Favourite Wednesday Goals

Ross Wallace vs Fulham was probably the first proper screamer I have seen a Wednesday player score live... Think his one vs Brighton just edges it for me though. Best night watching Wednesday of my life. (Born a month after the Cup win in 91 and live down south so until about 3 years ago I'd not seen a lot of quality Wednesday goals tbh. :duntmatter:

Edited by Stokey
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

If only that could be enhanced to full HD standard (plus a lot of other games from the period) I'd be able to pick myself and my Mum (RIP) out! Happy, happy days!

• Like 2

Just now, parkfieldowl14 said:

Shame it had to be a 11am KO TBH but no matter. lol

Shame? You seriously have to be joking!

The walk to the ground (and banter) was brilliant (no busses remember?). We lived on Wostenholm Road at the time so a 4 mile walk for us. Best of all it left all day and night afterwards for taking the Mick, which we did, royally!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, parkfieldowl14 said:

Official attendance at the BDM was 49,309 - a record for the old 3rd Division - but these days, that figure has crept up to much more than that. I've spoken to people who weren't even born in 1979 who reckon that they were there on that day!

39 minutes ago, Musn't Grumble said:

Official attendance at the BDM was 49,309 - a record for the old 3rd Division - but these days, that figure has crept up to much more than that. I've spoken to people who weren't even born in 1979 who reckon that they were there on that day!

What made that day even sweeter was the way TC took the pi55 out of the Gruntbags after he'd scored the second. lol

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, torryowl said:

Stefanavic at Chelsea always get my juices flowing......2-0down and getting ripped apart by Zola the team dug in and that injury time leveller was as sweet as could be .

I remember listening to that game on Hallam FM and when it went in there was such a row you couldn't actually tell what had happened. I think the commentator eventually decided it was O'Neill Donaldson that had scored. We didn't get beaten very often that season. Solid, if unspectacular side.