If We Have To Sell In January . Reach Or Fessi ?

I would say sell FF every time, we have a good number of strikers to choose from plus Winnal and Hooper to come back from injury. Reach is versatile and just starting to attract attention due to his recent goals. If he keeps up this form one wonders what his value might go up to by the end of the season - should we still need to sell.

In addition we might be able to off load some of the big earners, bench warmers who have contributed so little. I would hope that our chairman has learnt from his mistakes next time we are in a position to buy in a bid for promotion and buy younger hungry players.

Guest Kagoshimaowl
3 hours ago, Holmowl said:

Playing Reach at RM is a compromise.

Yes it allows him to cut in onto his powerful wand of a left foot, but we aren’t making use of the pace and crossing we get when he plays LW or LWB.

Im not a fan of playing him RM, but I’m coming round to it’s effectiveness for the team. 

Me too buddy. At least the emergence of Penney gives us the option. We had no options before this.

Reach is not fit to lace FFs boots a couple of wonder goals doesn't do it for me sorry.

I would get rid of the usual suspects not Winnall yet maybe in the summer also I would sell big Dave as soon as possible. Back to normal after his cameo stuff at the end of last season.

14 hours ago, clampyowl said:

yes reach is flavour of the month at the minute, but oh my god him staying over ff is absolutely ridiculous, form is temporary class is permanent, its taken 3 years for reach to put a few performances together, granted his goals have been supurb, aa was his overall game against west brom, but wow we've had to wait for it 

Tbh if either of them end up playing in the prem for a long time, I doubt it will be FF. If class is permanent then Hooper is the best player at the club. But it's not, times change and players evolve. Reach is the stand out player of the two when the cameras are on, and defo the one that will be attracting interest now. They play different roles and to play FFs role in the prem, you better be very very good. So if we were to go up, imo Reach has more longevity. 

Edited by dontCallMeOwlCallYou

I think Bannan is the one we have to be worried about losing, a new contract only increases his value and if he carries on the way he is and were not in and around the play offs come Jan then expect at least teams up there to be enquiring.

A player like Bannan in Lxxds, Boro's, Forest's or even WBAs side could potentially be the difference between a top 6 and an automatic place

52 minutes ago, dontCallMeOwlCallYou said:

Tbh if either of them end up playing in the prem for a long time, I doubt it will be FF. If class is permanent then Hooper is the best player at the club. But it's not, times change and players evolve. Reach is the stand out player of the two when the cameras are on, and defo the one that will be attracting interest now. They play different roles and to play FFs role in the prem, you better be very very good. So if we were to go up, imo Reach has more longevity. 

Fair point that pal, i hope reach does keep improving at the rate he is at the minute, ive not been a fan of his in the past, but this season especially, its like watching a different player, last season his work rate and attitude made him stand out, but this season he has added so much more to that, long may in continue 

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Westwood and/or Fletcher if we need to sell more than one.

I'd rather keep FF and Reach.

Both over 30, wouldn't get more than 2m for them combined (Westwood has 6 months left on contract so can talk to other clubs and agree a deal for a free), so if we have to sell it prob wont be these two without selling one of the others also. 

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If we are sailing close to the wind, and an asset has to be sold in the next window , who would you sell ? 

Seeing as Bannan has signed a new contract ,so wont be going anywhere, it leaves Reach and Fessi as the two with the highest value. 

Who would you rather keep ? 

Personally , i think Reach is more valuable to us on the pitch .

We’d get more for Reach

16 hours ago, S36 OWL said:

If we are sailing close to the wind, and an asset has to be sold in the next window , who would you sell ? 

Seeing as Bannan has signed a new contract ,so wont be going anywhere, it leaves Reach and Fessi as the two with the highest value. 

Who would you rather keep ? 

Personally , i think Reach is more valuable to us on the pitch .

Why do you assume because Bannan signed a contract he isn't going anywhere ? All the contract means is Wednesday will receive a better fee .

40 minutes ago, Daizan10 said:

Both over 30, wouldn't get more than 2m for them combined (Westwood has 6 months left on contract so can talk to other clubs and agree a deal for a free), so if we have to sell it prob wont be these two without selling one of the others also. 

But I bet in the overall picture, they're among the top earners on the wage list too... offloading them should help in addition to whatever fee we can get now.

4 hours ago, Eastern said:

Westwood, Jones, Boyd, Abdi all free transfers.

How much would we save on wages?

Westwood is the only real possible from that list. The others will go in the summer when their contracts are up. It would be a miracle if anyone took them earlier.

We probably need £5-10m minimum from somewhere to get out of the mire. Players leaving on frees will get us nowhere near, logically one of Bannan, Reach or Forestieri will have to go I think.

1 hour ago, N0rtherner said:

But I bet in the overall picture, they're among the top earners on the wage list too... offloading them should help in addition to whatever fee we can get now.

Yeah, getting rid of them is a must, but on its own it wont solve our problem. We need to sell a big value target or go up. If we go up we will have seriously got away with some very poor management by DC!