Worrying times as Kieran Lee's return cut short today

Carlos brought him back too early after last hip operation - simple as that - He did this because he is a selfish man who would rather gamble a blokes career to save his own skin - unlike Jos who would play the kids and show belief in them or drop FF because he knows he’s going to be banned - Carlis ruined everything ... the best shot we’ve had on 20 years ... the displays against Huddersfield, especially the first leg were pathetic tactics - I’m not sure on Jos but he seems to have the clubs benefit before his unlike CC - I don’t know about the rest of you but these kids - Penney, Thorniley, Baker seem to have come out of the blue thanks to Jos and not to mention the keepers - Thorniley is so much better a player than 3 million or whatever Van Aken cost so why didn’t CC play him - he’s wasted and crippled half our team - what a fraud that bloke was 

34 minutes ago, Dot said:

As a so called Sheffield Wednesday fan you are absolute poison, you really  are

Poison ? Fair point I’d say 

• Like 2

After as long out as he's had you'd think that it's probably going to be a very long road back.

Bound to have a few setbacks given how there's no way of knowing how his body will hold up.

Hopefully nothing to worry about and the lad deserves a bit of luck it seems.

34 minutes ago, Watson said:

Would manager in this day and age be able to overrule his medical team if they said a player wasn't fit to play?

You'd hope the medical team and manager would have a good working relationship and that wouldn't happen

But there is nothing to stop it - as long as its not a medical issue

The player himself has the ultimate say on whether he can play or not in reality

Hopefully its just a setback and nothing major,hes had a long lay off and his body will take time to adjust to retraining as an athlete,hes a pivotal part of the side for me and weve missed him bigtime.Hed be a massive boost to the team and fans,very popular player here.

Shame sean clare didnt see his future here because in the little I saw of him,he reminded me very much of a young KL,that kid could have had a decent future here.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Watson said:

Would manager in this day and age be able to overrule his medical team if they said a player wasn't fit to play?

Wasn’t exactly this happening suggested by a former member of the medical team on twitter last season when Carlos left though? So the likelihood is, that’s what was happening. Hutch and Lees have all but confirmed it since too. 

Forest at Hillsborough around this time last season, he’d been out most of Pre Season iirc, and he started out of nowhere playing 75minutes. Then 90 on the Tuesday and another 75 on the following Saturday. He somehow lasted until early December before breaking down again and being where he is now. No under 23s games or anything, no one had even the slightest inkling he’d even be on the bench until the morning of that Forest game iirc.

As far as today goes hopefully he’s just felt something. Like Matias, Van Aken and a few others did when coming back. The idea of it being planned seems far fetched as he’ll have surely had to have played/trained at a higher intensity for longer than 15minutes before even being considered for this game. So it’s hardly like they would’ve expected 15minutes of a game to stun him into exhaustion. 

I do fear he’s slipping down the Chris Cohen route of coming back only break down straight away though.

• Thanks 1

If the worst happens and his career playing is done I hope that we can help and encourage him into coaching. He reads the game so well that surely he would be a valuable addition to the coaching staff in the long term?

35 minutes ago, dazaston said:

I think he took a knock as he was holding & stretching his knee for about 5 minutes before he came off.He had a bit of a limp but was still mobile.Probably got took off as a precaution.

Let's hope it's just a knee bang (is that the medical term) and not the dreaded hip...

11 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Let's hope it's just a knee bang (is that the medical term) and not the dreaded hip...

It didn't look like his hip to me.He seemed to stretch the knee a few times & was asked if he was ok & he gave a thumbs up.Then signalled after about another 5 minutes to come off.

• Thanks 1

KL and GH started with a view to coming off its really showing that nobody wanted to risk them as substitutes. Bringing 2 players on likely to need protecting is suicide as subbing subs is daft and there's a real possibility if going down to 10 or 9 men. I can totally understand starting them with the view of only playing a few mins. Makes sense with players in KL and GH situation. Anyone who went could they report how Hooper looked.

7 hours ago, Dot said:

As a so called Sheffield Wednesday fan you are absolute poison, you really  are

lol  Really ?  For making a perfectly good point ? And wishing the player well.
Asking a valid question isn't " poison "   Poison is getting all personal on a thread that was being discussed in a good manner.

The only people that know are those directly involved themselves, all people are doing is hoping that one day, the injury that Lee sadly had
will be made public as to why it became so severe. You don't know, I don't know, no one knows.

UTO

16 minutes ago, hirstys_achilles said:

KL and GH started with a view to coming off its really showing that nobody wanted to risk them as substitutes. Bringing 2 players on likely to need protecting is suicide as subbing subs is daft and there's a real possibility if going down to 10 or 9 men. I can totally understand starting them with the view of only playing a few mins. Makes sense with players in KL and GH situation. Anyone who went could they report how Hooper looked.

Sorry mate but with a name like that you need to stay out of any injury related threads before you jinx us! lol

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Sheffield Wednesday's medical team are set to assess Kieran Lee after the midfielder's eagerly anticipated comeback was cut short.

Read more at: https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-face-anxious-wait-over-kieran-lee-1-9342807

Well, in all fairness, they said he just look fatigued more than injured and wouldn't want to risk anything... fatigue is easier to get over, let's see him next match if he can last 45 minutes then..

5 minutes ago, N0rtherner said:

Well, in all fairness, they said he just look fatigued more than injured and wouldn't want to risk anything... fatigue is easier to get over, let's see him next match if he can last 45 minutes then..

No way would a player of K Lee's fitness be fatigued after just 15 minutes of activity.