Favourite Wednesday Goals

On 14/10/2018 at 11:22, CalmJimmers said:

International breaks are chuffing crap.

I want to see your favourite Wednesday goals and the reasons why. Doesn’t have to be ultimate favourite, and have as many as you like, but those that stick with you.

My first pick is Prutton v Oldham in 2011. Flick over once, twice, pirouettes and then smashes past the keeper - the away end went absolutely nuts, beautiful. The fact it came from George Boyd’s hair idol was icing on the cake.

What’s yours?

That was carnage that day

On 15/10/2018 at 08:37, walkleyblue said:

Reda v Derby 1st game back in championship, last minute absolutely mental when it went in. When we were bouncing it felt like the stand was going to come down. 

That was the game that Derby knicked our 'if you don't fkin bounce song' 

You often hear them sing it about Forest but it never sounds as good as our original

3 minutes ago, S1Owl said:

Hirst at the sty, 1-2 wi Waddle. Remember the look on ball boys face. Anyone got just the goal and celebration on vid. 

Brilliant goal, fantastic assist by Waddle to touches and in with a flip over to celebrate, it was also a cracking game - a full on blood and thunder local derby.

On 14/10/2018 at 11:22, CalmJimmers said:

International breaks are chuffing crap.

I want to see your favourite Wednesday goals and the reasons why. Doesn’t have to be ultimate favourite, and have as many as you like, but those that stick with you.

My first pick is Prutton v Oldham in 2011. Flick over once, twice, pirouettes and then smashes past the keeper - the away end went absolutely nuts, beautiful. The fact it came from George Boyd’s hair idol was icing on the cake.

What’s yours?

Nice that your using my video.

It actually is ha!

Arsenal at Hillsborough 97/98.

Not the greatest of goals but, certainly memorable.

Big Ron’s comeback game at Hillsborough. We were down in the dumps table wise and remarkably, we won 2-0 against a great Arsenal side. 

With our tickets we were sent a ‘Big Ron’s Barmy Army’ sticker and I put it in the back window of our car.

I took my son aged 11 on the Kop - and Whittingham scored the second. (My son spent all the game watching Big Ron, in his camel coat and sunglasses, in the dug out - not the game).

1 hour ago, CalmJimmers said:

Thought it’d be someone on here’s!

Great vid, absolutely bonkers!

Awful football at times .. BUT..

Some of them away days.. and i mean the day with the addition of wednesday, will always be something i look back on fondly. Great times looking back.

That was pre success wednesday. Wins felt different back then.

I felt more connected to other fans back then as well. 

Edited by benni8

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 14/10/2018 at 22:04, parkfieldowl14 said:

Another one of my favourite all time Goals. Imre Varadi against Liverpool at Anfield in our first season back in the top flight in 15 years.garymegson

giphy.gif

What a day out that was :-)

Guest everydays_wednesday
On 15/10/2018 at 10:19, daveyboy66 said:

Great day out

It was a bit scary in the away end after the game....great goal great day.

3 hours ago, Utah Owl said:

Here's one from the dark days that is worthy of a mention.

And a streaker appeared to boot aswell,all shown on the next day on ITV on the Big match or something like that , a dire season this one but this was one of the few highlights