Blackburn Rover -V - Wednesday OMDT

What a load of t-0-s-s again. Don’t look like we could score in the next millenium.

All Bannan’s passes going astray, nobody taking any chances, no positivity, all hiding on the pitch, looking for someone else to kickstart something.

He’s set them up to be steady and negative rather than to show attacking intent. Tippy tappy nonsense.

I think we’ll go down at this rate.

Jos, please pack your bag. I know we can’t pin all the blame on you for our demise but nontheless, I can’t find anything positive to say about you. 

Edited by theowlsman

Just now, steelowl said:

I used that sleepwalking to trouble cliche a few weeks ago and latterly last week   I want to change it to

we are full on sprinting into trouble people need to take their true fan jumpers off their eyes and realise it    not  that anything can be done about it til the owner wakes up 

We are in a situation where only one change is needed, and unfortunately it’s the hardest thing about a club to change. 

4 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

I still care...I'll still go...But I have that old fatalistic feeling that we are sleepwalking towards trouble agin...Its like a f.ookin' old friend tappin' you on the shoulder sayin' "Remember me?"

Without a doubt , the last time we were I’m the mire we were being run as sensibly as possible to manage the situation, god only knows what will happen when we inevitably drop to league one , be it this year or next 

9 minutes ago, james o connor said:

Exactly , even In the days of shreeves , yorath , Irvine etc i still looked forward to games.  This season I’ve been to five matches two with work mates who supported derby and forest , mainly to have a few beers with them. I’ve never cared so little , yet it still annoys me what is doing to the club. He’s a disgrace 

Thing is back then mate, the prices were reasonable so you could kind of tolerate it to a certain extent. But now we are paying champagne prices for lemonade football. The one thing that annoys me most is the fact the club pushed for season ticket sales fully well knowing the FFP was around the corner and chose to keep quiet but happily take people's hard earned money. As I said before I only go because my little lass enjoys going and it's our bonding time which I enjoy but the atmosphere at Hillsborough and the so called "entertainment" I'm not sure how much more she'll want to go.

Edited by Johnny Concrete
  • Thanks 1

Blackburn are pretty ordinary,  but we are making them look half decent. Bannan giving the ball away too much, but I think Palmer has done ok, and at least tried to get forward and offer something, and he has been found with long diagonal from Hectir and Pelupessy.

Other than that, it is just a bit pedestrian really, nothing to get excited about, but with a bit more urgency, i think we can cause them problems.

1 minute ago, fife_owl said:

Utter garbage, Jos has to go.

How can a manager with Fletcher, Forestieri, Reach and Bannan at his disposal produce a team so poor in possession.

We are getting worse.

Cos he won't put ALL his best ingredients into the bloody recipe at the same time...

Its like...Today we have Spagh Bol on the menu...Without Spaghetti...next week its on the menu...without Bolognaise...

The following week..We have both the Bolognaise AND the Spaghetti on the menu...But no beef...

Its a bloody total mess!

When the cameras shows Jos on the bench and he's just sat, emotionless, just staring  into nowhere. He looks like a guy who is lost and doesn't want to be there.

I bet there is silence in the changing room at half-time. Just all sat around murmuring. 

Jos probably just having a brew and saying nothing.

I'm genuinely scared for our future.

Edited by trev
  • Like 1

Well for all that we're still in the game. Had some luck when they hit the post. But while-ever it stays like this we have a chance.

I'd definitely be asking the likes of Matias to getting a run at Paul Downing who despite out scant attacks doesn't look interested in getting involved in a foot race.

I really think there is scope for us with that ball in behind him. 

Joao. Frustrating. Got the technique but I'm not sure he has the footballing brain. Shame. Then again , if he has the brain to match the skill he probably wouldn't be playing for us.  I'd like to see Forestieri brought on in that left sided birth at the break for him. 

Palmer, for all that people don't like him has made some good runs up the right hand side and we've probably only used him as an option 3 o 4 times.

Blackburn -on the few occasions we've gone forward- have retreated at speed and got bodies along the 18 yard line. We're trying to be too clever getting it through those gaps. We're stood on our heels with the back to goal. WE must look to get outside when they defend deep. That or go for the earlier ball behind from the off and stretch them. 

Fletcher is showing for the ball to feet. The others are doing the same whereas ,IMO, they should be looking to go the other way in the space he has just left in behind him for the thru-ball. 

I genuinely think we can get back in this game. We've just got to be sharper in our thinking and less reactionary after the event.

Toes!  

Next goal is vital.  Like Thorniley and I know a lot of people like him at left back. For me it's a waste of him. Also doesn't give us that forward thrust.

Ach.

COME ON WEDNESDAY

Just now, trev said:

When the cameras shows Jos on the bench and he's just sat, emotionless, just ststunh into nowhere. He looks like a guy who is lost and doesn't want to be there.

I bet there is silence in the changing room at half-time. Just all sat around murmuring. 

Jos probably just having a brew and saying nothing.

I'm genuinely scared for our future.

He's just stealing his pension and playing to DC's tune