce saw something in Penney at Villa Park that he thinks he could get out of him every week. 

We'll sign a left back I reckon. 

The fact Bruce signed Lazaar when he first arrived last season. And were fairly strongly linked with Bidwell. And now the Souare rumour has surfaced. 

Are pretty strong indications that Bruce feels we're short in that area. 

Although, personally, I hope by signing a left back, we don't cast aside a very promising youngster in Penney. He needs games this season to be able to kick on from an encouraging start last season. 

32 minutes ago, TodwickOwl said:

Not having it. 

We aren't in trouble - Bruce wouldn't come here if we were in trouble.

Scaremongering at it's finest. 

:Chansiri:"Mr Bruce we like to offer you this £1m pound contract"

lol "where do I sign"

:Chansiri:"just one thing,we may have a problem with p&s, meaning loans and free transfers.

lol : "did you say£2m"

:Chansiri:"yes"

lol "where do I sign"

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Just like you made up that Bidwell was in Portugal.

Give over. I was repeating several posters who said they were out in Portugal and had seen him there. I made a mistake believing what was said, but I never made anything up.

Just out of interest, what are you beliefs on the situation?

Guest wilyfox
35 minutes ago, Woodie said:

I find it strange we signed Iorfa. He clearly prefers Palmer and we signed Odubajo and he’s never had a look in at Centre half  here or even Wolves for that matter. Palmer did a good job filling in at left back but you can’t put that on the lad. We need a left back desperately. Unless Bruce saw something in Penney at Villa Park that he thinks he could get out of him every week. 

26 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I didn't get the impression he prefers Palmer in the slightest.  Iorfa wasn't selected initially because he'd hardly been playing but once he was up to speed I felt that he preferred Iorfa.

Palmer was switched and Fox dropped to accommodate Iorfa. Suggests Bruce saw his value to the team. We are pretty loaded in his positions though. Will be interested to see who gets the nod - although Iorfa is banned for the opening two games anyway. 

42 minutes ago, Woodie said:

That and Odubajo is more of a winger than a full-back

6 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Palmer was switched and Fox dropped to accommodate Iorfa. Suggests Bruce saw his value to the team. We are pretty loaded in his positions though. Will be interested to see who gets the nod - although Iorfa is banned for the opening two games anyway. 

I agree but I saw the fact he played Palmer there because he was more comfortable on the left than Iorfa, but with a new left back, see him going back to the right. Palmer played well last year Bruce was singing his praises on top of a Scotland call up. I think the place is his to lose. We shall see. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SallyCinnamon said:

There is absolutely no proof of this.

Chansiri has said himself we are in trouble. Sooner people wake up the better. The three players we’ve ‘signed’ aren’t ours until the EFL sanction them.

There's the same amount of proof we're under an embargo too.

Remember, we aren't in this supposed embargo for ffp breaches.

PS: The players have signed deals with us, they are our players.

Edited by Birley Owl 1867

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, The only way is S6 said:

Van Aken is on the training pics from Portugal too. Another CB.

Looks like he’s built up a bit too

24 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

There's the same amount of proof we're under an embargo too.

Remember, we aren't in this supposed embargo for ffp breaches.

PS: The players have signed deals with us, they are our players.

Unless there is a specific get out clause in the contracts, the "players" are our employees, but not players. They cannot play until registered. For whatever reason, that hasn't happened yet. Worst case scenario; we're embargoed but still have to pay these employees even though they can't play for us.

Guest wilyfox

Hopefully we'll see Cattermole holding up an Inter Miami shirt soon, or somewhere else far far away.