#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Just noticed a random Penguin-esque name being linked with us and a couple of other Championship clubs via The Sun and SportsMole. Ligue2 Sochaux midfielder Moussa Sao, is reportedly interesting us, Reading and Stoke. Never heard of him before, so maybe it might be more than just agent talk? It says he's a former Futsal star. https://amp.sportsmole.co.uk/football/sochaux/transfer-talk/news/championship-trio-keen-on-sochaux-midfielder-sao_327429.html 

Agency inspired tosh, very poor player.

2 hours ago, Quist said:

Agency inspired tosh, very poor player.

Probably right about agents and papers but I can't comment on how good he is or isn't has I had never heard of him before or seen him play before. Although French 2nd tier doesn't seem like a decent standard, there might be some gems at that level? If there's a shred of truth in it and if Jos rates him, then I'd trust his judgement after Joey potentially seems like an astute signing.

17 hours ago, yeadonowl said:

To be fair that was 5 years ago

Since then 1 season as Marseille, 2 days at Lazio and 5 months at Lille. Add to that no experience in England and it’s hardly a mind blowing potential appointment.

Still think big Mick will end up there

flipping hope not we never beat big mick

7 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Probably right about agents and papers but I can't comment on how good he is or isn't has I had never heard of him before or seen him play before. Although French 2nd tier doesn't seem like a decent standard, there might be some gems at that level? If there's a shred of truth in it and if Jos rates him, then I'd trust his judgement after Joey potentially seems like an astute signing.

Paixao has links to both Reading and Wednesday and whenever you see both clubs linked to a player you know where it has come from. Happens quite often. now we we have jos a lot of rubbish that is served up is being rejected hence statement about young players, This eans old has beens on frees which are good earners for agents are no longer being tolerated. Agents are not daft and know fans are impatient so circulate such drivel to try and get fans excited and generate interest in a player. Tripe report on every level.

6 hours ago, marcx666 said:

Be honest, you;ve never heard of him or seen him play have you? I;ve only seen him once and can't remember if he was good or bad lol

I have seen Sochaux a few times on computer. Like you my memories of him are that he did not stand out was very ordinary and if you do not stand out at that level you are not good enough for chapionship. The fact they are releasing him tells you how well he has done for them. i stand by coment poor player not up to Chapionship standard. I have explained where I think link coes form in another post and certain JL not involved in looking at this player.

On 01/06/2018 at 21:53, Bluesteel said:

Maybe it’s different people?

Theres also a difference between aggression and reckless tackling. Hutchinson provides ballast to a decent but lightweight attacking side, but when he doesn’t play teams can cut through us too easily.

We also forget away at Brighton 2nd leg of playoffs Kayal and Baldock i believe had Lopez in their pocket and it looked like we had 10 men playing 

hutch come on for lopez and immediately kicked the shiz out of both of them  hanging the game complety.

A brick wall with a bite

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Geoffrey said:

As you are ITK, please inform us who is taking on their wages.

Abdi back to Switzerland, Rhodes to rangers, Westwood wherever he wants and fletcher er er er.......

10 hours ago, Quist said:

Paixao has links to both Reading and Wednesday and whenever you see both clubs linked to a player you know where it has come from. Happens quite often. now we we have jos a lot of rubbish that is served up is being rejected hence statement about young players, This eans old has beens on frees which are good earners for agents are no longer being tolerated. Agents are not daft and know fans are impatient so circulate such drivel to try and get fans excited and generate interest in a player. Tripe report on every level.

I see what you're saying and that's probably right but it didn't strike me as a exciting name or anything like that. The randomness of it suggested that there could be something in it or it's just agent and paper talk like you said. We'll see what happens but unless we sell someone, we'll probably have to scour Europe for some unknown gambles or dig out some intriguing loanees or freebies this summer?

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2018 at 15:02, Mr. Wednesday said:

Agree, Bielsa would appear a big risk. Someone like Bruce or McCarthy would make sense and I would think would be a smarter appointment? Seems like they don't learn, hiring leftfield foreign appointments or names that seem exciting or in-experienced British managers. I think what they really need is an old fashioned no nonsense experienced Championship/promotion manager but for once be patient and to let a manager run things how he wants? The rate they go through managers is crazy and it won't be long till they're searching for another one. lol 

This next week after next lol

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

I see what you're saying and that's probably right but it didn't strike me as a exciting name or anything like that. The randomness of it suggested that there could be something in it or it's just agent and paper talk like you said. We'll see what happens but unless we sell someone, we'll probably have to scour Europe for some unknown gambles or dig out some intriguing loanees or freebies this summer?

It will be loan players I suspect.

Sao has played 11-a-side footie for just 5 seasons. His background is as a Futsal player. He is 28 years old.

If you look back at previous pre-seasons, we get linked with lots of players we never end up signing.

You’re welcome.

• Like 1