Does this mean Westwood is back to number 1?

Is there something in KWs contract that's putting DC off?

Seasons played in bonus?   Play XX games bonus??   Pay increase on XX games? (This could be impossible for DC under P&S)

For whatever reason it's obvious that Jos's been told that he can't be included.

• Haha 1

Just now, GoldGigsChris said:

Is there something in KWs contract that's putting DC off?

Seasons played in bonus?   Play XX games bonus??   Pay increase on XX games? (This could be impossible for DC under P&S)

For whatever reason it's obvious that Jos's been told that he can't be included.

Jos said in press conference he could play him if he wanted to.

I for one agree with jos here.

We have two young goalkeepers who are developing well and are fighting for the number 1 slot for the next few years. 

Westwood has been class but circumstances and injury have led the club to believe he’s leaving. As he hasn’t this shouldn’t alter the plans we have in place.

Dawson and Wildsmith for me and hopefully Westwood can go out on loan. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ian said:

Yo have to laugh a the football manager thinking of some on here....."send him out on loan"......it's not a one way street.....there has to be clubs wanting a young keeper on loan in order to be able to "send him out"

Another thing to consider is the medium to long term impact of making Westwood number 1 again......how long do you think Wildsmith and Dawson will put up with very little first team football.......what if they both decide their career's lay elsewhere as they want first team football and leave in say January.......Westwood picks up another injury in Feb and we are stuffed for the rest of the season whilst 2 young keepers go on to have stellar careers elsewhere

its such a contrast to the clamour to give Hirst game time over proven forwards that we had available 

So you don’t play Westwood because it may upset the other 2 ? have you considered the fact that they may appreciate that they aren’t quite ready yet for week in first  team action and prefer to continue to learn from a far superior in experience keeper in KW .

17 minutes ago, Ian said:

How do you know he would have saved the second and not pushed out the third to Powell.....how do you know that he wouldn't have let in some of the other attempts on goal that Dawson saved?

the same as how I knew Jordan Rhodes would be an absolute waste of space and a financial disaster.  Look at a players attributes and strengths.

Westwood would have been out quicker to the second and spread himself, might have hit his head or his knee but am positive he would have saved it.  3rd - he either holds those or pushes them to the side.  If I had time would dig out videos showing both of these strengths but am sure you could find....:-)

41 minutes ago, Harrysgame said:

Is it a Jos decision though  why blame him when we do not know the details.

If Jos is the man of principal we are lead to believe he is then, I would expect him to step Up to the plate and challenge Chansiri.

There is something fundamentally wrong when your stopped from picking your best players, it's unforgivable when your complicit with it.

We don’t know what goes on behind closed doors BUT let me say,  @WestwoodKeiren has been an absolute flipping hero at S6 since his arrival, earned the club 15 points a season on his own, no ego, just love for the fans. By far best keeper we have  

Westwood’s response Appreciate that pal

40 minutes ago, dewsburyowl58 said:

So you don’t play Westwood because it may upset the other 2 ? have you considered the fact that they may appreciate that they aren’t quite ready yet for week in first  team action and prefer to continue to learn from a far superior in experience keeper in KW .

Plus it keeps Westwood on his toes, knowing that if he doesn't perform he isn't undroppable now that we know we've got another two capable keepers.

If fit, Westwood has to start, it's just common sense. As we keep saying on here he's one of the best keepers in the division when fit - and if the aim for the season is the outside chance of promotion, then if you've got one of the best keepers in the division you have to play him. He'll win us points on his own.

37 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

He also said he didn’t know if we were under an embargo. So I’d take anything he says with a pinch of salt. 

I'm sure he did know, but Chansiri was adamant there was a reason not to mention it, he was likely doing as he was told.

1 hour ago, DuttyTeabags said:

the same as how I knew Jordan Rhodes would be an absolute waste of space and a financial disaster.  Look at a players attributes and strengths.

Westwood would have been out quicker to the second and spread himself, might have hit his head or his knee but am positive he would have saved it.  3rd - he either holds those or pushes them to the side.  If I had time would dig out videos showing both of these strengths but am sure you could find....:-)

Why aren't you at least the Goalkeeping Coach in place of Weever?

2 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Interesting and in depth knowledge there Gordon.....can you tell me how Westwood would deal with tame effort from outside the area that is straight at him...let's say it's at the Kop end as well......and if you are struggling I'm sure you can find a video of what happened 

• Haha 1

Crazy situation this. From the press conference yesterday Jos said that he had made his decision regarding the keepers, so i fully expect Dawson to start. If Westwood is fit then he has to play and i'm fuming about this. I don't know the situation but it looks like the club are trying to force KW out. Why cut your nose off to spite your face? i really don't get it. It's going to be a long tough season. Most clubs in the championship are investing and improving and there are a lot of quality teams now. We are going backwards and if we don't play Westwood (for whatever reason) then that's a joke and something i cannot accept.

KW is quality and a class act. You play your best players end of, it's that simple for me.

2 hours ago, Blue and white said:

If Jos is the man of principal we are lead to believe he is then, I would expect him to step Up to the plate and challenge Chansiri.

There is something fundamentally wrong when your stopped from picking your best players, it's unforgivable when your complicit with it.

Don't get me wrong think Westwood should play, But could be told what to do or has no option due to some business resson. Can't see why any manager would not pick him if any choice.

Yes it’s all a bit weird You play your best players, and with a shaky back line, a keeper of Westwood’s ability and experience, would be invaluable

However, if we are planning for the future, then I can understand the decision to go with the younger keepers, not least because we could still get a decent fee for  Kieran There was no point though, in keeping him hanging around He’s too good to be third choice at Wednesday 

This is the mystery for me Why did we not sell him before the deadline? There must have been plenty of suitors out there, and we need to show the authorities that we are at least trying to get our house in order Yes, he can still go out on loan, and probably will, but not selling him now, will have cost us about £1-5m