Maybe this is why Clare was holding out for Villa

28 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

Ha how can you compare him to delli alli .sean clare had 1 good game for us other than that he was mediocre at best let not get carried away with him thinking he next superstar because he isnt

I'm giving examples of players who carry the ball through the middle. Not suggesting he is on their level. Nor am I suggesting he can't be. The comparison part is something you have inferred. 

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or maybe it is plain and simple we have offered him a crap contract and he is looking elsewhere because we stubbornly won't give him the going rate be that £3-10k a week who knows.

I will be surprise when a kid was releases, find a new home who play him give him a chance and he breaks into the first team, to then not want to sign a contract seems strange either we have offered him that little, he is homesick for London or his agent thinks he can get a better paid day elsewhere who knows.

Yet we've had a bucket load of other players re-sign...

4 hours ago, Sham67 said:

If he didn't want to sign as soon as he had the chance, I'd rather he fuckedoff to be honest.

A couple of weeks ago I advocated withdrawing the contract offers for Clare and Hirst as their situation can only be a distraction. With the transfer window open there needs to be a clear picture of who will be in the squad next season.

I was warned though that our chances of realistic compensation awarded by tribunal would be reduced by this.

This is no doubt a possibility in the case of Hirst but Clare has spent such a short time here it would not be of major consequence.

20 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Fletcher is on £40,000 ish , Abdi £30,000 ish , Matias £30,000 ish = £100,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £5,200,000 or £5.2m a season

Add Rhodes into the equation on a report £40,000 a week that's another £2m a season you can very quickly see where the money is going.

I doubt Matias is on that much. Didn't DC say at one of the fan meetings that the highest wage is £35k? Still a ridiculous amount.

2 hours ago, room0035 said:

Or maybe it is plain and simple we have offered him a crap contract and he is looking elsewhere because we stubbornly won't give him the going rate be that £3-10k a week who knows.

I will be surprise when a kid was releases, find a new home who play him give him a chance and he breaks into the first team, to then not want to sign a contract seems strange either we have offered him that little, he is homesick for London or his agent thinks he can get a better paid day elsewhere who knows.

Or just maybe he’s not quite the talent his agent and his ego think he is?

11 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But that's when DC thought he new what he was doing with wages, Vardy , Doyen , etc.

Seems he's wised up. Gonna be an even more boring Summer.

Or we could fall for the same things as we have done for the last 5 transfer windows.

Don't get the business done early using the 'we are being wise, waiting for the best offer, Premiership loans excuses' - leave everything until the last few weeks of the transfer window end up miss out on our targets or having to pay well over the odds because we left it to the last minute. Under DC we have done this in every single transfer window other than the first season of Carlos.

I am going to hazard a guess come the players reporting back for Pre-season we will have signed no one, we will have got rid of none of the dross, we will not have confirmed the preseason program of games, we will start next season the same way we have started every season under DC, on the back foot and under prepared for the first game.

I want proving wrong, I pray I am proved wrong but I have seen nothing to suggest otherwise. I know its 18 days before the Owls report back to Pre-season training so I need to stop worrying. 

2 minutes ago, Woozie said:

I doubt Matias is on that much. Didn't DC say at one of the fan meetings that the highest wage is £35k? Still a ridiculous amount.

We signed him for a think 4m euro so I will be surprise if he is not at least on £20,000 a week, add in bonuses the figure could be higher, but you get the gist.

A youth player asking for £5-10,000 a week when we have players on 3 or 4 times that that never play - kind of puts the whole G Hirst, S Clare situation into context.

• Haha 1

34 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Fletcher is on £40,000 ish , Abdi £30,000 ish , Matias £30,000 ish = £100,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £5,200,000 or £5.2m a season

Add Rhodes into the equation on a report £40,000 a week that's another £2m a season you can very quickly see where the money is going.

Where u get matias is on 30ish never has been .your making things up again arnt you tut tut .

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But the two real talents that others team are interested in won'#t sign...........

You make some good points but think Jos maybe a different bird to Carlos.

For a start, he don't have Doyen and appears very, very professional in terms of preparation, etc.

Clearly brought in to work with what we've got, his change with Big Dave was impressive.

So, hopefull. On Clare, why we put him in shop window with 5 months contract left was daft.

