Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

8 minutes ago, billyblack said:

no I dont have to respect anyone just because they spend money. Its they way you spend it that makes you smart or not in this case.

Play-off final and 1 goal away from the Premier League in season 1, play-off semi final in season 2, increased attendances (from around 22,000 before he came to an average of 26,000 in the 3 years he's been here), infrastructure improvement, sorted the pitch from being just about the worst surface in the league to being one of the best, improved shirt quality (no sponsors coming off in the wash either), the list goes on. I'd say the money he's put in and the way he's spent it deserves a bit of respect.

52 minutes ago, Minton said:

Teams: Hi guys, we'd like to make your contract a month shorter, and therefore pay you less, because the transfer window has moved slightly earlier and there are a few people online who want transfers confirming, like, now or whatever.

Players: ...

Teams: Oh go on

Players: Get fizzed.

Teams: Ok, thanks.

I was just stating that the summer transfer window has changed and been brought forward 5 weeks, presumably everything else including player contract will also align with the new dates.

10 years ago we didn't have transfer windows we bought players when we wanted and could sign them up to a month before the end of the season, we did want we wanted in this country. We eventually adapted transfer windows like the rest of Europe.

Currently we don't have a winter break because we are not nesh, but it only a matter of time before we adopt this too so players can go abroad for sun in December and January.

We have changed all the transfer windows to open the transfer windows a month early so they close when the season starts not the end of August so why would it be so insane not to move contracts to the end of May instead of the current end of June. Currently all we are doing is giving ourselves a 5 week summer transfer window instead of 10 weeks like all the other team in England. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I was just stating that the summer transfer window has changed and been brought forward 5 weeks, presumably everything else including player contract will also align with the new dates.

10 years ago we didn't have transfer windows we bought players when we wanted and could sign them up to a month before the end of the season, we did want we wanted in this country. We eventually adapted transfer windows like the rest of Europe.

Currently we don't have a winter break because we are not nesh, but it only a matter of time before we adopt this too so players can go abroad for sun in December and January.

We have changed all the transfer windows to open the transfer windows a month early so they close when the season starts not the end of August so why would it be so insane not to move contracts to the end of May instead of the current end of June. Currently all we are doing is giving ourselves a 5 week summer transfer window instead of 10 weeks like all the other team in England. 

Because to do that, either one set of contracts will need to finish a month earlier or the newcomers need to start a month earlier. The players won't accept a shorter contract and the clubs don't want to spend an extra month's wages, so it just stays where it is. Most of the deals are already done and just haven't been officially announced when it comes to free transfers. Many of the clubs that have already announced free transfer players are due to Bosman deals, where they have been negotiating since the 3 month window opened in early April for domestic and 6 month window for international players opened in Jan.

2 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Rumour on Twitter is that Toytown are signing a keeper tomorrow and the keeper is Wildsmith for £750k

Be ok with that. Needs first team football and not a bad fee

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Because to do that, either one set of contracts will need to finish a month earlier or the newcomers need to start a month earlier. The players won't accept a shorter contract and the clubs don't want to spend an extra month's wages, so it just stays where it is. Most of the deals are already done and just haven't been officially announced when it comes to free transfers. Many of the clubs that have already announced free transfer players are due to Bosman deals, where they have been negotiating since the 3 month window opened in early April for domestic and 6 month window for international players opened in Jan.

I just think eventually it will happen or what is the point in bringing the transfer windows forward.

I swear blind that if we were going into the last month of the season 20 points clear at the top of the table, some of the miserable fekkers on here would put a negative slant on it.

• Like 5
  • Haha 4

7 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Rumour on Twitter is that Toytown are signing a keeper tomorrow and the keeper is Wildsmith for £750k

Would be a shame to see him leave, really thought he would be the one to follow on from Westwood when he left.

I certainly think he's closer to Westwood than Dawson but......

10 minutes ago, yeadonowl said:

Davies & O'Donnell have gone on to do ok for themselves, so good luck to the lad 

54 minutes ago, Minton said:

Based on?

23 minutes ago, Minton said:

Play-off final and 1 goal away from the Premier League in season 1, play-off semi final in season 2, increased attendances (from around 22,000 before he came to an average of 26,000 in the 3 years he's been here), infrastructure improvement, sorted the pitch from being just about the worst surface in the league to being one of the best, improved shirt quality (no sponsors coming off in the wash either), the list goes on. I'd say the money he's put in and the way he's spent it deserves a bit of respect.

This season will be the first in nearly 20 years that i have a season ticket, but let's be very clear, the club has not been ran accordingly since DC came in.

The club has been ran in a shambolic way and let's not forget that only 7 moths ago the owner was flouncing around saying he was selling the club. 

There are some delicate souls on here who simply cannot handle the fact it's not all rosy at down at S6. Some stuff is good, some is bad, some is downright shocking. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

This season will be the first in nearly 20 years that i have a season ticket, but let's be very clear, the club has not been ran accordingly since DC came in.

The club has been ran in a shambolic way and let's not forget that only 7 moths ago the owner was flouncing around saying he was selling the club. 

There are some delicate souls on here who simply cannot handle the fact it's not all rosy at down at S6. Some stuff is good, some is bad, some is downright shocking. 

And 6 months later, he has sold it. Albeit to a company run by him. :ph34r:

But in all seriousness, what is the bad and what is the shocking? Because a lot of the negatives I see on here seem to stem from what amounts to an internet temper tantrum rather than an actual issue.

Edited by Minton
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I swear blind that if we were going into the last month of the season 20 points clear at the top of the table, some of the miserable fekkers on here would put a negative slant on it.

wake me when we are in that position

8 minutes ago, Minton said:

And 6 months later, he has sold it. Albeit to a company run by him. :ph34r:

But in all seriousness, what is the bad and what is the shocking? Because a lot of the negatives I see on here seem to stem from what amounts to an internet temper tantrum rather than an actual issue.

Serious question: in general, are you happy with how the club has been run since DC took over?