Favourite Wednesday Goals

International breaks are chuffing crap.

I want to see your favourite Wednesday goals and the reasons why. Doesn’t have to be ultimate favourite, and have as many as you like, but those that stick with you.

My first pick is Prutton v Oldham in 2011. Flick over once, twice, pirouettes and then smashes past the keeper - the away end went absolutely nuts, beautiful. The fact it came from George Boyd’s hair idol was icing on the cake.

What’s yours?

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

International breaks are chuffing crap.

I want to see your favourite Wednesday goals and the reasons why. Doesn’t have to be ultimate favourite, and have as many as you like, but those that stick with you.

My first pick is Prutton v Oldham in 2011. Flick over once, twice, pirouettes and then smashes past the keeper - the away end went absolutely nuts, beautiful. The fact it came from George Boyd’s hair idol was icing on the cake.

What’s yours?

Can’t believe that was 7 years ago, damn. I was in my first year at uni in Manchester and took my mate who was a Man Utd fan. He said it was as good as atmosphere in that away end then he’d heard before! 

Edited by FreshOwl
  • Like 1

I've witnessed first hand all the goals posted so far but i still can't get over Reach's strike v Leeds the other week.

We bang in line with it from our North stand seats and when the ball was on an upward curve it had no right nor possibility of dipping the way it did.

The Leeds lot were screaming "Wheyyyy!" for a reason.