#SWFC Summer 2018 Transfer Window Rumours Thread

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

I think that is very harsh on Jones. 

He just doesn't have the wow factor of other players but he always does a job when he does play. 

Suppose I was complimenting him and saying he's done in the same post.

Being brutally honest, I was a Jones fan but I wouldn't want to turn upto Hillsborough and pay to see him in the team. He isn't a top 6 potential midfielder, no sentiment when it comes to parting with £40 lol

If Abdi goes back to Switzerland as rumoured, we can find someone to take Jones, given we have already lost buttercup ( yeah I know) with question marks over hutch and lees fitness that would leave us very thin in middle field. Given the size of our squad that’s a scary thought.

3 hours ago, Beholder said:

He just doesn't have the wow factor of other players but he always does a job when he does play. 

To an extent I agree, as a backup sitting midfielder he's a fantastic option to have.

However, he's very possibly one of the highest earners at the club. Depending on finances, it might be important to be pragmatic. However, he does do a job, and there's no doubting his experience and professionalism would be important. 

8 hours ago, Libertine said:

It’s all very quiet at the minute. Transfer window closes when the season starts too doesn’t it? Not just us. Doesn’t seem to be a lot happening at all. 

Permanent transfer window closes at the start of the season. You can still bring in loans up to the end of August.

Guest HillsboroughOwlNI

What about Jon Flanagan? Free to a good home, only 24 and has experience in this league. Would surely be better competition for Jack Hunt than Liam Palmer currently. At least for Palmer we also might get a (negligible) fee.

5 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

What about Jon Flanagan? Free to a good home, only 24 and has experience in this league. Would surely be better competition for Jack Hunt than Liam Palmer currently. At least for Palmer we also might get a (negligible) fee.

Don't fancy a woman beater in the team thanks

11 hours ago, HillsboroughOwlNI said:

How the mighty have fallen. Terrific for Liverpool a few years ago and looked destined for the very top then injuries then beating his partner.

in all honesty it is a tempting gamble for a club...just not us!

Honeyman would be a great signing. Hopefully we’ll sign a couple of that ilk.

1 hour ago, bigash_swfc said:

West Brom have started to put bids in for players.

They have bid 7m for Bobby Reid at Bristol.

1 good season and 1 year left on his contract. £7 million plus add ons maybe about right, although I’m sure I wouldn’t be saying that if I was a Bristol City fan! 

On 08/06/2018 at 10:44, Beholder said:

He tries his best but it’s debatable whether he does what we need him to 

2 hours ago, joelswfc said:

Honeyman would be a great signing. Hopefully we’ll sign a couple of that ilk.

1 good season and 1 year left on his contract. £7 million plus add ons maybe about right, although I’m sure I wouldn’t be saying that if I was a Bristol City fan! 

Have you heard anything about Honeyman? Whether our supposed interest is true or not and whether we're still after him or not or something?

4 hours ago, Mr. Wednesday said:

Have you heard anything about Honeyman? Whether our supposed interest is true or not and whether we're still after him or not or something?

Sorry mate no haven’t heard anything, just hoping we can pull it off. Seems to have gone quiet though, and with Sunderland’s takeover perhaps it’s less likely.