Worrying times as Kieran Lee's return cut short today

8 minutes ago, handworth52 said:

I know your a massive fan of carlos  and I blame him mostly for our club full of players sat on there arses picking up 25-30k a week which is dragging us back big time , regards k lee I spoke to someone it was not the clubs medical staff but the man I spoke to clearly knew what was going on with Kieran I will leave it at that , I got all the information I needed ,it was a gamble what didn't pay off . and I can assure  you that this wasn't made up rubbish . 

I like Carlos. He got us in the playoffs twice after years of tripe. Those who hate Carlos can’t have sat through the tripe I did. 

Re Lee, I’ve no idea. But I do know a few players, and one thing I can guarantee is that they don’t do anything they don’t want to. 

3 minutes ago, vulva said:

I like Carlos. He got us in the playoffs twice after years of tripe. Those who hate Carlos can’t have sat through the tripe I did. 

Re Lee, I’ve no idea. But I do know a few players, and one thing I can guarantee is that they don’t do anything they don’t want to. 

way I see Carlos's time here as a once in a lifetime chance of going up and he blew it and left us in a massive financial hole . bit  like giving  someone  a credit card and buying anything available without properly checking what there buying ,how many games did carlos go and watch to see the players ? very very few . he watched loads of dvds etc but any quality manager has a proper scouting team and sometimes when possible goes to watch the players himself. most of Carlos's football bored the life out of me the season when we finished 4th was mostly dour , maybe 4-5 entertaining games at most out of the 23 home games that season ,constant sideways backwards football trying to bore the opposition it was sometimes like watching chess . give me 28 million worth of wages and all the millions he wasted and im sure I couldn't have recruited as badly as he did . the bannans,forestieri hunt Wallace hooper etc were not Carlos's signings . carlos signed all the dross and no end of loans some who hardly played ie urby, mcmanaman mcgeedy buckley the list is endless ,only adam reach can be classed as a successful signing by carlos . and the tactics in our playoff semi against Huddersfield were a disgrace .we will never agree on this one. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, owlZfan84 said:

https://www.thestar.co.uk/sport/football/sheffield-wednesday/sheffield-wednesday-kieran-lee-may-face-another-spell-on-the-sidelines-1-9346468

It's not his hip. It's his knee.

The Star not really giving us much of an update, but the fact it's not the hip has to be 'good' news.

I guess so. Piecing the little bits of info together, rumours of "never feeling better", full training, then Jos saying Lee was further away than Hooper after a setback, strapped up knee in the u23's.... seems to point to the knee causing the delay in coming back.

Hopefully not a big problem and just a niggle from over compensating or extra work to strengthen the hip etc.

Rather miss him a few more weeks if he comes back fully fit

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

way I see Carlos's time here as a once in a lifetime chance of going up and he blew it and left us in a massive financial hole . bit  like giving  someone  a credit card and buying anything available without properly checking what there buying ,how many games did carlos go and watch to see the players ? very very few . he watched loads of dvds etc but any quality manager has a proper scouting team and sometimes when possible goes to watch the players himself. most of Carlos's football bored the life out of me the season when we finished 4th was mostly dour , maybe 4-5 entertaining games at most out of the 23 home games that season ,constant sideways backwards football trying to bore the opposition it was sometimes like watching chess . give me 28 million worth of wages and all the millions he wasted and im sure I couldn't have recruited as badly as he did . the bannans,forestieri hunt Wallace hooper etc were not Carlos's signings . carlos signed all the dross and no end of loans some who hardly played ie urby, mcmanaman mcgeedy buckley the list is endless ,only adam reach can be classed as a successful signing by carlos . and the tactics in our playoff semi against Huddersfield were a disgrace .we will never agree on this one. 