Just now, dan1980 said:

Where u get matias is on 30ish never has been .your making things up again arnt you tut tut .

So Dan can you list what all of the players are on as you seem very quick to shoot people down but back it up with nothing.

Go ahead list what the players are on...................

• Haha 1

Just now, room0035 said:

So Dan can you list what all of the players are on as you seem very quick to shoot people down but back it up with nothing.

Go ahead list what the players are on...................

I dont know and i dont pretend to .but no chance is matias on 30 k a week .like i said stop making things up 

6 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We signed him for a think 4m euro so I will be surprise if he is not at least on £20,000 a week, add in bonuses the figure could be higher, but you get the gist.

A youth player asking for £5-10,000 a week when we have players on 3 or 4 times that that never play - kind of puts the whole G Hirst, S Clare situation into context.

No I don't get the gist. Can you post your sources?

2 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

I dont know and i dont pretend to .but no chance is matias on 30 k a week .like i said stop making things up 

So if you don't know how do you know I am not correct, because you don't agree with it does not suddenly make everything wrong.

Agree to disagree but don't assume people are wrong because you don't like what they say.

We paid 4m euro's for Matias i will be surprised if he is not on £20,000 to £30,000 a week or why would we pay 4m.

Rhodes signed for £8m and was on a reported £40,000 to £50,000 a week at Middlesborough, yes the lure of his dad will have helped but he would not have taken a big drop to join him. 

Fletcher was signed on a free and the wages he was being paid is what led to the trouble with Forestieri, Fessi when we sign him was on at least £20,000+, the report when we signed Fletcher was he was on £35,000 a week.

Abdi arrive from Watford for £4m fee, again a premiership player playing for a London team is not going to take a wage reduction to join us.

To say that Fletcher, Abdi and Matias to account for £100,000 for me is not a big fetch but if anyone has the correct deals please post them if able.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, quinnssweetshop said:

Shall we all take time to say....and remember

He's done nowt

Tend to agree.

A handful of games (may not be his fault) and yes in some he looked to be a good player BUT still has to prove himself at this level.

At nearly 22 he should be established not be talked about as promising.

Promising and upcoming is someone 17 or 18 etc. IMO

No one is bigger than the club and if it is true about holding out and not signing, then show him junction 36 of the M1 south bound.

You do not want to loose any decent player but again, not proven and questionable loyalty.

Here one for everyone who is the last player to play his whole career for Sheffield Wednesday.

We all talk about loyalty but this seems to be a very one sided thing in football - the player needs to show loyalty to the club but the first time a player has a bad season or is asking for more money, we say get rid.

Get rid of Clare because he asked for more money/ a better deal

Get rid of Westwood - we will forget the 3 years you were the best keeper we have had in 20+ yrs we will focus on you being injured and place all of our promotion faith in two kids.

Fessi wants more money get rid - but we all saw last season without him we were a mid-table team with him we have a chanCe of top 6.

The last player i can remember was a one team player for us was Kevin pressman and how did we reward him for 15 years of service, we released him and didn't even offer him a testimonial.

For players to only look after themselves go on them. Would I prefer them to stay definitely but we need to stop vilifying people for not wanting to do everything the club wants of them. - RANT OVER

16 minutes ago, room0035 said:

So if you don't know how do you know I am not correct, because you don't agree with it does not suddenly make everything wrong.

Agree to disagree but don't assume people are wrong because you don't like what they say.

We paid 4m euro's for Matias i will be surprised if he is not on £20,000 to £30,000 a week or why would we pay 4m.

Rhodes signed for £8m and was on a reported £40,000 to £50,000 a week at Middlesborough, yes the lure of his dad will have helped but he would not have taken a big drop to join him. 

Fletcher was signed on a free and the wages he was being paid is what led to the trouble with Forestieri, Fessi when we sign him was on at least £20,000+, the report when we signed Fletcher was he was on £35,000 a week.

Abdi arrive from Watford for £4m fee, again a premiership player playing for a London team is not going to take a wage reduction to join us.

To say that Fletcher, Abdi and Matias to account for £100,000 for me is not a big fetch but if anyone has the correct deals please post them if able.

If matias is on 30 what hooper and westwood on because even you cant think matias on more than them 2