If We Have To Sell In January . Reach Or Fessi ?

8 hours ago, Hirstys_12th_Pint said:

If Reach was to move onto a Premier League team and kick on do we think he would have the ability to become a regular and get in the England squad?? 

Not that you have to be a regular to get in the England squad. 

Ive been saying this for two years. Yes and yes.

But he would be LW. Not where we play him. He would walk into some Prem teams tomorrow.

• Haha 1

On 10/10/2018 at 06:30, Holmowl said:

Very interesting point.

Forestieri has started five games. W0. D3. L2

He has come on as sub in four. W4. D0. L0

He has missed three. W1. D1. L1

You could draw very different conclusions from that. You could argue that he shouldn’t start, and that instead he should be used as a very successful sub.

Or, you could argue that there is a glaringly obvious (much more important) other factor involved, which pours nonsense on your FF supersub/better when he doesn't start theory

Fixed it for you:

zzzzz.JPG

Edited by zzmdu

4 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Fixed it for you:

zzzzz.JPG

Flippin ‘eck that’s impressive.

So are you saying that if FF had started in those 4 wins, we would have won by even bigger margins?

And that if he hadn’t started in those five games we would have got even worse than LDLDD?

Because if not, Jos must have got it right. 

1 minute ago, Holmowl said:

Flippin ‘eck that’s impressive.

So are you saying that if FF had started in those 4 wins, we would have won by even bigger margins?

And that if he hadn’t started in those five games we would have got even worse than LDLDD?

Because if not, Jos must have got it right. 

You've seen a set of 4 results and attributed  it to one minor factor.

You've ignored a blatantly obvious major factor.

If you worked/or had knowledge in stats, you wouldn't make this simple cause v correlation error so often.

14 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

You've seen a set of 4 results and attributed  it to one minor factor.

You've ignored a blatantly obvious major factor.

If you worked/or had knowledge in stats, you wouldn't make this simple cause v correlation error so often.

Help me out then.

In your opinion....

If FF had started would we have done better than WWWW?

In your opinion...

If FF hadn’t started would we have done worse than LDLDD?

and therefore, in your opinion...

Is Jos starting FF too often, not often enough or has he got it right?

Just now, Holmowl said:

Help me out then.

In your opinion....

If FF had started would we have done better than WWWW?

In your opinion...

If FF hadn’t started would we have done worse than LDLDD?

and therefore, in your opinion...

Is Jos starting FF too often, not often enough or has he got it right?

It's difficult to discuss this with you because you clearly have no knowledge of statistics. You can't look at FOUR games when he came on as sub, particularly as there was a MUCH more imporatnt other factor involved.

You can't  totally isolate the affect of FF starting/subbed on/no appearances on the teams results. However if you want to I would look at much more games, erradicating factors such as the strength of the opposition. Its not perfect but its most robust than your 4 game runs.

Here it is for you: No carefully chosen periods. This indicates SWFC are better when FF starts.

aaCapture.JPG

• Thanks 2

Just now, SiJ said:

I'd rather not sell either tbh.

I do believe that Reach would command a higher fee now though.

He's 25 and English.

Realistically, Nando has one last big move in him.

Both top players. 

2 of the 1st  batch of names on the teamsheet for me.

Not as confident, as others, that Reach will make a regular Premier League player, not sure if he's strong, quick or nasty enough.

5 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

It's difficult to discuss this with you because you clearly have no knowledge of statistics. You can't look at FOUR games when he came on as sub, particularly as there was a MUCH more imporatnt other factor involved.

You can't  totally isolate the affect of FF starting/subbed on/no appearances on the teams results. However if you want to I would look at much more games, erradicating factors such as the strength of the opposition. Its not perfect but its most robust than your 4 game runs.

Here it is for you: No carefully chosen periods. This indicates SWFC are better when FF starts.

aaCapture.JPG

To be fair I included EVERY game he played over the last two years earlier in this thread.

If you are Mr Statman I’m sure you agree this is a very fair sample size.

Do YOU think that dipping back into 15/16 gives a fair indication of current form or worth?

7 minutes ago, Holmowl said:

To be fair I included EVERY game he played over the last two years earlier in this thread.

If you are Mr Statman I’m sure you agree this is a very fair sample size.

Do YOU think that dipping back into 15/16 gives a fair indication of current form or worth?

Oh good, you've moved on from the topic and asked a completely different question.

To answer IMO, FF value was probably highest during season 16/17 at 26 years , but DC wouldn't have sold. 

Now 2-3 years later and after a serious injury, his value will have decreased from its peak. Still would command the biggest transfers fee IMO, Bannans, Reachs and Joao's might be close.

We might find out in January, hope not!

Edited by zzmdu

20 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Oh good, you've moved on from the topic and asked a completely different question.

To answer IMO, FF value was probably highest during season 16/17 at 26 years , but DC wouldn't have sold. 

Now 2-3 years later and after a serious injury, his value will have decreased from its peak. Still would command the biggest transfers fee IMO, Bannans, Reachs and Joao's might be close.

We might find out in January, hope not!

Not sure he would fetch more than Reach, FF great player when he wants to be but comes with a lot of baggage and age is starting to go against his value.

If Joao can keep up his scoring record over the last 20 games I think we will get some very good offers in for him come January.