Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

1 minute ago, hawksmore said:

Serious question: in general, are you happy with how the club has been run since DC took over?

In general, yes. I wouldn't be defending DC if I though otherwise.

So, what is the bad and the shocking then?

Edited by Minton

37 minutes ago, Minton said:

Play-off final and 1 goal away from the Premier League in season 1, play-off semi final in season 2, increased attendances (from around 22,000 before he came to an average of 26,000 in the 3 years he's been here), infrastructure improvement, sorted the pitch from being just about the worst surface in the league to being one of the best, improved shirt quality (no sponsors coming off in the wash either), the list goes on. I'd say the money he's put in and the way he's spent it deserves a bit of respect.

Dont forget Thornbridge Wednesday craft beer in the ground. Curry, Pizza, Thai Chicken. Wednesday Tap. Mind altering neon hoardings. Plentiful hair transplants.

Did I mention beer?

16 minutes ago, Minton said:

And 6 months later, he has sold it. Albeit to a company run by him. :ph34r:

But in all seriousness, what is the bad and what is the shocking? Because a lot of the negatives I see on here seem to stem from what amounts to an internet temper tantrum rather than an actual issue.

Minton, did you sell your house to go on holiday this year?

Just now, Minton said:

Yep. I wouldn't be defending DC if I though otherwise.

So, what is the bad and the shocking then?

- the shirts being late for sale and generally poor commercial arm of the club

- the likes of the urby signing, plus dubious others 

- involvement of doyen/paxo pulling the strings

- lack of transfers out

- that we are taking multiple 'sponsorship' from companies with no operations - this is very distasteful in my humble opinion

- hiring of obscure managers

- highest season ticket prices in the league

- be under an embargo (x2 potentially)

- fans blamed for signings

- lack of youth development 

I want the club i have supported for over 30 years to be ran with some values, not be constantly looking to exploit loopholes to get out of stupid holes he dug us in to. I don't believe anyone is generally happy that we are operating in the 'grey' so much. 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- the likes of the urby signing, plus dubious others 

Some signings work out, some don't.

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- lack of transfers out

A lot is made of this, but we have turned down offers we thought weren't good enough for a few, but as for others, it's not as easy as saying "we want to sell" and they get sold, there has to be the desire from other clubs to actually buy them.

5 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- that we are taking multiple 'sponsorship' from companies with no operations - this is very distasteful in my humble opinion

Im not fussed by that, we are exploring options to fund the club whilst keeping to the P&S rules

9 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- hiring of obscure managers

One who was a failure and one who got us playing the best football in years, a 4th place, a 6th place and a play-off final

10 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- be under an embargo (x2 potentially)

Neither of which are due to lack of finance, more issues with keeping in the P&S rules. We have delayed the accounts this year to sort out the transfer of ownership it seems, giving us the ability to spend some money this season potentially.

12 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

- lack of youth development 

In the pre-MM days we had one scout in the whole of the club. We started to improve our network and our recruitment, but that is something that takes time to come to fruition. I would suggest us winning the u18 national trophy last year suggests that we have made huge strides under DC. 

As for operating in the grey, that is just business. The fine margins in between the black and white are what make the difference. As long as it is legal, I have no issues tbh.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Not really, but like I said a bit further up we have now signed 3 players and the 3 who signed renewals.

01/07/19 is when players 'officially' move to clubs on a free transfer. 

In recent years the media department has made a huge deal out of pre-season with videos, daily pictures etc so i'm sure they'd find it hard not to include the six players in question when doing this.

They could just Photoshop the pictures and susstitute Ronaldo and Messi for the new players. That would be worth a hundred pages on here and be a great wind up from the club.lol

Edited by prowl

1 minute ago, Minton said:

Some signings work out, some don't.

A lot is made of this, but we have turned down offers we thought weren't good enough for a few, but as for others, it's not as easy as saying "we want to sell" and they get sold, there has to be the desire from other clubs to actually buy them.

Im not fussed by that, we are exploring options to fund the club whilst keeping to the P&S rules

One who was a failure and one who got us playing the best football in years, a 4th place, a 6th place and a play-off final

Neither of which are due to lack of finance, more issues with keeping in the P&S rules. We have delayed the accounts this year to sort out the transfer of ownership it seems, giving us the ability to spend some money this season potentially.

In the pre-MM days we had one scout in the whole of the club. We started to improve our network and our recruitment, but that is something that takes time to come to fruition. I would suggest us winning the u18 national trophy last year suggests that we have made huge strides under DC. 

As for operating in the grey, that is just business. The fine margins in between the black and white are what make the difference. As long as it is legal, I have no issues tbh.

Absolute fùckingLOL at that. 

If you actually knew anything about 'just business' you would know the newco and all that surrounds it is a very shoddy move. You know you can be happy overall and accept that it's not all glowing and great too, that some things are bad. I'm happy with many things, but also unhappy and concerned about others. It's called balance, again something a handful of people on here really struggle to comprehend. 

Things are not good at S6. It doesn't matter to me whether some people can handle it or not, i'll still be there next season. It's deluded to gloss over the issues though. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Kanye West said:

I would be really happy with this. As well as the freebies on their way, then i think we can really compete. 

3 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

I would be really happy with this. As well as the freebies on their way, then i think we can really compete. 

Even with his questionable injury record id be happy with Aarons on loan. Seemed to gel massively with the team and offered us something a little different. Was far more hardworking than I thought he would be going by reports from Newcastle fans.

Still only 23 too. 

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

I swear blind that if we were going into the last month of the season 20 points clear at the top of the table, some of the miserable fekkers on here would put a negative slant on it.

Dont want to sound negative, but is 20 enough.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Rumour on Twitter is that Toytown are signing a keeper tomorrow and the keeper is Wildsmith for £750k

Im calling BS because Chansiri has put a £10m price on him. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

20 minutes ago, hawksmore said:

Arrons and Harris down the flanks would give us the attacking pace we have been needing for years. 

Guest Ash76
1 hour ago, yeadonowl said:

Rumour on Twitter is that Toytown are signing a keeper tomorrow and the keeper is Wildsmith for £750k

Would be excellent business if true 

1 hour ago, MarkS43Owl said:

I certainly think he's closer to Westwood than Dawson but......

He’s not