Does this mean Westwood is back to number 1?

1 hour ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Jos and the club are in a pickle now. Everything suggested KW was leaving and would not be part of our squad. Now it looks like he will be staying and is streets ahead of JW and CD. It would be madness not to have him back as number 1. 

Apologise and move on. Players want to play.

Jan might be v different but having KW have an excellent and injury free first half of season will only push his value up...

Dawson proved to me during the Wigan game that he's not quite ready. 

KW would have saved second goal and third he wouldn't have pushed out to Powell. 

Absolute madness. KW is one of the best keepers we’ve ever had. This is no way a footballing decision, Jos isn’t that stupid. 

Send Wildsmith out on loan and get him playing every week.

Dawson can play in cup games and learn off Westwood as his number 2.

Just means no other club wanted him. Stuck on shelf with a few others pass sell by date.

This must indicate to some on here his performances last year were not near the standard in his first season when he was superb. Time waits for no man and you can not bse judgement on form more than 18 months ago.

1 minute ago, Quist said:

Just means no other club wanted him. Stuck on shelf with a few others pass sell by date.

This must indicate to some on here his performances last year were not near the standard in his first season when he was superb. Time waits for no man and you can not bse judgement on form more than 18 months ago.

Given likely playing through injury like, Lee and fessi, amongst others, not surprising not played that well at beginning of last season.

Another Clueless masterstroke.

Just now, Pinky said:

Given likely playing through injury like, Lee and fessi, amongst others, not surprising not played that well at beginning of last season.

Another Clueless masterstroke.

I accept that was probably accurate and remember him saying at end of previous season he had only been fully fit for a month round February. I looked at his ratings and they had slipped each season since his first and last year was rated less than effective. The other two keepers we had performed better in ratings with Dawson coming out top.

If he was performing marvellously in training I am certin would be in team I do not think he is otherwise would have been snapped up as lots of movement on goalkeeper front. Even Joe Hart who has been poor for a few years was transfered to Burnley. It is unusual for any player to rediscover excellent form at Westwoods age even goalkeepers.

Jos hasn’t said he’s dropped him. Just said the keepers know the situation. He could have said take it in turns. Or thought KW not 100% on first game. 

Does seem very strange if he’s not got the balls to just say he’s not in his plans. Also ridiculous might I add. 

I think it’s a case of his age and wage and not wanting to lose one of young ones that’s the future. Which ever one of young ens dropped they would leave. 

4 hours ago, DuttyTeabags said:

Apologise and move on. Players want to play.

Jan might be v different but having KW have an excellent and injury free first half of season will only push his value up...

Dawson proved to me during the Wigan game that he's not quite ready. 

KW would have saved second goal and third he wouldn't have pushed out to Powell. 

How do you know he would have saved the second and not pushed out the third to Powell.....how do you know that he wouldn't have let in some of the other attempts on goal that Dawson saved?

Yo have to laugh a the football manager thinking of some on here....."send him out on loan"......it's not a one way street.....there has to be clubs wanting a young keeper on loan in order to be able to "send him out"

Another thing to consider is the medium to long term impact of making Westwood number 1 again......how long do you think Wildsmith and Dawson will put up with very little first team football.......what if they both decide their career's lay elsewhere as they want first team football and leave in say January.......Westwood picks up another injury in Feb and we are stuffed for the rest of the season whilst 2 young keepers go on to have stellar careers elsewhere

its such a contrast to the clamour to give Hirst game time over proven forwards that we had available 

Edited by Ian
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Ian said:

Yo have to laugh a the football manager thinking of some on here....."send him out on loan"......it's not a one way street.....there has to be clubs wanting a young keeper on loan in order to be able to "send him out"

Another thing to consider is the medium to long term impact of making Westwood number 1 again......how long do you think Wildsmith and Dawson will put up with very little first team football.......what if they both decide their career's lay elsewhere as they want first team football and leave in say January.......Westwood picks up another injury in Feb and we are stuffed for the rest of the season whilst 2 young keepers go on to have stellar careers elsewhere

its such a contrast to the clamour to give Hirst game time over proven forwards that we had available 

If he was called Cameron Pressman it would be similar

6 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Up to now I've backed Jos but if he continues to leave Westwood out of the team of his on his own free will then you would have to ask the question, what sheet is he smoking .

Is it a Jos decision though  why blame him when we do not know the details.