Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

52 minutes ago, billyblack said:

So the ground sale was planned and not a knee jerk reaction to his incompetent financial planning? Hence the delay in accounts whilst he fudges it through

Sounds like making it up to me

Why assume that at all,if Mr Chairman says to Brucey baby come to hillsborough,i'll endeavour to support you as best i can in the transfer window,then the sale of the ground (if thats whats been done) would mean surely that this idea had to have been muted last season not as you suggest a sudden "oh shyte,i'd better do summat".

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, George said:

Yeah, got totally shafted with Hector last year...

Oh really? That'd be nice.

Is there a precedent for that? I seem to recall having thought that would happen the last couple of years and it not doing but I may be wrong.

Not really, but like I said a bit further up we have now signed 3 players and the 3 who signed renewals.

01/07/19 is when players 'officially' move to clubs on a free transfer. 

In recent years the media department has made a huge deal out of pre-season with videos, daily pictures etc so i'm sure they'd find it hard not to include the six players in question when doing this.

1 minute ago, DELUDED OWL said:

Why assume that at all,if Mr Chairman says to Brucey baby come to hillsborough,i'll endeavour to support you as best i can in the transfer window,then the sale of the ground (if thats whats been done) would mean surely that this idea had to have been muted last season not as you suggest a sudden "oh shyte,i'd better do summat".

No that’s not what happened. He was sat outside Hillsborough next to the elephants having a fag and sobbing gently to himself. When this bloke shuffled up and said “ I will buy the ground for 23 m. Would that help”. Course he just grabs it and takes the offer and there he is. Off the hook. 

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Not really, but like I said a bit further up we have now signed 3 players and the 3 who signed renewals.

01/07/19 is when players 'officially' move to clubs on a free transfer. 

In recent years the media department has made a huge deal out of pre-season with videos, daily pictures etc so i'm sure they'd find it hard not to include the six players in question when doing this.

Will July 1st be the official day anymore though.

It was always the day the new season started because of the transfer window opening and team report back to preseason or there abouts, but as the transfer window now opens 5 weeks earlier as it closes for the 1st game of the season, does this not mean that football clubs may well not run contracts to the end of June but instead the end of May. It just seem strange that for 5 weeks of a 10 week transfer window nothing happens until players are out of contract.

The whole point of moving the transfer windows is so the team you start the season with is the team you have until the next transfer window.

1 hour ago, billyblack said:

are we, aren't we???

Hokey cokey

DC knows, just cant be arsed to tell anyone, too busy playing with is train set

Having listened to hundreds of amateur bull$hitters it is good to listen to an expert. Please carry on.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

It was always the day the new season started because of the transfer window opening and team report back to preseason or there abouts, but as the transfer window now opens 5 weeks earlier as it closes for the 1st game of the season, does this not mean that football clubs may well not run contracts to the end of June but instead the end of May. It just seem strange that for 5 weeks of a 10 week transfer window nothing happens until players are out of contract.

The whole point of moving the transfer windows is so the team you start the season with is the team you have until the next transfer window.

Teams: Hi guys, we'd like to make your contract a month shorter, and therefore pay you less, because the transfer window has moved slightly earlier and there are a few people online who want transfers confirming, like, now or whatever.

Players: ...

Teams: Oh go on

Players: Get fizzed.

Teams: Ok, thanks.

• Like 1

All this 'It's Only June FFS' post-445-0-17714700-1422214772.png 

Some clubs have already paraded new signings, with the obligatory shirt holding pics.

Some have already started theirs pre-seasons

Chansiri is just playing it cool though, by taking a leaf out of Mandaric's book ... 

post-445-0-67586200-1409838723.jpg

5 minutes ago, camffiti said:

All this 'It's Only June FFS' post-445-0-17714700-1422214772.png 

Some clubs have already paraded new signings, with the obligatory shirt holding pics.

Some have already started theirs pre-seasons

Chansiri is just playing it cool though, by taking a leaf out of Mandaric's book ... 

post-445-0-67586200-1409838723.jpg

Nail on head

I bet we haven't announced our 4 signings because we haven't got a shirt for them to hold up

• Haha 5

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Players contracts run until the 30th of June.

Free agents then officially become yours on the 1st of July.

1 hour ago, Plonk said:

Maybe, just maybe the paperwork is sat in someone’s in tray at the EFL whose on their holidays in Benidorm. Until it’s rubber stamped I think the EFL would be mighty pissed off with us announcing things. As for the ground/ share issue, we all now know that DC took some bad advice and spunked a load of money trying to get us up. He is now regrouping and looking at loopholes to have another go. Stop slaying him for trying. He is potent he best thing to happen to this club. 

Well thats your opinion. I think hes a chancer and out of his depth

12 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Well thats your opinion. I think hes a chancer and out of his depth

Not my opinion, just a guess which is why I said maybe, just maybe? I really don’t know. But neither do you. I look at the facts. This chairman has pumped more of his own money into the club than any other in my lifetime ( and probably in the clubs history). I think he deserves a lot of respect for that. 

Or would you rather go back to Richardson looking after his own self interest at the expense of the club. Or Dave 10pc above lease rate Allen. 

I know who I prefer.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Plonk said:

Not my opinion, just a guess which is why I said maybe, just maybe? I really don’t know. But neither do you. I look at the facts. This chairman has pumped more of his own money into the club than any other in my lifetime ( and probably in the clubs history). I think he deserves a lot of respect for that. 

Or would you rather go back to Richardson looking after his own self interest at the expense of the club. Or Dave 10pc above lease rate Allen. 

I know who I prefer.

I dont have to respect anyone just because they spend money. Its they way you spend it that makes you smart or not in this case.

11 minutes ago, billyblack said:

I dont have to respect anyone just because they spend money. Its they way you spend it that makes you smart or not in this case.

So are you saying you can only respect smart people.

That's got to be a hard pill for someone like you to swallow. :biggrin:

• Haha 4