Maybe this is why Clare was holding out for Villa

14 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Someone on here has posted a couple of times that he was offered 750per week which was then revised to 1.5 per week, the same as Northampton were offering. 

Course I don't know if that is true but if it is it seems like something I would reject if I was 21 and experienced and knew my own abilities. 

So , on reflection, it seems like something you’d refuse even if you didn’t know you’d even been offered it ?

2 minutes ago, chizumgeorge said:

Been supporting this club for 40 years, through thick and thin, would like to think without wearing blue and white shades or sitting clapping in the stands! Didnt find being accused of being a pig funny the first time you said it, the second time is taking the p!ss mate!

Please feel free to quote any post of mine accusing you of being a Blade. 

Can’t be bothered dancing to his tune. If he’s been presented with the opportunity to sign (and this seems to have been there for at least a couple of months) and he hasn’t then toddle pip Sean. He needs to find a new club - something that he is struggling with by the looks of it ( or his agent has a higher value of his player than other clubs do). 

39 minutes ago, Southie_Owl said:

I’m hoping the s*xy nurse will be along in a minute

lol

I woke up in hospital after obviously being in a very serious accident.

I had tubes coming out all over my body.

A s*xy nurse leant over me and said " you may not feel anything from the waist down"

So i mumbled "can i just feel yer t*ts then???"

• Haha 8

£750k or £1.5m per week? And what about Villa's current financial position? They are hoping to come to an agreement with HMRC about THIS month's tax bill, let alone another demand due in another 3 weeks And they haven't yet started to feel the effect of FFP! They cannot afford to pay the tax owed on what they have got, so I cannot see them even being allowed to consider transfers IN.

26 minutes ago, Buxtongent said:

£750k or £1.5m per week? And what about Villa's current financial position? They are hoping to come to an agreement with HMRC about THIS month's tax bill, let alone another demand due in another 3 weeks And they haven't yet started to feel the effect of FFP! They cannot afford to pay the tax owed on what they have got, so I cannot see them even being allowed to consider transfers IN.

Well yeah I reckon their days of offering lucrative contracts ended around a fortnight ago. 

They will be concentrating on selling rather than buying.

Whether another club will step in and nick Clare remains to be seen. 

I'll be glad when the contracts of Clare (and Hirst) run out. Couldn't give a throw where they end up, my only interest is in the club maximising our financial compensation. 

What's done is done, offers are on the table reflecting what the club believe is reasonable, neither want to sign so they can go and gain employment elsewhere and we can reinvest what money we recoup in players who want to be here.

The Villa link may be credible given their situation, a cheap signing in terms of compensation and wages and likely he may get a few games after their fire sale has concluded. 

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

James Bree on 23k per week at 20yrs old. Crazy if true. 

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/staggering-wages-left-aston-villa-12658260

Villa are looking to reduce the wage bill not throw it away on players who are very untested. Should've signed with us instead of allowing his ego get in the way. Just because he had a run of games in Winter - some of which he did okay, and others that showed he's still got much to learn at this level - doesn't make him worthy of a very big contract. 'Fraid this one's run on for so long that he's now damned if he stays and damned if he goes. It's a no-win situation - for him.

As for Wednesday, if he doesn't want to play for us then good riddance.

Don't think he will sign with us but i don't think it will be Villa anymore after this week. Lets just see, the offers are there if Hirst and Clare want them. If they sign great, if they don't then move and promote some other youngsters.

So Clare has currently refused to sign for Wednesday. We don't know why, but it could be a ridiculously low salary offer, or it could be he wants to go where he'd get more game time (Villa wasn't a good option, but might now be) or perhaps he thinks development at Wednesday could be bettered elsewhere.

Whatever the reason, now it's near crunch time, if he decides to stay at Wednesday we can't say no. If we withdraw the contract offer we get no compensation from wherever he ends up. 

But regardless, I'd welcome him back. It would be an embarrassing about face for him and hopefully that would drive him to knuckle down, work hard to improve his game and thereby justify his arrogance. He might even then get his transfer wish and we'd get a proper fee.

Here's a little 'wild speculation' of my own ...

If Sean Clare weren't injured then I reckon he'd have been a Gillingham player already - signed up for three years and earning the going rate for a League 1 player of his age group, with a great chance of being an automatic selection in their side and maybe even club captain within a year or two

Wednesday would've accepted a fairly nominal fee with perhaps greater emphasis placed on sell-on clauses etc

But he is injured - and still under contract

So they, or any other interested clubs would still have to reach an agreement with us or else wait until the end of the month and accept the terms laid out by a tribunal

... or they may choose to wait until he's fit again

While ever his wages are being paid perhaps both player and agent are happy to bide their time

Three weeks from now and it might all change dramatically

If he remains some way off full fitness I can see him signing whatever deal is on offer - as an alternative to a short spell on the dole

Guest Jack the Hat
1 hour ago, Sham67 said:

If he didn't want to sign as soon as he had the chance, I'd rather he fuckedoff to be honest.

Agreed. I just don't thinks he's played enough for us to be a big time Charlie . With most of our players fit and the liability (CC) gone, how much game time will he even get. Adios!

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

Where are they going to get the money from?

How much do you think they'd have to offer to better Wednesday's offer ? I can't see it being  massive money in Championship terms, the sale of Grealish who's rated around 30 million and a few others will generate enough cash to see Villa right .

Guest The Claw

the villa are in the poo over unpaid tax so he aint going there cos they will have trouble buying the poo roll to wipe it away

2 hours ago, Bring Back Beni said:

We plucked the kid from a Nike academy with no youth experience, he should remember his dues and sign

Or maybe it is plain and simple we have offered him a crap contract and he is looking elsewhere because we stubbornly won't give him the going rate be that £3-10k a week who knows.

I will be surprise when a kid was releases, find a new home who play him give him a chance and he breaks into the first team, to then not want to sign a contract seems strange either we have offered him that little, he is homesick for London or his agent thinks he can get a better paid day elsewhere who knows.