BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

So what you are saying is making future predictions based on what we know of the player and what we know of the market are forbidden on Owlstalk because it has rigorous standards akin to a scientific peer reviewed journal? 

You implied that the chairman's bad handling of the GH situation would go down in history at some point in the future as a catastrophic error that would cost us 80m quid based on him being sold at that point for that amount.

If you're right then this will go some way in beating your claim to being right re. Leon Clarke all along so many years and so many transfers down the line.

God knows how much he must be worth now in your world?

I'll write you a quote than you can copy and paste into the first thread next season   after "not beating someone we should have beaten" that refers to the amount spent on bad signings....

"DON'T FORGET THE 80 MILLION WE'VE LOST ON GEORGE HIRST EITHER!"

49 minutes ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Well I guess he should be angry at 95% of the fanbase too then because we all think Mr C did the right thing and we’ll all be vindicated in 2 or 3 years times when he’s slapping on a Borehamwood Jersey playing in front of 400 people.

Out of interest how many times have you seen GH play live over 90min?

Because IMO he is far and away the best young player I have seen at SWFC since the days of Mel Sterland and co.

Falling out with David Hirst was no reason to victimise his son by banning him from training or playing for the club.

A chairman does not select who does or does not play on matchday.

As for our chairmans record since he came to Hillsborough his record is IMO poor.

His first action was to sack a good man who had just finished 13th in the Championship, a man who ran the team

on a wing and a prayer without a penny to spend on the team, playing on a pitch that was a bog at times.

Last season dispite spending millions on players many who proved to be over the hill crocs we finished 15th two

places below where Gray managed in his final season . Tell me how that is progress?

I could go on...

1 hour ago, outlaw pete said:

Out of interest how many times have you seen GH play live over 90min?

Because IMO he is far and away the best young player I have seen at SWFC since the days of Mel Sterland and co.

Falling out with David Hirst was no reason to victimise his son by banning him from training or playing for the club.

A chairman does not select who does or does not play on matchday.

As for our chairmans record since he came to Hillsborough his record is IMO poor.

His first action was to sack a good man who had just finished 13th in the Championship, a man who ran the team

on a wing and a prayer without a penny to spend on the team, playing on a pitch that was a bog at times.

Last season dispite spending millions on players many who proved to be over the hill crocs we finished 15th two

places below where Gray managed in his final season . Tell me how that is progress?

I could go on...

Their were a fair few who thought Gray's time was up.

Nice of ya to cherry pick our worst season of the three he's been chairman.

The pitch is better than it was...................progress

The calibre of player at the club ...............progress

Our two highest finishes in the championship since we got back in it..............progress from where Gray left.

I could go on.

Unless of course that means diddly to ya.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

Now I'm being given a lesson on perspective by the bloke who lost his misses to his one-minute-wonder brother.

FFS am I really that low down the pecking-order on here? :picnic:

Kinnell. This sounds better than the Hirst saga. Please enlighten us. WTF:

2 hours ago, Rebowl Yell said:

Wow, what a kick in the balls that is. You know, I’ve tried to be upbeat and positive the past few days but you are right, I lost my girlfriend to a fat, balding half brother who can barely last a minute in bed. Right now they are in Cleethorpes probably having the time of their lives and I’m sat here alone in a dank apartament Block arguing with people on a football forum over a footballer that doesn’t give a throw about any of us. I’m so pathetic. 

I guess I just don’t belong here. Sorry you guys.

That strikes a chord mate, sorry you have had to go through all that. I'm in a very similar predicament, mine did similar to yours but I only came on here when she came back.

• Like 1

Well I guess he should be angry at 95% of the fanbase too then because we all think Mr C did the right thing and we’ll all be vindicated in 2 or 3 years times when he’s slapping on a Borehamwood Jersey playing in front of 400 people.

Well done Mr C for turning down that big bid.

5 hours ago, BIG D said:

Do we know when exactly that the mystery guy went on his swearing rampage? Was it before or after Billy Bigbollocks was taken out of games?

Way before.

It's a pity the statement didn't clear up what sparked it off.

Wow, what a kick in the balls that is. You know, I’ve tried to be upbeat and positive the past few days but you are right, I lost my girlfriend to a fat, balding half brother who can barely last a minute in bed. Right now they are in Cleethorpes probably having the time of their lives and I’m sat here alone in a dank apartament Block arguing with people on a football forum over a footballer that doesn’t give a throw about any of us. I’m so pathetic. 

I guess I just don’t belong here. Sorry you guys.

I know it's really crap if what you say is true....

But how do you know how long he lasts in bed? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

Im basing it on a number of things. 

The fact he scores for fun at the levels he has played at so far. 

At his age he should already be doing it at first team level. His father was.

The fact that he is David Hirsts son. 

Absolutely nothing to do with it. How many footballer's son's have gone on to have top level careers? Hardly any.

The fact that the latter rates him as good as he was if not better at this stage in his development. 

As a father he no doubt thinks the sun shines out of his son's a**e. Biased opinion, again if he were good enough he'd already be doing it  at Championship level at least.

The fact that we have already been offered 2million for him before he has even played at this level. 

Genuine fact? Agreed that if it was we should have taken the money and run especially if there were decent add-ons on top.

His physical attributes. 

Everyone keeps saying he needs to beef up, so questionable statement to say the least.

I am not a betting man but I'm sure this thread will get bumped enough times in years to come for all of us to recret this, not just the chairman. 

Of this I have no doubt, IF (and right now it's a pretty big if) he makes it. Time will tell.

And another thing... why on earth is this thread still going...

He's gone... nothing is going to change it. Whether or not we could have got more money or not it's no longer relevant. 

Can someone lock this thread... and stop giving Hirst our time and energy.

I keep seeing the thread up at the top so I thought I'd see what people can still honestly be going on about.. it's definitely not BREAKING anymore...

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

@Utar Owl said, "At his age he should already doing it at first team level, his father was" 

He would if he hadnt been banned mate 

lol

Are you from the "Deep South mate"

Like Hackenthorpe ?

lol

"This is Roscoe P Coltrane have you got your ears on 

Coo coo" ...... 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

@Utar Owl said, "At his age he should already doing it at first team level, his father was" 

He would if he hadnt been banned mate 

lol

Understand the sentiment, and certainly agree he should have been given a chance, but genuinely who knows?

• Like 1