Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

6 minutes ago, cjtowl1972 said:

I dont think DC would have offered refunds, as it was only September & there was still a realistic chance of promotion.

He left Clueless in charge for far too long.

Regardless of what people think clueless in your words had us in the play offs twice .so to sack a manager who had done that 5 weeks into a season a bit harsh in my opinion .we Didnt have the best of starts last year but he managed to turn it around .unfortunately not this year but he deserved a bit of time.

Edited by Guest

Spot on.

Don't really see how anyone can think this is a bad move, except on here, of course.

Why should he say to people "OK no worries babes, come back next year, keep yer points and see you in the Prem xxx" whilst I go week-in week-out to support the team as I have my entire life.

You're all a load of moaning minnies, you included @Owlstalk. It's a fair enough offer, take it or leave it.

8 minutes ago, Fessi's Knee said:

Spot on.

Don't really see how anyone can think this is a bad move, except on here, of course.

Why should he say to people "OK no worries babes, come back next year, keep yer points and see you in the Prem xxx" whilst I go week-in week-out to support the team as I have my entire life.

You're all a load of moaning minnies, you included @Owlstalk. It's a fair enough offer, take it or leave it.

Truefan™

• Like 1

4 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

Why splatter it all over the media then?

He has their email addresses

He could have hit the reply button and dealt with it privately

Or 'professionally' as it might be deemed

Or 'appropriately' as it might also be deemed

As I understand it DC has replied  privately by email to those who registered an interest

in obtaining a refund.

It is one (or maybe more) who have posted the details of the offer on here.

"Why splatter it all over the media then" ?  I may be wrong but I haven't seen any official

statement from the club revealing the terms of the offer.

Surely it is the members of Owlstalk and Owlstalk itself (and perhaps users of twitter etc)

who have been responsible for the subject being splattered all over the media and not SWFC.:wacko:

Edited by oldtawnyowl
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

47 minutes ago, Millhouses said:

Absolutely pathetic, 'banning' your own supporters, but I'm not surprised.

Yet another example of his 'Wednesday family' statements being without substance.

It's getting to the point where we won't be permitted to criticise the club in any way.

No one will get banned, but if they cash in their season ticket early they forfeit their right to another

• Like 2

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

30 minutes ago, longreach said:

Hasn't banned fans.

It's not a punishment

You have a short memory of what Dave Allen was capable. .  Calling supporters a venomous *****, that lot, suing supporters for having a point of view on the internet, one supporter lost his house, some lost their jobs and at least one had a marriage break up.

You need to get a grip on reality.

I have a very good memory of his reign and how dreadful it was.

However in my opinion this move is sinister and wants to divide the fan base. So it feels Allen esque in its execution imo.

1 hour ago, OWLERTON GHOST said:

I think the point he's trying to make Spen is " A season tickets for its life not just til christmas" you are buying into a contract and there are penalties for opting out ..

Bit like a mobile phone or Sky TV 

Only thing that bothers me about all this is the embarrassment factor this is for the club "Dirty washing n that"  

It could have been dealt with on a more personal level imho.....

Hmm I don’t get his question though. Mine was more a point about the fact a refund is for the games gone, not the games coming. 

Looks bad all round.

Anyone really fed up should have handed in their season ticket to show their unhappiness with this season.No refunds or future rules but makes their point to the chairman.

The future banning of memberships or season tickets is a bit aggressive but by allowing the refunds the club have forced themselves into having to do it.So as much as some fans started it the club are finishing it terribly.

The future banning of those sales doesn't look like a Chansiri style of doing things either but much more of a certain newly employed CEO.

1 hour ago, sherlyegg said:

But you enquired about a refund, presumably then without the punitive conditions you would have accepted a refund?

Possibly yes. I've calmed down a bit since, but at no stage prior to the initial offer had I demanded or expected a refund.

I took exception to the tone of his message and combined with the CEO appointment and general lack of connection to the club through the catalogue of poor decisions and spineless, inept performances , I seriously considered it.

