If We Have To Sell In January . Reach Or Fessi ?

10 minutes ago, 2soon said:

Reach in theory should be easier to replace, command a higher fee and free up a place for someone to bring a better balance to our midfield.

You won’t replace a hard working left footed player who can play in 2/3 positions and score goals for any kind of money Wednesday have got.

plus he’s not really playing in midfield at the moment- he’s in a 3 behind a striker.

Edited by ka58

17 minutes ago, 2soon said:

Reach in theory should be easier to replace, command a higher fee and free up a place for someone to bring a better balance to our midfield.

who or what do you think  is needed to bring a better balance to the midfield ?......

Just now, Holmowl said:

Who would Jos want to keep?

Reach

1078 minutes this season. 

4595 minutes last season.

FF

616 minutes this season.

627 minutes last season.

I think he'd want to keep reach but i'd back FF  to score more goals than reach and goals win matches . ...it's tricky one thats why whoever fetches the most money would swing it for me 

4 minutes ago, torryowl said:

I think he'd want to keep reach but i'd back FF  to score more goals than reach and goals win matches . ...it's tricky one thats why whoever fetches the most money would swing it for me 

I think he would prefer to keep Reach too. It’s clear discipline and application are massive to Jos. Even today’s comment about Lucas must work hard in training after scoring a brace!

If we get offers of crazy money for both then I would seriously hope the club take it.

That money along with the out of contract players will put us on a seriously good footing and may even help us avoid and further problems with FFP. Hopefully the club will learn from this and move forward with it's new transfer policy and we avoid wasting money like we have.

Or we gamble on keeping them and pushing for promotion, should that fail we are fizzed financially and teams will know that so will come in with derisory bids for key players knowing we need money and we will lose key players for pennies.

I know what is the best one for the club and it means us taking a step back to move forward with a big big lesson learnt.

Penney, Thorniley, Dawson, Lees, Bannan, Nuhiu, Westwood, Reach, FF, Baker, Wildsmith, Winnall, Joao, Matias, Palmer, Joey could all have one or two interested party and to a man, based on what they cost, would make the club a tidy profit if sold.

Rhodes wouldnt fetch what we paid for him, neither Abdi, but cant think of many more... Jones i suppose, pudil but he has done well for us for what weve paid. 

oh and someone on last page said accept £7m for FF.... no chance based on what Madine cost Cardiff.

Edited by GY-owl.4

Wouldn't be fussed at all to see Forestieri go. Winnall and hopefully Hooper to come back.

He can be trouble and January sales are usually reserved for players that can push top of the league teams over the promotion line. It means you can charge a premium.

Reach is a good player but can't see anyone like a West Brom thinking he's the final piece of the puzzle over half a season.

Build the team around Reach.

2 hours ago, ka58 said:

You won’t replace a hard working left footed player who can play in 2/3 positions and score goals for any kind of money Wednesday have got.

plus he’s not really playing in midfield at the moment- he’s in a 3 behind a striker.

Sure and we won’t replace FF either.

Given a choice Reach would be easier to replace, obv not like for like but maybe with someone who brings something we are missing.

We have quite a few players that can play behind the striker and at left back now so in theory we would just need to replace his availability in midfield.

Bannan is more than capable of playing as a hard working midfielder in the left of a three and did so very well for a few season.

2 hours ago, torryowl said:

who or what do you think  is needed to bring a better balance to the midfield ?......

I think we are missing size, strength and aggression.

At the moment we are doing well so I don’t see the need to change anything or anyone, however the op gave a choice between two.

In my opinion Reach might fetch more if he's in the same form as he has been for the last few games. Decent age, English, can still improve. Seems to be a level headed lad, could see him captaining a side at some point. Could see a Burnley or a club in a similar position taking a chance on him.

4 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

It's rumoured we have already turned down 9 million for Reach last season. So I would dread to think what someone would have to pay now.

My guess a lot more than they would for Forestieri.

If we get offers of 15m+ for both then you would seriously hope the club will snatch whoever's hands off.

That would be 30m+ to appease FFP and start the rebuild.

3 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

If we get offers of 15m+ for both then you would seriously hope the club will snatch whoever's hands off.

That would be 30m+ to appease FFP and start the rebuild.

Maybe. depends just how much in trouble we really are.

Think we would take 10 million for Forestieri all day long. but just say Reach is not for sale at any any price. they maybe be swayed if anyone offered around the 25 million mark.