If We Have To Sell In January . Reach Or Fessi ?

18 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If we are sailing close to the wind, and an asset has to be sold in the next window , who would you sell ? 

Seeing as Bannan has signed a new contract ,so wont be going anywhere, it leaves Reach and Fessi as the two with the highest value. 

Who would you rather keep ? 

Personally , i think Reach is more valuable to us on the pitch .

why would we have to sell? AWe have no embargo at the moment.

9 minutes ago, Quist said:

why would we have to sell? AWe have no embargo at the moment.

I'm going on DC saying if we don't go up we are screwed . He may decide to ease the pressure by cashing I  on an asset in January if things as as bad as he makes out.

4 hours ago, clampyowl said:

Fair point that pal, i hope reach does keep improving at the rate he is at the minute, ive not been a fan of his in the past, but this season especially, its like watching a different player, last season his work rate and attitude made him stand out, but this season he has added so much more to that, long may in continue 

Defo, hopefully they both stay anyways and some of the dead wood moves. 

If the same offer came in for both players and we had to sell one I would sell FF.  The better player when it suits him but as we have found out he brings a lot of baggage. Reach seems the exact opposite and he gets on with the job with minimum fuss. Also at 28 the value of FF will now start to drop each season wherebye Reach still has a few years at maximum saleable value.

I think If offers come in Reach would command a bigger fee for the reasons above and also his fitness record and versatility.

Still think Joao may become the answer to our financial woes.

We will 100% have to sell someone whether it be January or summer and our only sellable assets are bannan, reach, FF, lees and joao. Refusing to discuss Penney/thorniley going as I'd be more gutted about them than most. 

Reach and FF are both inconsistent and FF doesnt fit into our system as well as reach does however FF is still without a doubt our best player. The young english card would mean Reach would probably sell for more, especially after FF has had an inconsistent year or so. Given the fact FF seems to have issues every season and reach will undoubtably get better if the last year is anything to go by. 

Overall I'd rather lose FF i think, however I wouldnt be devastated if either of them left if it would help benefit our financial situation. Any one who thinks we won't have to sell is talking nonsense

12 minutes ago, S26 Owl said:

We will 100% have to sell someone whether it be January or summer and our only sellable assets are bannan, reach, FF, lees and joao. Refusing to discuss Penney/thorniley going as I'd be more gutted about them than most. 

Reach and FF are both inconsistent and FF doesnt fit into our system as well as reach does however FF is still without a doubt our best player. The young english card would mean Reach would probably sell for more, especially after FF has had an inconsistent year or so. Given the fact FF seems to have issues every season and reach will undoubtably get better if the last year is anything to go by. 

Overall I'd rather lose FF i think, however I wouldnt be devastated if either of them left if it would help benefit our financial situation. Any one who thinks we won't have to sell is talking nonsense

Get promoted and we don't have to sell anyone.

4 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

I'm going on DC saying if we don't go up we are screwed . He may decide to ease the pressure by cashing I  on an asset in January if things as as bad as he makes out.

Ok Profit and Sustainability is designed to get a club back on even keel. We were allowed to recruit once we satisfied them. It would be unthinkable if they had not discussed future income streams and outgoings. It would seem likely we agreed a plan covering expenditure with them to get embargo lifted. if it was terrible we would not have been allowed to bring people in on loan. 

I think we may have said how many we are releasing at end of season and this maybe what DC was referring to. If you are losing several of top earners you may assume club will struggle but truth they are sat in treatment room. He may have wanted some sympathy or to get fans to rally to cause  who knows but it makes no sense to bob in and out of embargo each season. 

Wow, I simply can’t believe that so many on here are quite happy to let Fernando go. Best player at this club in 20 years. Jos’s misuse of him is brainwashing a load of fans into believing that he can’t be used as a team player. He needs the football on the floor, and a couple of footballers around him, and a proper finisher along side him. Not many complained when Hooper played along side him to hoover up his spilled shots .....he also needs a manager that can manage that Latin temperament. I pay to see entertainment and he scores very highly on that front.  Not replaceable in this league.

I'm off to bed.

1 hour ago, Stan Dupowls said:

Wow, I simply can’t believe that so many on here are quite happy to let Fernando go. Best player at this club in 20 years. Jos’s misuse of him is brainwashing a load of fans into believing that he can’t be used as a team player. He needs the football on the floor, and a couple of footballers around him, and a proper finisher along side him. Not many complained when Hooper played along side him to hoover up his spilled shots .....he also needs a manager that can manage that Latin temperament. I pay to see entertainment and he scores very highly on that front.  Not replaceable in this league.

I'm off to bed.

Agreed and good post, made me laugh lol 

23 hours ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Haven't you heard that we were under an embargo and are likely heading for more P&S trouble next season?

Without generating some decent income from player sales, it seems we've no hope of avoiding further sanctions.

We can either sell in January when clubs are more willing to pay a premium, or take our chances and wait until the summer.

So what will we do with the money from the sale of players? Buy more players? Won’t that put us back in this position anyway? If you’re going to challenge wouldn’t it make sense to keep your better players, do better players cost more? Of course they do

20 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

So what will we do with the money from the sale of players? Buy more players? Won’t that put us back in this position anyway? If you’re going to challenge wouldn’t it make sense to keep your better players, do better players cost more? Of course they do

If we sold Reach for say £15m, then we'd probably need to buy a replacement, yes. Given the P&S rules we're operating under, it would be a bit foolish to spend £15m on that replacement rather than spending a fraction of it and using the rest to balance the books, though. Selling someone for a big fee is our most likely way out of the position we're in.

As I said, we can take our chances and gamble on getting promoted this season, but should we fail, we'll struggle to bring in the same kind of fee which might be on offer in January, when Premier League clubs look to spend their way out of trouble and Championship clubs look for that one key signing to cement their promotion.

3 hours ago, pgmetcalf said:

WHEN we have to sell it won't be to buy new players. It'll be to balance the books and stop us getting a 12 point deduction. 

11 hours ago, Stan Dupowls said:

I'm off to bed.

So the club should be built around one player then? Seems like a sensible idea.