Fans forum match day thread

8 minutes ago, CLswfc said:

But he did sell the club to someone who knows jacksh*t about football. I dont think MM did us or the club any favours, do you. 

no he didn't but he said all along that he would sell to someone what paid him 40 million and who would invest in the club, he didn't promise that the new owner would have several screws loose though 

22 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

MM was a proper chairman. Would love him back. 

MM came here for one reason to make money out of SWFC, he got our shares for nothing found himself a buyer and left with a big lump of cash..

At the end of the day he looked after himself......

2 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

How long we going to have to endure this though? Look at Blackpool, Coventry etc. This misery could roll on for years, and then we have to hope he flogs us on to someone who knows what they are doing. I’m totally disillusioned with it. 

There is nothing you can do.

Just bide your time.

1867 - the old girl will out live me and you - and him.

Our fore fathers were made of sterner stuff than this.

Believe.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, steveger said:

Milan nearly sold us to,mammasdog, it only went pear shaped when his country's government shafted him not down to old tight arse's so called "due diligence"...

but he saved the club blah, blah, blah...  yeah that old chestnut....

Now, Steve, Mamadov 'is a good man, a football man'.. According to MM. 

So why should we question the sale of our club to Chansiri?.. 

• Haha 1

29 minutes ago, marconi said:

This forum could and should have been over in two minutes flat.

"Will you sack Jos?"

"No"

Meeting over fans walk out.

I suggested a boycott. Nobody listened to me and I am tired, I feel I am on my own, and that is why things are going wrong. 

5 minutes ago, vulva said:

Can’t someone drill down on his quote about making £100m profit. 

With a rough estimate of what DC is balls in for, that makes the club worth around £180m.

Not sure about that one DC lad. 

And this is the key... he might soon (already) want out but he will want his money back plus more.

In other situations owners have admitted defeat and sold up for cheap (possibly with a promise of money due to later success). Genuinely can’t see DC doing that.

2 minutes ago, Whitechapel Owl said:

I think the real truth to this is Jos is given a weekly budget to spend on bonuses. He hasn't necessarily been told any particular individual can't play but the system leaves no room for those on higher bonuses like Westwood and Hutchinson to play. So technically Chansiri hasn't told him who he can't pick but at the same time has forced Jos' hand into effectively freezing certain players out. It also would explain the bizarre and frequently changing sides as if he decides to start X that means he has to remove Y to balance the numbers.

So it's not about new contracts being triggered, but about controlling how much the club spends on appearance, clean sheet and goal bonuses.

Well we lose every week so he's saving money on that one

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Castleford Owl said:

He was. He run a very tight ship and was exceedingly tight on player budget, but it was needed and we were in safe hands.

The depressing fact is that despite MM running the club efficiently, we were still losing around £5M per annum.  The Championship has become an extremely challenging environment to be both successful and financially prudent. I reckon DC can’t believe the world of pain he’s gone himself into.