Does this mean Westwood is back to number 1?

7 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Apologise and move on. Players want to play.

Jan might be v different but having KW have an excellent and injury free first half of season will only push his value up...

Dawson proved to me during the Wigan game that he's not quite ready. 

KW would have saved second goal and third he wouldn't have pushed out to Powell. 

Come on!!!

You haven’t got a clue Westwood would have done any different on those.

Short memory some folk... Westwood made some right howlers at start of last season, so let’s not write off the youngsters quite so quickly.

3 hours ago, Dutch McLovin said:

I for one agree with jos here.

We have two young goalkeepers who are developing well and are fighting for the number 1 slot for the next few years. 

Westwood has been class but circumstances and injury have led the club to believe he’s leaving. As he hasn’t this shouldn’t alter the plans we have in place.

Dawson and Wildsmith for me and hopefully Westwood can go out on loan. 

Even at the risk of it costing us games and points?

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Jos and the club are in a pickle now. Everything suggested KW was leaving and would not be part of our squad. Now it looks like he will be staying and is streets ahead of JW and CD. It would be madness not to have him back as number 1. 

Now that the transfer window has shut and as we are paying KW his wage, he should be playing.

Unless someone has agreed a loan to buy in Jan, it doesn't make sense to leave him out. But surely someone would have loaned him from us yesterday.

Surely a team plays it's best 11. Everyone has opinions on who are the best players. However, in this case there can be absolutely zero debating. Westwood is our best keeper. Now unless he's off on loan, or injured he should be starting. It's a complete no brainer. If Jos thinks different, then come out and state why he isn't playing, rather than making himself look a tool 

26 minutes ago, Pale Rider said:

Even at the risk of it costing us games and points?

I don’t think he makes that much difference. 

He was liable for a mistake before his injury and to be honest Dawson has looked solid. 

I get where your coming from but unlike DC I don’t expect promotion this year and believe now is the time to get them playing. This isn’t just the keepers by the way id have Thornley and Baker playing in the first team at the expense of van Aken and Palmer.

Any other club in our league would play your strongest formation you can with the best players you have available. When our manager is coming to press conferences not knowing if he is allow to play certain players then you know it is not the manager picking the team.

Mel Machin at Derby a few season back was a very hand on chairman with a lot of the fans saying he was picking the team. 

We need all hands to the pump and to not play Westwood on Saturday and every league game he is fit to play is purely stupidity, but signing Fletcher on a 4 year £30,000 a year deal is not overly smart either.lol

35 minutes ago, upperwinngardensowl said:

Westwood is a current international and the best, very best, keeper we have had in the time (from the early 70's), that I have been watching us.

If he is fit, he should play. 

Definitely up their with the best keepers we had such as Ola Tidman and Brad Jones WTF:

I think the feel good factor at keeping all our best players this transfer window will be slightly dampened if Westwood isn't no'1. That said Dawson or wildsmith could be our first choice for years to come.Whereas Westwood could go before end of August or January. We need a win Saturday and a Dawson blinder then we can move  on and debate/moan about something else 

Guest Willow Owl
1 hour ago, room0035 said:

Any other club in our league would play your strongest formation you can with the best players you have available. When our manager is coming to press conferences not knowing if he is allow to play certain players then you know it is not the manager picking the team.

Mel Machin at Derby a few season back was a very hand on chairman with a lot of the fans saying he was picking the team. 

We need all hands to the pump and to not play Westwood on Saturday and every league game he is fit to play is purely stupidity, but signing Fletcher on a 4 year £30,000 a year deal is not overly smart either.lol

That's just not true though. At yesterdays interview Jos said that Westwood is now behind both Dawson and Wildsmith in the pecking order, clear as day to me. Westwood was a fantastic keeper but the manager and the training staff are in a better position to judge than anybody on hear. He also said he could pick him if he wanted to. So why dont we back Dawson as our number 1 and stop trying to make up stories. 

Just a bit of an update on Westwood.  My mate has been down at Middlewood Road training ground all day as there has been some sort of training camp for kids.  Westwood has not been there training and the other 2 keepers were both there. He also got speaking to someone who works down there and Westwood hasn't been down for a while.  So expect Dawson will be the keeper tomorrow and Wildsmith will be on the bench.  For me, there has been a fall-out here or Westwood has been frozen out.

My mate says he also didn't see Forestieri down there but has seen all the other players.  Maybe he has missed him.  Hopefully, there isn't any issues there!

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Willow Owl said:

That's just not true though. At yesterdays interview Jos said that Westwood is now behind both Dawson and Wildsmith in the pecking order, clear as day to me. Westwood was a fantastic keeper but the manager and the training staff are in a better position to judge than anybody on hear. He also said he could pick him if he wanted to. So why dont we back Dawson as our number 1 and stop trying to make up stories. 

lollollollol Westwood is one of the best Keepers in the league some fans and here are clearly deluded. 

4 minutes ago, Bouncing Owl said:

Just a bit of an update on Westwood.  My mate has been down at Middlewood Road training ground all day as there has been some sort of training camp for kids.  Westwood has not been there training and the other 2 keepers were both there. He also got speaking to someone who works down there and Westwood hasn't been down for a while.  So expect Dawson will be the keeper tomorrow and Wildsmith will be on the bench.  For me, there has been a fall-out here or Westwood has been frozen out.

My mate says he also didn't see Forestieri down there but has seen all the other players.  Maybe he has missed him.  Hopefully, there isn't any issues there!

So we expect him to start tomorrow then. :duntmatter:

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So we expect him to start tomorrow then. :duntmatter:

Unfortunately not mate.  For me, Westwood is one of the top keepers in the league and quite frankly its a ridiculous situation we find ourselves in.  My mate is 100% reliable and he will not be available tomorrow.