Worrying times as Kieran Lee's return cut short today

Just now, @owlstalk said:

Clearly not correct 

Easy to see where the confusion has come from though.

Numerous tweets knocking about from journos/reporters who were at the game claiming that it was indeed the plan.

Neil Thompson makes no reference to it in his post match comments though, which tells you everything you need to know IMO.

Development squad manager Neil Thompson told The Star: "The senior players did terrific. Kieran Lee unfortunately went off. 

I'm not one for harping on about Carvalhal but I could bloody slap him (and "his" medical team) for what he did to our Kieran by playing him way of ahead of what he should have done following his previous hip operation. You know that KL is going to give you 100% effort* even if he is only 75% fit* and still be better than some of our options in midfield, but making him do that has left him 95% broken*.   

CC - you're a right tvvat for doing that to him.

* all quoted figures have been derived through rigorous scientific measures i.e. me watching football matches.

Edited by Owl At Risk
  • Haha 7

unless it's a non connected tweak of something else which is very possible after such a long time out 

I can only repeat what I heard last year  that it's serious and we would be lucky to see him play again 

I'm not a physio or surgeon haven't a scooby what's wrong but  this has to look black

1 hour ago, Miffed said:

It says in another thread that it was always the intention to only play him for 15 mins

The star says so too, but people there said he did struggle. So sounds like it was a test and it didn't go too great. I do believe the intention was to bring him off either way to see if any thing flairs but apparently, he's struggle was visible for all too see.