Maybe this is why Clare was holding out for Villa

Dear Mr Chansiri,

We are two great talents in the Championship, seeking a new home with a fantastic, brilliant club with wonderful supporters who have a chance of promotion next season, and we’re both prepared to take a massive pay cut to play for Sheffield Wednesday.

We are both available for a trial anytime that is convenient to your lovely little club. We’ve always wanted to play for Sheffield Wednesday and both recognise the club as a fantastic, traditional, club with a rich history. We’re also both big Atdhe Nuhiu fans  and have always admired the work of Jos Luhukay

Yours sincerely

Conor Hourihane and Robert Snodgrass xxx

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sham67 said:

I'd say the same thing whoever it was.  Remind me again, when did FF refuse to sign a new contract?  

A weak, sham of a response. I'd expect nothing less from you.  Find a quote from anyone saying he did.

It could be argued he broke the terms of his lucrative contract by refusing to play and was rewarded with an even more lucrative contract.

You speak of taking it up the ar$e from Sean Clare. Unless you can share his contract demands we must assume that you are fantasizing.

I'm still hoping he will sign. 

We don't have a player of his type, someone who can carry the ball up the field like a Loftus Cheek or Delli Alli. 

He has all the attributes. Surely an offer that makes him feel wanted without being ridiculous would convince him to sign. 

Same goes for Hirst although I'm sure he will leave. 

Just as long as neither end up at L@@ds. 

He has not said anything negative, We have offered a contract and he his yet to sign, He got games last season because we had lots of injuries. he may want to see how recruitment goes before deciding on what to do. At 22 he needs games and if he is looking for somewhere he can get regular games I do not blae him. He knows has to make good progress in next coupe of years  Think daft wages are not as easy to come by as they were. latest fiasco at Villa will help drive down wages and Premier League failed to get money demanded for latest round of live games which suggests the liit has been received from doestic TV.

Fro villa figures you could easily see them going into admin as them wages are rediculous for a Championship club.

33 minutes ago, Spencerowl said:

Sorry... off topic.... I keep getting these ads and it’s worrying me what my phone keeps showing me 

749C06B9-55CC-476F-9CC7-58E797F2E8B2.png

205F1B92-6B61-4E58-876C-90EC34A689E4.png

It apparently does this when you have sought "advice" on line...........so I'm told.

4 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

At these wage levels, maybe gotta admit that DC was right to stand firm against Hirsty and Clare.

Shame he didn't stand firm when he signed Fletcher, Abdi, Matias, Hooper, Forestieri, Hunt, Jones - we might not be post £20m losses then.

I don't think £300,000 to £500,000 a year will have that much of an affect when you have spunked over £5m in wages on Fletcher, Adbi, Matias a season for the last 2 years.

What did make me laugh, though Newcaslte are asking £45m for  Lascelles I full season in the premier league and cost £4m - either they are insane or prices have got that silly in the Premier League, Makes Leicester buying Evans for £3.5m look like the deal of the season.

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

I'm still hoping he will sign. 

We don't have a player of his type, someone who can carry the ball up the field like a Loftus Cheek or Delli Alli. 

He has all the attributes. Surely an offer that makes him feel wanted without being ridiculous would convince him to sign. 

Same goes for Hirst although I'm sure he will leave. 

Just as long as neither end up at L@@ds. 

Ha how can you compare him to delli alli .sean clare had 1 good game for us other than that he was mediocre at best let not get carried away with him thinking he next superstar because he isnt

28 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Shame he didn't stand firm when he signed Fletcher, Abdi, Matias, Hooper, Forestieri, Hunt, Jones - we might not be post £20m losses then.

I don't think £300,000 to £500,000 a year will have that much of an affect when you have spunked over £5m in wages on Fletcher, Adbi, Matias a season for the last 2 years.

What did make me laugh, though Newcaslte are asking £45m for  Lascelles I full season in the premier league and cost £4m - either they are insane or prices have got that silly in the Premier League, Makes Leicester buying Evans for £3.5m look like the deal of the season.

How do you work out over 5 million on them 3s wages

3 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

Its all about money Pal they have no loyalty .

Lets face it if someone like Hirst who was "brought up" at and by SWFC, why is Clare who's only been here a short time going to have any loyalty? :CEO:

14 minutes ago, dan1980 said:

How do you work out over 5 million on them 3s wages

Fletcher is on £40,000 ish , Abdi £30,000 ish , Matias £30,000 ish = £100,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £5,200,000 or £5.2m a season

Add Rhodes into the equation on a report £40,000 a week that's another £2m a season you can very quickly see where the money is going.

• Haha 4

9 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Fletcher is on £40,000 ish , Abdi £30,000 ish , Matias £30,000 ish = £100,000 a week x 52 weeks in a year = £5,200,000 or £5.2m a season

Add Rhodes into the equation on a report £40,000 a week that's another £2m a season you can very quickly see where the money is going.

But that's when DC thought he new what he was doing with wages, Vardy , Doyen , etc.

Seems he's wised up. Gonna be an even more boring Summer.