#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

4 hours ago, Rogers said:

I know this is not SWFC related... but other clubs are getting some business done.

Reading have signed David Meyler (ex Hull), John O'Shea (Ex Sunderland), and Andy Yiadom (Ex Barnsley). 

I'd have taken Yiadom. But Meyler and O'Shea really wouldn't inspire me if I was a Reading fan.

We need to shift deadwood in Fletcher, Abdi, Matias - I don't care if Jos may get the best out of them there is the best part of £100,000 a week in wages for these not to mention the medical bills costs.

We need to sell Winnall, Jones, Fox, Palmer, Hunt = no good enough, faces doesn't fit or simply never fit.

Youth either needs to be given a chance or loan out to get first team game time, but not loaned out to watch from the stands or get no game time, there needs to be penalties in place with loan club to prevent ala Stobbs, Penney.

Then we need to address our weak areas, Left back, right back, central defense, right wing. - The problem we have because we continue to wait for preseason, premiership loans etc we are missing out on free agents/deals that could solve issues for us cheaper.

Yaidom free from Barnsley and improvement on what we have a left back, Venancio a centre half we can get for less than £1m to sort the center half issues but because we are stalling other teams will come in, we will lose either lose him or end up paying more. I know I will get the its only the 7th June but look across in Manchester they have already spend nearly £100m and come the start of preseason they will have a full squad of players to work with so come the first game of the season they are ready.

This close season everything is 3 weeks early - if we wait till the team is back before we start looking at squad development we will once again have missed the boat.  

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

We need to shift deadwood in Fletcher, Abdi, Matias - I don't care if Jos may get the best out of them there is the best part of £100,000 a week in wages for these not to mention the medical bills costs.

We need to sell Winnall, Jones, Fox, Palmer, Hunt = no good enough, faces doesn't fit or simply never fit.

Youth either needs to be given a chance or loan out to get first team game time, but not loaned out to watch from the stands or get no game time, there needs to be penalties in place with loan club to prevent ala Stobbs, Penney.

Then we need to address our weak areas, Left back, right back, central defense, right wing. - The problem we have because we continue to wait for preseason, premiership loans etc we are missing out on free agents/deals that could solve issues for us cheaper.

Yaidom free from Barnsley and improvement on what we have a left back, Venancio a centre half we can get for less than £1m to sort the center half issues but because we are stalling other teams will come in, we will lose either lose him or end up paying more. I know I will get the its only the 7th June but look across in Manchester they have already spend nearly £100m and come the start of preseason they will have a full squad of players to work with so come the first game of the season they are ready.

This close season everything is 3 weeks early - if we wait till the team is back before we start looking at squad development we will once again have missed the boat.  

Yiadom has gone to Reading. 

Would have bee perfs for us. 

Don't get the major hype with Yiadom.

Reading on verge of relegation last season and won't be much better this. 

Not exactly major clubs battleing for the signature of a free agent was it.

Bree was a much better prospect and that has hardly worked out. 

Wouldn't have wanted any of Readings early business. If we had got Yiadom for free then fine. but i am expect much better from Hunt next season so not to disappointed.

11 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Don't get the major hype with Yiadom.

Reading on verge of relegation last season and won't be much better this. 

Not exactly major clubs battleing for the signature of a free agent was it.

Bree was a much better prospect and that has hardly worked out. 

Wouldn't have wanted any of Readings early business. If we had got Yiadom for free then fine. but i am expect much better from Hunt next season so not to disappointed.

We need better than hunt if we are to progress. 

I mean look at Fredericks and compare him to Hunt. It's another level completely. 

That's what we need to be aiming for. 

7 minutes ago, Beholder said:

We need better than hunt if we are to progress. 

I mean look at Fredericks and compare him to Hunt. It's another level completely. 

That's what we need to be aiming for. 

Can't really disagree. But Yiadom wasn't the answer and hunt will be alot better under Jos next season but maybe not good enough.  Yeah Fulham full backs been the benchmark in this divison for years.

35 minutes ago, fred mciver said:

But interesting to see how Reading are re-building. Fast.

I'd rather see us give our academy players more chances than sign players like John O'Shea, he was gash when we played them at Sunderland.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, bradowl said:

I'd rather see us give our academy players more chances than sign players like John O'Shea, he was gash when we played them at Sunderland.

John o shea well past his best id of been disapointed if we signed him