Favourite Wednesday Goals

Just now, Watto said:

And a streaker appeared to boot aswell,all shown on the next day on ITV on the Big match or something like that , a dire season this one but this was one of the few highlights 

Yep the streaker has disappeared as mysteriously as our third goal (Eric Potts)!

1 minute ago, Utah Owl said:

Yep the streaker has disappeared as mysteriously as our third goal (Eric Potts)!

Thinking about and actually being there in the 70s makes you appreciate our relative position now in the championship , I know we aren't world beaters but the side we have now blinds any we had back then apart from a spell we had at the top of the old division two in 1972/73 for a few months 

5 minutes ago, Watto said:

Thinking about and actually being there in the 70s makes you appreciate our relative position now in the championship , I know we aren't world beaters but the side we have now blinds any we had back then apart from a spell we had at the top of the old division two in 1972/73 for a few months 

Well as you mention that season here's one for you. My first experience of a capacity (or near capacity crowd at Hillsborough (pretty sure the official attendance of 46,910 didn't quite tell the whole story). Just look at the place it's rammed! I was in the upper tier of the NWC (my usual spot in those days).

• Like 1

Guest everydays_wednesday
19 hours ago, Señor Sam said:

Yes great day, except I lost my shoes. White slip on loafers, if anyone has them please pm me.

Didn't Jimmy Melia have them....?