#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

11 minutes ago, Vic Flange said:

Yes decent to compete in this division but by no means good enough to challenge for honours. 

I agree but play offs a possibility  with all players back .Hooper especially ,Also was it just me but FF really looks like he enjoying his football . I am not going to knock Rhodes but I really hope Jos can get him firing again . It will be tough next season ,Any moves for PL u23 players on loan ,Will depend on players arriving at clubs , Before clubs decide who goes out on loan. Players will be signed but some have to be offloaded ,I feel the club is in safe hands with Jos ,The injury problem when he came in ,He handled it  great ,Played young players ,Had all the hallmarks of  when Big Jack arrived we had no money ,Went to watch our young players ,Said to a scout I knew ,Who is that lad playing up front ,Scout says Dave Grant ,Jack said back good ,He is my left back ,Jos the man to do it ,Build from the back ,To go forward ,Onwards and upwards .

3 hours ago, bradowl said:

Looks like we've missed out on Butterfield,:biggrin: he's off to Forest by looks of it. 

It's times like these you have to wonder how people in football think and how their brains work.

Forest, who have been crippled by FFP for almost as long as I've been watching Wednesday (so it seems) deciding to fork out big wages for one of the most ineffective midfielder I've seen play for us in that same period. What are they smoking in Nottingham for them to think it's a good idea

• Like 1

4 hours ago, bradowl said:

Looks like we've missed out on Butterfield,:biggrin: he's off to Forest by looks of it. 

What have Forest done to deserve that?

Honestly I don't care provided he isn't coming back here.

Edited by prowl

14 hours ago, StudentOwl said:

It's times like these you have to wonder how people in football think and how their brains work.

Forest, who have been crippled by FFP for almost as long as I've been watching Wednesday (so it seems) deciding to fork out big wages for one of the most ineffective midfielder I've seen play for us in that same period. What are they smoking in Nottingham for them to think it's a good idea

Forest have been supported in betting markets with price for prootion shortening. They are lower price for promotion with all firms bar one than us last time I looked. Butterfield ultimate square passer, will fit in with karankas style.i hope they come in for Rhodes.

23 hours ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

I agree but play offs a possibility  with all players back .Hooper especially ,Also was it just me but FF really looks like he enjoying his football . I am not going to knock Rhodes but I really hope Jos can get him firing again . It will be tough next season ,Any moves for PL u23 players on loan ,Will depend on players arriving at clubs , Before clubs decide who goes out on loan. Players will be signed but some have to be offloaded ,I feel the club is in safe hands with Jos ,The injury problem when he came in ,He handled it  great ,Played young players ,Had all the hallmarks of  when Big Jack arrived we had no money ,Went to watch our young players ,Said to a scout I knew ,Who is that lad playing up front ,Scout says Dave Grant ,Jack said back good ,He is my left back ,Jos the man to do it ,Build from the back ,To go forward ,Onwards and upwards .

I don’t think the players that will arrive from Premier League clubs, will be household names They will be unheard of by most of us on here

In fact, I think pretty much all of our signings will be relatively unheard of, and I’m happy about that All these signings we made, who most remember from 4 or 5 years ago, tend to be just that, yesterday’s men

1 minute ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

How's that? 

Well Khan can buy Wembley so anything is possible.

Look forward to playing in the Stoke City Championship next season 

Joking aside, Stoke are a well run club and will likely use the parachute payment to their advantage. Like Newcastle did a couple of seasons ago 

Guest wilyfox
9 minutes ago, owlZfan84 said:

Why not, worked out well for Villa.

Worked for West Ham and Newcastle though. Risky strategy, hit'n miss, but works for some.