Season ticket refund OFFICIAL OFFER

Guest S9_OWL
12 minutes ago, 2roland2 said:

Read the thread, and you will see why that's been thrown into the equation.

I haven't got time to read 30 pages, can you not just answer the question? 

And if you want to talk pricing, there is a line, but that line also works both ways.

For instance I'm sure if we charged £50 a season ticket, we would get more fans, but would lose £££ a week. If we increase prices we have more money to invest, but some fans would no longer be able to attend. Its a fine balancing act, and im sure if we increase prices futher people will have this debate again. But I don't see how that's relevant to offering a refund to the ones who wish to jump ship when the going gets tough.

2 minutes ago, rickygoo said:

Talk me through how you know these people are one and the same. 

Yeah - that is a baseless and unhelpful assumption.

A couple of seemingly rational and decent posters have shared their musings about taking Chansiri up on his offer without resorting to abuse, and there's no reason to assume that those who have asked for, or go on to take, a refund have been abusing the chairman.

I'm with the chairman on this. He responded to a small minority requesting refunds.

You can't expect to turn up to 11/12 games at a vastly reduced rate and then bail out of the remaining 11/12 with a refund. The club have budgeted that money (spent it). Then to turn up 12 months later and buy another and possibly do the same again isn't a viable business model and sets a dangerous precedent.

You pay to watch 23 games of Championship football, not 23 wins.

I've seen comments that he's treating loyal supporters badly. They are hardly loyal.....

I've no idea how many initially applied for a refund or how many will still want a refund having seen the conditions.

But he did offer one.

So now, he will have pisssed off the undecided and further pisssed off the ones who go ahead and probably a good many unaffected.

This will go against him when more unpopular decisions are made, it will be added to the list.

Why didn't he just say, here's your dosh we are sorry you are unhappy with the teams performance this season. Please be assured this is not due to lack of effort...blah blah blah.

We will always strive to gain the success, that I, and my staff are working to achieve but most of all to give the wonderful supporters of Sheffield Wednesday...blah blah. You are of course welcome back at any time.

But in the meantime you will be at the back of the queue for cup final and play-off tickets.

Errr, don't think I want a refund now...

We are where we are but wtf didn't he keep his gob shut

6 minutes ago, sherlyegg said:

I've no idea how many initially applied for a refund or how many will still want a refund having seen the conditions.

But he did offer one.

So now, he will have pisssed off the undecided and further pisssed off the ones who go ahead and probably a good many unaffected.

This will go against him when more unpopular decisions are made, it will be added to the list.

Why didn't he just say, here's your dosh we are sorry you are unhappy with the teams performance this season. Please be assured this is not due to lack of effort...blah blah blah.

We will always strive to gain the success, that I, and my staff are working to achieve but most of all to give the wonderful supporters of Sheffield Wednesday...blah blah. You are of course welcome back at any time.

But in the meantime you will be at the back of the queue for cup final and play-off tickets.

Errr, don't think I want a refund now...

We are where we are but wtf didn't he keep his gob shut

He didn’t need to say anything. 

Guest S9_OWL

So all these fans asking for refunds have either fell on hard times, or are suffering health problems etc? If that was the case why didn't he offer this last season, or the season before? 

At the start of this season fans had to email in and put themselves on a waiting list to get season tickets.

Ploy or not, the aim was to get people wanting into the season ticket ethos.    

Why should those of us who go through thin and thin, with the odd smattering of hope in between not get the rewards?   No doubt in future seasons, season tickets will be limited too should demand surge again as has been shown can be the case with some decent football on offer.

If demand surges, those who give up a season ticket now will kick themselves, but the club quite rightly wants and needs true fans to rely on, because without those of us that will buy in regardless, the business model fails - whether you call us customers, fans or whatever.

I don't agree with offering refunds, but it will have the desired effect, just like putting a perceived limit on season tickets to garner a sense of demand and limited availability. 

Guest S9_OWL
2 minutes ago, southportdc said:

He offered because he was asked. 

Exactamundo!

Edited by S9_OWL

I don’t think anybody who takes up the refund offer will do it because we’ve lost a few matches but rather in protest at the poor way the club is being run. 

This ridiculous refund offer just being the latest in a long list of poor management. 

4 minutes ago, southportdc said:

He offered because he was asked. 

Does he make an offer to everyone on anything anyone ever asks him for? 

Guest S9_OWL
16 minutes ago, kingsidney said:

I don’t think anybody who takes up the refund offer will do it because we’ve lost a few matches but rather in protest at the poor way the club is being run. 

This ridiculous refund offer just being the latest in a long list of poor management. 

I just don't get this long list of poor management. 

People chose to purchase a season ticket at the start of the season. Since then he has messed up the kits (fair does I agree it was a complete embarrssment but would it stop me going?), and appointed a CEO who hasn't even been given a chance to do anything wrong? 

Are people already forgetting all the good things aswel? The guy is new to football atleast be fair.

Edited by S9_OWL

14 minutes ago, S9_OWL said:

I just don't get this long list of poor management. 

People chose to purchase a season ticket at the start of the season. Since then he has messed up the kits (fair does I agree it was a complete embarrssment but would it stop me going?), and appointed a CEO who hasn't even been given a chance to do anything wrong? 

Are people already forgetting all the good things aswel? The guy is new to football atleast be fair.

He’s owned a football club for nearly 3 years now. If I hadn’t gotten to grips with my job in that time I’d be long since sacked. 

And his fizz ups extend well beyond those you’ve listed. 

5 minutes ago, owls maniac said:

He’s owned a football club for nearly 3 years now. If I hadn’t gotten to grips with my job in that time I’d be long since sacked. 

And his fizz ups extend well beyond those you’ve listed. 

Go on then.  

I'll list the good and you do the bad:

Good:

New Desso pitch

New Scoreboard

New Video advertising boards

New training ground pitches

Tens of millions spent on players

Best players signed to big contracts

Offered 3 year season tickets

150th anniversary fireworks

150th anniversary dinner

Now you go.

• Thanks 1

Just not bothered...

2 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Go on then.  

Good:

New Desso pitch

New Scoreboard

150th anniversary dinner

Now you go.

those advertising boards come under good ?.......

• Haha 2

6 minutes ago, mattitheowl said:

Go on then.  

Good:

New Desso pitch

New Scoreboard

150th anniversary dinner

Now you go.

Tens of millions spent on players worse than what we already had come under good?

aging players on overly long contracts seeing out their playing days come under good?

Edited by kingsidney