#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

7 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Sorry mate no haven’t heard anything, just hoping we can pull it off. Seems to have gone quiet though, and with Sunderland’s takeover perhaps it’s less likely.

Takeover or not, the fact remains they are still in League One so a number of players will want to leave. Hope he's one as energy seems to be big on the Jos agendacand this lad has bags of it.

On 08/06/2018 at 11:00, BRUCE LEE said:

Aye cos 90% of them will still be in Miami, Vegas or Dubai scuttling their way through bint after bint

Exactly. Nothing is happening because they’re all still on identical holidays to each other in Dubai with the exception of Palmer who has been canoeing in Langold.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Libertine said:

Sporting Lisbon after Joao & Forestieri. Apparently willing to offer 7.5 million for the pair. Probably need to atleast double it. 

So says some Portuguese football manager player on Twitter.

We all know who Joao's agents are

In my opinion, they will be stirring things up to get Joao a better contract either here, or somewhere else, it's what agents do in order to get paid

For me, any player coming into the last year of their contract, must be given a new contract or sold to the highest bigger

We cannot afford to lose players like Joao or Bannan for nothing

Offer them a contract, if they sign great, if not sell

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

11 minutes ago, HOOTIE AND THE poo TU said:

We all know who Joao's agents are

In my opinion, they will be stirring things up to get Joao a better contract either here, or somewhere else, it's what agents do in order to get paid

For me, any player coming into the last year of their contract, must be given a new contract or sold to the highest bigger

We cannot afford to lose players like Joao or Bannan for nothing

Offer them a contract, if they sign great, if not sell

I’d be offering Joao a new contract as I feel there’s more to come from him.  This season we should be making him almost the first choice striker and building a creative team around him, I.e. the 343 formation with two forward players supporting him (FF + another). I think what Joao needs is to feel important and then I think we’d see a 20 goal a season striker. 

Just now, Southie_Owl said:

I’d be offering Joao a new contract as I feel there’s more to come from him.  This season we should be making him almost the first choice striker and building a creative team around him, I.e. the 343 formation with two forward players supporting him (FF + another). I think what Joao needs is to feel important and then I think we’d see a 20 goal a season striker. 

I would offer him one as well, I don't think he'd sign it though

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

4 hours ago, Sonny said:

Exactly. Nothing is happening because they’re all still on identical holidays to each other in Dubai with the exception of Palmer who has been canoeing in Langold.

He’s pushing the boat out a bit isn’t he. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

For anyone that filled the survey in ,Did it say something about high ticket prices and continued investment ,Or cheaper ticket prices ,Selling star players ,And then playing young players .Its going to be a long season ,Joao could be saleable with Hooper coming back ,But FF he is something else ,Any club in Championship would want him.

1 hour ago, Jeffjohnsonmyhero said:

For anyone that filled the survey in ,Did it say something about high ticket prices and continued investment ,Or cheaper ticket prices ,Selling star players ,And then playing young players .Its going to be a long season ,Joao could be saleable with Hooper coming back ,But FF he is something else ,Any club in Championship would want him.

I think it was high ticket prices and retain the high earners rather than invest more. 

There is no pressure to have a fire sale. 

I think we will add a few as soon as we free up a few. 

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

I think it was high ticket prices and retain the high earners rather than invest more. 

There is no pressure to have a fire sale. 

I think we will add a few as soon as we free up a few. 

I did not fill the survey in mate ,I was just asking .The side we have at moment with Hooper and Lee back ,Could push for top 6 .That is my opinion ,I always try to be optimistic .

Maddison at Norwich, price tag quoted at £25m in one of the rags this morning 

Nearest we have to his quality would be Forestieri .... if he hadn’t spent majority of last season injured im pretty sure we would be taking in some massive bids for him this summer