I don't know how many games carlos watched..........how many was it ?...………… how can you possibly know he just watched video's ?..... carlos was the head coach so I doubt he would have the authority to set up a scouting network as you'd think that would be down to chansiri and he seemed to prefer the use of a committee to find carlos  the players ...as for the financial side, that had nothing to do with carlos .you cant possibly be naïve enough to believe chansiri  and his advisors would let the head coach negotiate transfer fees and contracts …

Carlos picked the players but with the sole intention of signing back up players. His first 11 was the one he had first season and signings after that , with the possible exception of Reach were signed as backup.

We paid mega bucks for reserves and we are counting the cost.

Chanseri went along with it and takes some of the responsibility but the major blame rests with Carlos. Chanseri was naive, Carlos should have known better.

Back to subject matter in hand rather than playing Carlos Cluedo, it's positive if anything this is his knee and as others have suggested players do get niggles on way back from lengthy spells out.

It's a real shame we won't have him or FF for arguably our toughest run of fixtures this side of Xmas but Jos seems to be able to maximise the squad and Hoops may play a part so here's hoping!

I think the people seem to forget is the circumstances relating to CC reign.  If a player has a knock, but is a first teamer, you've got a massive game to get into into reach of the Premier League, the game is literally worth tens of millions.  You take a punt.  Even the player might say, give me a go boss. I'm OK.  It's only because it didn't go our way that people keep banging on about it.  

If we had been in the Premier League and spent millions on new players and Lee was a reserve, no one would be even talking about him.  It would be all,  "yeah the lad's had some bad luck, etc. but we've got better now" 

I'm sure Big Ron, Alex Ferguson, etc. all took punts on injured players for big games at some point in their careers. 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, torryowl said:

I don't know how many games carlos watched..........how many was it ?...………… how can you possibly know he just watched video's ?..... carlos was the head coach so I doubt he would have the authority to set up a scouting network as you'd think that would be down to chansiri and he seemed to prefer the use of a committee to find carlos  the players ...as for the financial side, that had nothing to do with carlos .you cant possibly be naïve enough to believe chansiri  and his advisors would let the head coach negotiate transfer fees and contracts …

No of cause not carlos didnt have anything to do with the money side .but chansiri trusted his judgement on the players carlos wanted its that what got us into this mess what will take 2-3 years to sweep up.

9 hours ago, vulva said:

If Stu Gray had those same players, clicking at the exact same time as they did, he'd have gone to the playoffs too.

2 hours ago, handworth52 said:

No of cause not carlos didnt have anything to do with the money side .but chansiri trusted his judgement on the players carlos wanted its that what got us into this mess what will take 2-3 years to sweep up.

well if that's the case then your vitriol should be directed at chansiri ….if a player is crap and keeps getting played that's down to the manager so it must follow that if a manager is crap and keeps his job then that's down to the owner who employs him . …..there's only one man who's responsible for the position we find ourselves in and it aint carlos .

On 10/09/2018 at 17:42, sheffield_dave said:

If you plan on giving a player only 15 minutes you don’t start him. No manager plans for first half substitutions. 

Dont know where that rumour has come from but what nonsense. 

I disagree with that. 

You can judge a game easier at the start. 

If he waited to come on for last 15, the game could be over with no tempo, or they could be getting beat chasing the game running round like headless chickens. Didn’t he come off around time we scored ? 

Which might indicate it being planned, as the tempo of the game would change with us being ahead and the other team upping their tempo 

6 minutes ago, Rentaghost said:

I disagree with that. 

You can judge a game easier at the start. 

If he waited to come on for last 15, the game could be over with no tempo, or they could be getting beat chasing the game running round like headless chickens. Didn’t he come off around time we scored ? 

Which might indicate it being planned, as the tempo of the game would change with us being ahead and the other team upping their tempo 

we scored after 2 minutes and Colchester wernt capable of upping the tempo …..I don't know if the plan was for just 15 minutes but just before he came off he went across to the bench and said summat and he came off a minute later …..he was certainly carrying some sort of injury when he came off and went straight down the tunnel for I guess some sort of assessment .