If We Have To Sell In January . Reach Or Fessi ?

Guest Kagoshimaowl

Reach wouldn’t be getting the attention he is without the wonder goals, which have of course been fantastic.  His touch can still be poor at times and he’s crap at tackling.  I like Reach and he has improved massively since his first season with us but talent wise, he isn’t a patch on Forestieri.  

Dont want to lose either though...

9 hours ago, clampyowl said:

yes reach is flavour of the month at the minute, but oh my god him staying over ff is absolutely ridiculous, form is temporary class is permanent, its taken 3 years for reach to put a few performances together, granted his goals have been supurb, aa was his overall game against west brom, but wow we've had to wait for it 

You not a fan then eh,one section of the owls supporter groups voted him their player of the season last season,so that kind of flies in your "its taken 3 years for reach to put a few performances together".

6 hours ago, Kagoshimaowl said:

Reach wouldn’t be getting the attention he is without the wonder goals, which have of course been fantastic.  His touch can still be poor at times and he’s crap at tackling.  I like Reach and he has improved massively since his first season with us but talent wise, he isn’t a patch on Forestieri.  

Dont want to lose either though...

Playing Reach at RM is a compromise.

Yes it allows him to cut in onto his powerful wand of a left foot, but we aren’t making use of the pace and crossing we get when he plays LW or LWB.

Im not a fan of playing him RM, but I’m coming round to it’s effectiveness for the team. 

3 minutes ago, pgmetcalf said:

Why would we have to sell?

Haven't you heard that we were under an embargo and are likely heading for more P&S trouble next season?

Without generating some decent income from player sales, it seems we've no hope of avoiding further sanctions.

We can either sell in January when clubs are more willing to pay a premium, or take our chances and wait until the summer.

9 hours ago, Shetland Owl said:

Westwood, Abdi, Jones and Fox before FF or Reach

We can't give those 4 away unfortunately, due to injuries, lack of talent, age and ridiculous wages. They will be on the books until their contracts expire and the players and club all know it. Fox Jones and abdi were disgusting acquisitions

Come January and if we are not in the mix for playoffs, can see the club selling both if needed to balance the books, this may come as a shock but if we are truly deep in the doodar, Bannan might be off as well. 

Or a mixture of the 3.

Winnall and Westwood may also go,

both would give us more revenue to play with Winnall for profit, Westwood to get off our wage bill.

Edited by daleblue

5 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Reported by Nixon that Burnley are on the look out for a  winger (a good one)..  surely Reach is gonna be top target for a club like them.. right age, English, can score goals,

playing in a kinda winger role, has pace..  wouldn't be at all surprised.

Burnley would pay the sort of money we would command for him. They will raid Brentford for players who always sale at around the 10 million mark.

12 minutes ago, Doctor Duran said:

Reported by Nixon that Burnley are on the look out for a  winger (a good one)..  surely Reach is gonna be top target for a club like them.. right age, English, can score goals,

playing in a kinda winger role, has pace..  wouldn't be at all surprised.

I don't want Reach to leave, but failing to generate any income from player sales has contributed massively to our current predicament.

If a Premier League club are interested and offer a generous fee, then we simply have to strike while the iron's hot and maximise our profit on him while his stock is high.

If he does leave to further his career and we get out of a financial hole in the process, then he'll leave with my best wishes.

It'd be nice if he could fire us to promotion instead, though.

:duntmatter: