Swansea want Forestieri

Sell FF and it’s very unlikely we will challenge for the play-offs. Keep him and we may well do?

I think we will in the long term have to go down a different route with regards to recruitment but I think Chansiri will dig his heels in and keep this squad together for one last crack at it before the inevitable squad overhaul?

6 hours ago, RichSheffWeds said:

This is the point. A fixation on one player is total madness.

What gets a team promoted isn’t one flair player but a motivated, hard working, organised team with a togetherness as a unit.

Cardiff and Huddersfield prove that. 

Give us £14m plus £2m if Swansea get promoted in next 2 years and we should sell.

Generally agree about the team thing, but by the same token it is that lack of real quality that has ultimately stopped Preston, Brentford and the blades from breaking into the top six recently. FF is a good team player and works his socks off, but when on form seems to score half chances.

We do have quality in other areas as demonstrated by finishing 4th in a season when he wasn’t fit. But now I’m not so sure how fit the others are. 

9 hours ago, matthefish2002 said:

Wouldnt be suprised if FF used any other clubs interest in him to try and squeeze more money out of Wednesday.

Don't think so. I think he knows he's getting as much as we could afford. Swansea could offer a lot more. 

This is HITC teport and article describes him as being out of favour. They may be looking for a striker but soon as realise cost will vanish quickly. They signed Asoro from Sunderland for 2 million which shows type of market fishing in.. O'Rourke retweets all of HITC tweets and generally gives faxtual information when event already been confirmed does little speculation except retweetsfor HITC. Was once well connected wihen worked for Sky but now rarely speculates.

This will go nowhere after other tripe sites have regugitated story.

He’s our best player. We’re a better side when he’s in it. We must keep him. 

I’m probably just biased here, but it wouldn’t really make sense for him to move. Unless they offer daft wages then it’s not really a huge career progression is it? 

Either way, he’s under contract here so they’ll have to spend daft money to get him. 

Its also a bit of a nothing article. 

Edited by bigdan2003

The article is rubbish,  but it's a good conversation to have.

I think the most likely scenario is that FF does what we know he can do up until January,  then he will be off in the window but hopefully not to a rival. 

He's a premier league standard  player at the end of the day , and we are lucky to have him. Not sure how replaceable he is either, but Jos will sort it. 

There is so much crap spouted in here about certain things, irreplaceable, won't get promoted without him etc etc. Yes ff, bannan and maybe 1 or 2 others are exceptionally good but none of the things mentioned above. Ff was promoted with Watford (as was abdi) but ff mostly came off the bench IIRC. Players are only irreplaceable if they are the best players in the world in their position, surprisingly (listening to some on here) we don't have any of those. Over the last 2 seasons I expect ff and bannan would have got into the vast majority of the promoted teams first 11's but miraculously they still fluked promotion without them!

i would be massively disappointed to lose either of our 2 stars but if the right offer (£18m+ for ff & £10m+ bb) I'd accept in the hope that JL could find players for much cheaper (probably abroad) that would make a more effective collective (and simultaneously help ffp).

8 minutes ago, Bannofan said:

The article is rubbish,  but it's a good conversation to have.

I think the most likely scenario is that FF does what we know he can do up until January,  then he will be off in the window but hopefully not to a rival. 

Been said numerous times while he's been here, still a Wednesday player tho isn't he, not worried about him leaving/being sold at all.

1 hour ago, Bluesteel said:

Generally agree about the team thing, but by the same token it is that lack of real quality that has ultimately stopped Preston, Brentford and the blades from breaking into the top six recently. FF is a good team player and works his socks off, but when on form seems to score half chances.

We do have quality in other areas as demonstrated by finishing 4th in a season when he wasn’t fit. But now I’m not so sure how fit the others are. 

You talk a lot of sense on here but I disagree about FF - his previous actions were not that of a team player. His antics pre Norwich were those of a selfish pr1cK IMO and was a disaster for the club and team spirit. 

He got got away with it because he has talent.

It was a huge mistake not to ship him out of the club there and then. 

The Club is always and will always be bigger than one individual.

If he’s changed his ways and wants to play for us then great but every player has a price. If we get a crazy offer we should sell. 

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

You talk a lot of sense on here but I disagree about FF - his previous actions were not that of a team player. His antics pre Norwich were those of a selfish pr1cK IMO and was a disaster for the club and team spirit. 

He got got away with it because he has talent.

It was a huge mistake not to ship him out of the club there and then. 

The Club is always and will always be bigger than one individual.

If he’s changed his ways and wants to play for us then great but every player has a price. If we get a crazy offer we should sell. 

Crikey, two years on, and still questions about his attitude. 

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, OxonOwl said:

I really don't think we could get a player as good as him to come and play for us at the moment. 

I think that is irreplaceable for all intents and purposes. 

Just been camping near "Seaworld"..............they did a special show for the "campers" one evening..........now that was for all in tents and porpoises.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

FF is a great player at this level but there is always a price where it becomes sensible to sell.  In this case it will be a very high price.

If it allows us to bring in quality players in the positions where we are weakest it could end up being beneficial overall. If Carlos was here I wouldn't want to give him money to strengthen the squad because he'd buy over aged crocks. With Jos in charge I hope he would buy sensibly and bring in quality younger players with resale value.

Overall I'd sell at the right price.