Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

7 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

So Norwich are definitely lying, whereas Bruce's word is infallible and he couldn't possibly have made a mistake/been misinformed?

Has Bruce even actually equivocally said that they pre-agreed a fee?

They've got no cash.

Stinks of them tryna get out of the clause.

And who said anything about Bruce's word as gospel?

A lot on here saying we should sell for £3-4m and that our £7m valuation is outrageous. But how much have Norwich offered? Have we turned down £4m? Or have Norwich offered an amount as outrageously low as ours is supposed to be high?

Until some factual evidence comes to light everything is reported is just posturing. I've seen nothing to suggest we've rejected a fair offer.

Then there's Jordan Rhodes himself. If he's desperate to move, and to move to Norwich he can always help the deal by taking a pay cut to help finance the move.

• Like 1

We sign players at the wrong end of the market ,No sell on value ,Other clubs have players coming through ,Saleable assets ,When was the last time we had a player come through we could sell for big money ?.Downing rumoured coming ,God I hope not ,Rhodes does he ever look like he is bothered anymore ,Get him off the wages .sell him for any price.

26 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Personally I feel it’s the lack of service that’s been the problem not the strikers. To have a 20 goal a season striker, they need the chances.  Shearer says he wanted to be given 4 chances a game by his teammates to score a goal. We’ve had/got strikers who have shown they are 20 goal a season striker in this league (Rhodes, Winnall), but we didn’t have the right wingers for Rhodes to profit from, during the Carlos & Jos period.  

Hopefully Bruce realises we need more creative players in the side, judging by his reaction to some of our performances where he said there was a “lack of quality”, this usually comes from creative players, not goal poachers 

I agree about the service. That said the lack of service the forwards have had is still with the likes of Bannan and Reach in the side. And I know that if they weren't in the side the service would've been even worse which perhaps says it all? I don't see Bruce ripping up the current midfield template without his hand being forced first (offers coming in). We do need wingers but current speculation of targets suggest we're more likely to go with wing-backs rather than two wingers?

18 minutes ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

They've got no cash.

Stinks of them tryna get out of the clause.

And who said anything about Bruce's word as gospel?

Well on the one hand we've got the Sporting Director saying that no such agreement was in place. On the other, there seems to be consensus that such an agreement was in place... I assumed that that must have come from Bruce because people seem certain that it was. I'm trying to establish if he said the, because I don't remember him saying that. 

Did he say that?

6 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Well on the one hand we've got the Sporting Director saying that no such agreement was in place. On the other, there seems to be consensus that such an agreement was in place... I assumed that that must have come from Bruce because people seem certain that it was. I'm trying to establish if he said the, because I don't remember him saying that. 

Did he say that?

Just read what their director has said and seems odd. Whilst I’ve not seen anyone our side state their was a clause, for Bruce to say it’s in their hands not his, not ours on whether he returns or not suggests there was. Maybe that’s a mistake or miss understanding. 

1 hour ago, StudentOwl said:

Rhodes is for sale, it's no secret. 

Norwich want him, it's no secret.

However, that's very different to having an option to buy. I can rent out a holiday home and make it very clear that I'd be interested in buying the place at the end of my lease, and the current landlords are very interested in selling for the right price, but that doesn't mean there was an option written into the letting contract that allows me to do so once my tenancy is up, and equally it doesn't mean a pre-existing price was agreed. 

Norwich have come out and said no such agreement was in place but that it's still something everyone wants doing... just depends on agreeing the price

Option to buy gives Norwich first dibs.

That's all it means.

But agree with the rest..

16 minutes ago, StudentOwl said:

Did he say that?

I just read the directors interview and it reads as him trying to pull a fast one that's all.

What Bruce says in the grand scheme of things doesn't matter that much. Chansiri as chairman will have final say.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Birley Owl 1867 said:

Do you believe a word he says? I don't personally.

Sounds like he's tryna drum up support to worm his way out if paying 7m for him, by appealing to the national press.

IF there’s that clause then why agree to it?  IF you want it changing talk to Wednesday not the daily star

36 minutes ago, MrTacoSWFC said:

So what time are these 3 players getting announced then? 

Could be 2 now, dont know how credible fl tranfers are though. 

Screenshot_20190601_131058_com.twitter.android.jpg

Edited by WWOWL1984
Miss spell

4 minutes ago, Plonk said:

IF there’s that clause then why agree to it?  IF you want it changing talk to Wednesday not the daily star

Exactly... what evidence is there that the clause definitely exists? 

Have the club ever said the clause exists, or is it just conjecture?

If it's just conjecture, then you can't exactly kick off at Norwich for not agreeing to the asking price they've quoted in the press

2 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Bristol City wanting £10M for Callum O'Dowda. Thats after they already sold that young centre back for £13M. And sold their 3 beat players last year for a combined £25M. 

In a way I can see why Chansiri gives our players big valuations but we always seem go be striking when the market for them has gone cold. Timing is key with how you turnover your squad. We've been rubbish at it. 

If someone wants what you have it's easier to ask a high price and get it than it is if you want rid of it.

Sell when people are desperate to buy and buy when nobody else is interested