Official Summer 2019 Transfer Rumours Thread

12 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Classic episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet. The one with McGowan. Oz and Barry at their best in this one :biggrin:

Especially when Barry is doing a runner from McGowan and also the petty argument on who's in the darts team. :Sid:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Great Big Galaa said:

Classic episode of Auf Wiedersehen Pet. The one with McGowan. Oz and Barry at their best in this one :biggrin:

I like Oz's best line "what's the difference between a Range Rover and a hedgehog?, on a hedgehog the pr1cks are on the outside"

• Haha 5

6 hours ago, gurujuan said:

We don’t have a really obvious candidate for the captaincy For me, Lees gets the job, because, as others have said, he’s the the ultimate professional, plays at the back, and rarely misses a game. If things are going well, he does a decent job.

The downside is, he’s not an inspirational captain, in a tub thumbing way, and he doesn’t take responsibility for organising the defence. This doesn’t matter so much when Westwood is playing, as he seems to take charge. In short, he’s generally a solid and dependable player, but, if a player comes along who offers more in the captaincy role, I’m sure he’d be happy to stand aside. He could then be given the role of squad captain

I agree but to be fair in today’s game what does a captain actually do, talk to ref, lead the team out, calls heads or tails. If we looking for people to give that rallying call to get people going we have it all over the pitch. I don’t understand the fuss or relevance of really having a captain or not 

2 hours ago, Tamworthowl said:

I don't get these "will be on too much money" comments.

Hutton is being released. In a few days he will be out of contract and on ZERO money. Being on a fat contract at Villa for years, he might aspire to another big contract, but he won't get it. Not from us, not anywhere. Same for Downing.

Even so, even at sensible wages, I hope we go for neither.

Players who've been accustomed to a huge salary still ask for a lot though.

John Terry for example. Multi millionaire, 36 years old and without a club and therefore earning nothing, still only agreed to play for Villa when he was made probably the highest paid Championship player in history (apart from David Jones).

1 hour ago, Great Big Galaa said:

One of the best episodes they made.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Players who've been accustomed to a huge salary still ask for a lot though.

John Terry for example. Multi millionaire, 36 years old and without a club and therefore earning nothing, still only agreed to play for Villa when he was made probably the highest paid Championship player in history (apart from David Jones).

True, but I doubt that Villa paid anywhere near what Terry was on at Chelsea, even if that was the second highest ever salary for a championship player.

Similarly, wherever Hutton and similar "veterans" end up, they will be on much less than they are used to (moves to China and Qatar being possible exceptions). Being multi millionaire ex-premier league players, they are not desperate for work so can hold out for the previous salary, but if they do they'll be waiting a long time.

Guest gizowl

I think you'll find Terry Jizzed his money up the wall, he was declared bankrupt 2 or 3 yrs ago, think this was the main reason he carried on playing after his Chelsea days. 

3 hours ago, agentwalker said:

Have you been near him at the game? The guy's nuts, yes he organises and is vocal but this is mainly to keep the defence awake for fear of being bollocked :)

I honestly can't see any of our current team as Captain material

Yep sit towards the Kop end of North. He never stops shouting instructions.

It’s no coincidence we get clean sheets when he’s at the back.

Love the way he b0ll0cks even the senior players when they don’t mark up properly.

Might be a bit nuts, (most keepers) are, but the team does seem to respond to him very willingly.

20 minutes ago, TheEnchanter said:

Jota close to leaving Brum and moving to Villa for a few million. 

He was pure quality at Brentford but seems to have lost his way in a poor Brum side.