BREAKING - George Hirst Gone

1 hour ago, FinnishOwl said:

Well, let's see yours then, Mr. Negative.

I'm quite sure that most players, who are certain to leave for free in the summer, can be sold for peanuts in January to offload them. Of course we must consider that the players have a good wage/ability ratio, or are willing to take a pay cut to play. Hirst would have gone to Leicester or other clubs for the right price, but the club didn't want to take the money. That blew up in DC's face but he probably learns from such mistakes.

Mr Negative. How old are you?lol

10 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

Mr Negative. How old are you?lol

Old enough to have seen the team go sky high and rock bottom. Old enough, that is.

The remark was not pointed to a neg rep but to a neg post without providing a counter argument. I think most of us are old enough to have fought on the internet for 20-odd years and found out that it's not fun. Discussion with proper arguments is a different thing :happy:

15 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Old enough to have seen the team go sky high and rock bottom. Old enough, that is.

The remark was not pointed to a neg rep but to a neg post without providing a counter argument. I think most of us are old enough to have fought on the internet for 20-odd years and found out that it's not fun. Discussion with proper arguments is a different thing :happy:

I provided 3 counter arguments to Gurru's point and then you interjected with complete nonsense. Hope that helps.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

I provided 3 counter arguments to Gurru's point and then you interjected with complete nonsense. Hope that helps.

Saying that the right price usually helps when selling is complete nonsense? Ok, fair enough..

37 minutes ago, FinnishOwl said:

Saying that the right price usually helps when selling is complete nonsense? Ok, fair enough..

If you completely ignore the fact that the player has to want to go where you want to send him and that he also has to sign a contract with the other team, which is outside of the selling club's control, then yes it is complete nonsense.

18 minutes ago, roaminowl said:

If you completely ignore the fact that the player has to want to go where you want to send him and that he also has to sign a contract with the other team, which is outside of the selling club's control, then yes it is complete nonsense.

Not ignored at all. It's just that we should not consider corner cases but a normal case where both the FC and the player want to have a solution rather sooner than later. The players want to play, it's their profession, and the club wants to have players who are happy to be there. It's quite a long time without any first or reserve team action to sit out 6-8 months and that can often be a career stopper. In these cases, both need to be able to come to a compromise and that means a right price and possibly a wage cut or a move to non-optimal club to get your career back on track. From what we've heard - but do not know for sure - the Hirst situation got out of control already a long time ago. Nevertheless, it should be considered a closed thing and hopefully it won't come back to bite us later. I think we have lots of promising youngsters and a perfect manager for them to get some first team action.

Does it really matter. Hirst has never proven himself at the club. It was all hype of him being a carbon copy of his old man. No loss to the club apart from a spoilt child throwing his toys out of the pram then flipping off to the Belgium version of Rochdale.

Time to move on forget he ever existed and wait to see him trolling round for Dinnington Town in about 4 years scrounging a game where he can. Usually happens when some kid thinks he's Billy Big rounduns 

Edited by Glenn59

9 minutes ago, Glenn59 said:

Does it really matter. Hirst has never proven himself at the club. It was all hype of him being a carbon copy of his old man. No loss to the club apart from a spoilt child throwing his toys out of the pram then flipping off to the Belgium version of Rochdale.

Time to move on forget he ever existed and wait to see him trolling round for Dinnington Town in about 4 years scrounging a game where he can. Usually happens when some kid thinks he's Billy Big rounduns 

International career

Hirst made his debut for the England Under-17 national team during the Algarve Cup in February 2016 - in his second game for the team he scored twice against Germany in a 2-2 draw.[7] He was subsequently called up to the squad for the 2016 UEFA European Under-17 Championship in Azerbaijan.[8] In the group stage Hirst scored against Denmark[9] and started the Quarter-final defeat against Spain.[10]

On 23 August 2016, Hirst was called up to the England U18's for the first time.[11] In Summer 2017, Hirst represented England Under 20s at the 2017 Toulon Tournament, scoring a hat-trick in a game against Cuba[12] to take his 2016-2017 tally to 40 goals in all competitions. Hirst started in the final against the Ivory Coast which England won on penalties[13] and was subsequently named in the team of the tournament.[14]

On 1 September 2017, Hirst scored his second hat-trick of the Summer in a victory against Poland, for England Under-19.[15]

George was watched extensively all through his time with us by 2 top 6 Premier teams. (amongst others not so thorough).

Neither made an offer for him or have made any attempt to persuade him to sign with them.

I wonder why ?

Just now, Owlinmad said:

George was watched extensively all through his time with us by 2 top 6 Premier teams. (amongst others not so thorough).

Neither made an offer for him or have made any attempt to persuade him to sign with them.

I wonder why ?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/11324323/manchester-united-targeting-george-hirst-suggests-sheffield-wednesday-boss-jos-luhukay

Owlstalk Shop

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

No it isn't

As if Jos would just chat to a paper about some other paper guessing that Man Utd might be chasing Hirst

ha ha ha

AS IF

I never said he was chatting to a paper :wacko:

Edited by Sonny

7 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Paper/Radio/Man on the street - it's the same outcome. he'd not just start chatting to them off the cuff about it without even checking the facts or having knowledge of it

I never said he was just chatting off the cuff either, blimey :wacko:

Agent led paper talk about Man U

Press conference time, ’Hey Jos, what do you think about Man U being interested in George Hirst’

’Well, clearly that’s a matter between George and the club but I can see how a club of that size would be appealing. Any more questions?’

What a fantastically bizarre chain of events that would be.

Edited by Sonny