Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

Guest wilyfox

I like Adomah, but not at 31. People say he & Bruce don't get on anyway, so it's a non-starter. 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Chansiri has a decent track record of bringing in his desired target.

I agree that others will be sniffing though.

Let's see. We need him. 

Have you seen some of the players we have signed over the last 4 years. The reason we are in the issues we have with FFP is because of DC track record of bringing in players, then giving then longer contracts than we should.

Let hope DC has little or no involvement in any of the transfer dealing this summer other than paying for them.

If this happens then we will have a better chance than any of the previous season to get a team ready for the first game of the season.

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

Last season Bannan was talking to the ref most games but he just upsets them and if anything it works against us.

Bruce’s teams have a track record of doing this and it does seem to be advantageous if done right 

Well the ploy certainly worked with Swarbrick... 

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Have you seen some of the players we have signed over the last 4 years. The reason we are in the issues we have with FFP is because of DC track record of bringing in players, then giving then longer contracts than we should.

Let hope DC has little or no involvement in any of the transfer dealing this summer other than paying for them.

If this happens then we will have a better chance than any of the previous season to get a team ready for the first game of the season.

Of course Chansiri will have involvement.

The difference is he will be going for targets worth getting cos Bruce knows what he is doing.

50 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Use to rate Elphick a few years ago. Hutton is to old and will be on to much money. 

I don't get these "will be on too much money" comments.

Hutton is being released. In a few days he will be out of contract and on ZERO money. Being on a fat contract at Villa for years, he might aspire to another big contract, but he won't get it. Not from us, not anywhere. Same for Downing.

Even so, even at sensible wages, I hope we go for neither.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bloxwich Owl said:

It’s a No, no & no from me..... 

Aston Villa have released Alan Hutton, Tommy Elphick and Albert Adomah.

Rather have Michael Elphick. 

• Haha 4

40 minutes ago, room0035 said:

i'm 100% confident that its bruce pulling the transfer / contract strings now and no one else. I liked the way he said HE'D offered westwood a new contract. In the past its always been speak to the chairman, i'm not involved in that side of things.

1 hour ago, oldishowl said:

We also need somebody who knows how to manage the referee and get in his ear in the right way.

Last season Bannan was talking to the ref most games but he just upsets them and if anything it works against us.

Bruce’s teams have a track record of doing this and it does seem to be advantageous if done right 

I’d give the captaincy to our most experienced player. 

The man who commands the respect of all our players,

The player that best organises the defence,

The player with better view of the overall pattern of play

The one who is vocal and actually acts as captain on the pitch even though he’s not.

Westwood.....if he’s still our player next season.

2 minutes ago, Blatter said:

I’d give the captaincy to our most experienced player. 

The man who commands the respect of all our players,

The player that best organises the defence,

The player with better view of the overall pattern of play

The one who is vocal and actually acts as captain on the pitch even though he’s not.

Westwood.....if he’s still our player next season.

Have you been near him at the game? The guy's nuts, yes he organises and is vocal but this is mainly to keep the defence awake for fear of being bollocked :)

I honestly can't see any of our current team as Captain material

• Like 1

Guest wilyfox
57 minutes ago, Kanye West said:

Only seen one thing on Twitter linking him with them and it's from a bs account if its the same.

Yes, but I'm a paranoid cynic. 

19 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

i'm 100% confident that its bruce pulling the transfer / contract strings now and no one else. I liked the way he said HE'D offered westwood a new contract. In the past its always been speak to the chairman, i'm not involved in that side of things.

I hope this is the case as I just don't get why we still have representative of Doyes working for the club, if Bruce is finding the targets why do we need a representative from a company that helped to spend a lot of money on players we either didn't need or massively over paid for.

2 minutes ago, room0035 said:

I hope this is the case as I just don't get why we still have representative of Doyes working for the club, if Bruce is finding the targets why do we need a representative from a company that helped to spend a lot of money on players we either didn't need or massively over paid for.

Because left to our own devices, we make almighty blunders like the Rhodes signing He wasn’t a Doyen client

Edited by gurujuan

32 minutes ago, agentwalker said:

Have you been near him at the game? The guy's nuts, yes he organises and is vocal but this is mainly to keep the defence awake for fear of being bollocked :)

I honestly can't see any of our current team as Captain material

We have a ready made captain in our current team the problem is he will probably only play 25-30 games in a season for me Hutch should be the captain -