Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

3 hours ago, vulva said:

He doesn’t want to come back. 

Yep, he doesn’t but he’s on a huge contract and he’s going to be impossible to shift 

I did say I hope Bruce can get him integrated into the club, because it’s fairly safe to say he wasn’t previously 

2 hours ago, prowl said:

Rumoured he was bullied while he was here. No idea if it's true.

I would trust Bruce to sort that out.

Norwich will be well aware of JRs situation here and playing on it to try and get a cheaper deal.

If rumblings from within thier club are true farque will have a really small budget

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Do we have medicals.:Sid:

It's probably my fault to be fair, I remember praising our medical team on here when Gavin Gunning was supposed to come to us, and went to Brum, then got injured for the season after about 5 minutes. Must remember, never praise anyone, ever :Sid:

3 hours ago, prowl said:

Rumoured he was bullied while he was here. No idea if it's true.

I would trust Bruce to sort that out.

Think this comes from an interview he did for Norwich website where he had a little dig about the atmosphere in a previous clubs dressing room. Doesn’t specifically say it’s Wednesday he is talking about but it was taken that way by the the Sheffield Pig.

https://www.canaries.co.uk/News/2018/october/rhodes-villa/

You would hope that a manager like ours would be able to build a good atmosphere within the dressing room - in fact it’s probably one of his strengths. When Rhodes first arrived there were a lot of strong characters at the club & obviously CC had his favourites. I reckon Bruce won’t allow the stronger personalities to have such a negative influence on other individuals and that team spirit will go a long way towards our promotion push.

Ideally we’ll let JR go, if only DC could master the art of being little more pragmatic when it comes to selling.....

In the event JR remains at S6 I’m sure SB will find a way to make the best of the situation.

Guest gizowl

We've got to bite the bullet and get shut, can't see where the next offer will come from if Norwich turn elsewhere, his value is dropping rapidly and do we really want him on our wage bill for another 2yrs, I'd let him go for 3or4 million, go for a young relatively unknown striker and his increase in value would make up for the loss on Rhodes. 

£7m is a silly valuation. If we get £4m I’d be absolutely delighted but I don’t see that happening either. £3m seems about right to me and that would allow a player to go to Norwich where he wants to be. It would also allow us to go for Hector and this is a player we desperately need with us for next season.

It really is a no brainer - get it sorted DC!

Guest gizowl

If we got 3 to 4 million now and another million if they survive the first yr in the Premier league I'd be happy with that. Take a gamble on a couple of good youngsters from the lower leagues or premiership academies, if one of these paid off, all would be forgotten. 

Just now, smhouston said:

£3m, seriously? You think he's half the player Madine is?

Truthfully think £5m should be the absolute minimum, aiming for £7m. Premiership team, had a great career, they want him

Wish people would stop using Madine as some kind of bar for player valuations.

Cardiff paid over the odds for a player who was bang in form at the time. 

Guest gizowl
1 minute ago, smhouston said:

£3m, seriously? You think he's half the player Madine is?

Truthfully think £5m should be the absolute minimum, aiming for £7m. Premiership team, had a great career, they want him

You don't get money for someone who had a great career, Norwich are valuing him on what he can do from now. 

7 minutes ago, gizowl said:

You don't get money for someone who had a great career, Norwich are valuing him on what he can do from now. 

And yet... 

- they paid his full salary despite many in here saying they wouldn’t 

- they paid a substantial loan fee despite many on here saying they wouldn’t 

- they had an option to buy him clause in the contract of 7m that they agreed to 

weird isn’t it, many of our fans are adamant we couldn’t give him away, then there’s a huge crowd that think we should sell him for less than the buying club thought was good value for a one year loan.

All I can say is I’m glad most the posters on here aren’t in charge of player sales. Stuck in valuations of the late 80s. I would say early 90s but we were paying more then than many on here value the current crop at.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest timrud
9 minutes ago, Philb125 said:

- they had an option to buy him clause in the contract of 7m that they agreed to 

Really? Any evidence of this?

5 minutes ago, timrud said:

Really? Any evidence of this?

Bar all the press reports saying we are holding out for the 7m option to purchase in his initial loan deal? Also Bruce saying it’s up to Norwich if he returns (pre existing option to buy).