Had the offer been unconditional and refunded straight to my card,  I'd probably have accepted it. Therefore the conditions he has applied have worked in mitigating the damage caused by a stupid offer. I expect the uptake of refunds to have been minimised now, but the damage done by the whole saga is massive 

2 hours ago, Spencerowl said:

I don’t get the point of this? 

A refund is for something you have purchased? DC is refunding games not played? So.... not yet had?

Can you get a refund on a doughnut you’ve eaten?

No, but some sympathetic soul might give you a refund on the remaining 3 left in the box...

Its not only spiteful...Its bloody half an inch offa stupid.....

So much for the "Wednesday family"....You fall out with yer son and you rip your shirt and shout "You are no son of mine"..Off he trots into the wilderness, bloody ludicrous way to run a business.

You can't ever buy another season ticket?..Just because you thought this season was a total f.ook up?

Remember who made the offer in the first place...No bugger asked for it.

Its a simple statement of.."This club is mine and theres nothing you can do about it"

Its Draconian, its as ill thought out as most of this season seems to have been

I never had any intention of asking for a refund...I watch Wednesday because I al;ways have done..as have generations of my family before me...Now Chansiri seems to want to take that right away from Sheffield Wednesday fans...taken away , not by anything the fans have done...but by bringing it about with an initial offer, and then adding the proviso

"You can no longer be a Wednesday fan"

Really Mr  Chansiri...?

You have no earthly idea of what constitutes a Wednesday fan.....You expect me to respect your culture with yer Lucky Elephants and unlucky stripes and grieving over the death of someone I never heard of?

Then YOU ride roughshod over our culture...?

Hardly fair that...Is it?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, fife_owl said:

I think it’s fair.  Fans pulling money back out of the club are dis-loyal.

They can still watch games - but no longer get the benefits that a loyal fan gets - which, of course, they aren’t.

Never buy a season ticket again?

What about the thousands who f.ooked off in the 70's?

Disloyal...Do me a favour...................

Football wants to carry itself like a business and treat it's fans as customers. That's football in 2018 and Sheffield Wednesday is no exception. Far from an exception, actually. 

The idea of paying £500+ upfront for a product that so wildly varies in quality is kinda weird anyway, and it's a benefit of blind loyalty that football clubs continue to take for granted that simply isn't afforded to any other business sector. 

The idea of season ticket refunds is something I wholeheartedly support. The idea of football being run like a business to the extent that it is is something that regularly and routinely sees fans coming out with the raw end of the deal. I think it's important the football community and the business side of the game do more to meet in the middle where product value and satisfaction is concerned.

That said, I dont own a season ticket this year for unavoidable non-footballing reasons, and I also wouldnt be taking Mr Chansiri up on his offer even if I did. Loyalty, pride and self respect in your support of a club through good and bad remains important to fans and it remains important to me. Football club owners are lucky that between themselves and Sky, that emotional attachment and passion for the club hasn't been eroded just yet (despite what often feels like their best efforts). 

I think supporting the idea of refunds, and more flexibility for supporters in general, and actually taking the club up on the offer are two separate things. I absolutely defend and agree with the concept of a season ticket refund at the same time as acknowledging it as something I won't and likely never would do, personally. 

I also understand - without necessarily agreeing with it - why the clauses including prevention from buying future tickets has been brought in, given the circumstances. I think it's a real shame that what should be a victory for supporter choice and value has been broached under such a cloud. I think there's a more sensible discussion to be had about the value of our experience as supporters which has been conducted in the least sensible way possible on this occassion. 

4 hours ago, southportdc said:

I say take the scammer's ticket away and ban him for life. A 70 year old wasn't born until 1947/48, so he wasn't injured in the war. Disgusting the way he's trying to rip the club off with a sob story.

There have been a number of wars since then. Which war it was wasn't specified. You are accusing an imaginary 70 year old war hero of being a fraud without evidence.

Hang your head in shame you heartless beast.lol

• Haha 1