#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

1 hour ago, bradowl said:

I'd rather see us give our academy players more chances than sign players like John O'Shea, he was gash when we played them at Sunderland.

He was awful, as was the other centre half.

Atty and Joao bullies them

Has Abel Hernandez been mentioned? Available on a free and probably the best striker in the league if his injury problems are behind him. Only 27 as well so in his prime. Wages would be an issue but given he'd probably be worth circa 15 million if he was under contract would be well worth it. If we can shift Rhodes out on loan his wages would cover a good chunk of this.

5 hours ago, Beholder said:

Yiadom has gone to Reading. 

Would have bee perfs for us. 

Why would a player who's gone from one relegated side to one that will be next season, been perfs for us?

18 minutes ago, NorthernOwl said:

Has Abel Hernandez been mentioned? Available on a free and probably the best striker in the league if his injury problems are behind him. Only 27 as well so in his prime. Wages would be an issue but given he'd probably be worth circa 15 million if he was under contract would be well worth it. If we can shift Rhodes out on loan his wages would cover a good chunk of this.

going to L**ds apparently 

Quite a few quality top flight based youngsters been playing in the Toulon U21 tournament recently, some of whom for England and Scotland, might be available to loan at this level? I'd look at someone like the impressive Jay DaSilva, a young wing back/full back who was on loan at Charlton last season from Chelsea and looked impressive. Arsenal's Edward Nketiah looks quality too plus Chelsea's Billy Gilmour looked impressive for Scotland, along with a few others.

I don't know which youngsters from those teams will be close to first team action or whether they will be available to loan or not? But hope we get a few quality loanees in, similar to Huddersfield a couple of seasons ago, to blend with our own youngsters and our key experienced players.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

We need to sell Winnall, Jones, Fox, Palmer, Hunt = no good enough, faces doesn't fit or simply never fit.

Yaidom free from Barnsley and improvement on what we have a left back,

Manchester they have already spend nearly £100m and come the start of preseason they will have a full squad of players to work with

Hunt is twice the player that Yiadom is. You cannot be serious with this post?

then to say we ought to be more like the Manchester clubs... do you not think that they do their business because money is no object? And, behind Barca and Real, playing for either Manchester club is a player’s dream. Unfortunately, we are either a stepping stone or players will wait for better, more attractive offers before joining us.

What a bizarre couple of comparisons

4 hours ago, pazowl55 said:

Can't really disagree. But Yiadom wasn't the answer and hunt will be alot better under Jos next season but maybe not good enough.  Yeah Fulham full backs been the benchmark in this divison for years.

I can disagree!  *waves*

We have bigger problems than right back.  If we start the season with Hunt as our number one choice, (and if Palmer leaves) with Baker as back up, I'll be completely comfortable.  Hunt is fast, can cross and isn't as bad as everyone makes out defensively.  

We need cover at left back (if Reach is to play there), cover at defensive midfield and depending on how we set up, 2 players for the right wing to replace Wallace (and cover he never had...as Boyd never bloody plays there).    

8 hours ago, bigash_swfc said:

Our first signing will be...

George Honeyman, right on the money man.

Very soon too.

The one tipped by Nixon.

Decent player, another midfielder so we need to ship out one or two. 

18 minutes ago, Beholder said:

The one tipped by Nixon.

Decent player, another midfielder so we need to ship out one or two. 

Ship them out when they’re fit. As it stands in CM we have/had Bannan, Pelupessy and Jones fit with Butterfield gone so until the likes of Abdi, Lee and Hutchinson are fit the Honeyman shout is a good one.

Who would you ship out of CM @Beholder? For me definitely Abdi and Jones and just hope that Lee returns fully fit. Hutchinson could still be useful on the squad and I doubt anyone would risk signing him now anyway.

2 minutes ago, Junk Smuggler said:

Ship them out when they’re fit. As it stands in CM we have/had Bannan, Pelupessy and Jones fit with Butterfield gone so until the likes of Abdi, Lee and Hutchinson are fit the Honeyman shout is a good one.

Who would you ship out of CM @Beholder? For me definitely Abdi and Jones and just hope that Lee returns fully fit. Hutchinson could still be useful on the squad and I doubt anyone would risk signing him now anyway.

Defo Abdi. 

I think Jones will stay. He is experienced and can do a job from the bench in certain games. Unless a buyer comes in, which I doubt. 

Things never go quickly when various clubs are all trying to get the best deals for the same player... or the player has a few clubs after them. They will just hold out to see what deal they can get. Probably will start to see some activity towards then end of the window, it's just bloody boring. 

24 minutes ago, Beholder said:

Defo Abdi. 

I think Jones will stay. He is experienced and can do a job from the bench in certain games. Unless a buyer comes in, which I doubt. 

I think Jones might go, I don't think he's a leach like McGugan, who just sat out his contract and showed no intention of playing.

Jones has had his taste of the big time, earned his money and if his chances are limited, surely it's all about enjoyment at his age.

11 minutes ago, bigash_swfc said:

I think Jones might go, I don't think he's a leach like McGugan, who just sat out his contract and showed no intention of playing.

Jones has had his taste of the big time, earned his money and if his chances are limited, surely it's all about enjoyment at his age.

I think that is very harsh on Jones. 

He just doesn't have the wow factor of other players but he always does a job when he does play. 

1 hour ago, Libertine said:

It’s all very quiet at the minute. Transfer window closes when the season starts too doesn’t it? Not just us. Doesn’t seem to be a lot happening at all. 

Aye cos 90% of them will still be in Miami, Vegas or Dubai scuttling their way through bint after bint

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Beholder said:

I think that is very harsh on Jones. 

He just doesn't have the wow factor of other players but he always does a job when he does play. 

To me he makes life hard for himself when being pressed by invariably pushing the ball to his right thereby meaning he closes himself off and can only go backwards with his next pass.

I think we will ship out as many of the older end as we can get out

Our new manager seems to favour the young and hungry, rather than the 'been there and done it's'

And I'm all in favour of this

It's easier to get behind a youngster trying his best, than a seasoned professional who looks like he's going through the motions

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.